People who have children at school - does your school have parents association meetings during the day? Do you go to them?

I am keen to be involved in the school where I can, but is very challenging when they have their first parents association meeting during the day and on the same day as an open classroom and picnic in the evening which I am already having to leave work early for. With travel time I would have to take day off work really to attend - I can't fathom why it is a good idea to have them in the daytime??

Back when I was a child, mum was always involved in the parents association or the PTA as was called in UK, but then (when there would have been far less working parents) they were always held in the evenings.
Held in the evening here. Most parents work in some capacity. Even if only one parent works, it opens it up to both parents being able to attend. There are many fathers on school council, whereas parents club seems to be all mothers.

There is one meeting held during the day and that is the Finance one, this is due to needing the business manager (Office) there.

I am school council and one sub-committee that is about building the school community (not a standard sub committee, but one those in the Dept want more schools to have). Would like to be on Finance, but the day and time does not fit with work (anyway 2 meetings a month is enough really )