Thread: Beef Eye meat recipes please ....

smiles4u Guest

Question Beef Eye meat recipes please ....

Hi all,

My MIL gave us a ton of beef meat to pop in our freezer a little while ago and she labeled all the different meats as to what was what ... well, one is labeled EYE and i have no idea how to go about cooking it (i'm not a big red meat fan but DP is) ... anyway, i have defrosted it today and i'm guessing it's about 500gr in weight maybe a little more ... So, does anyone have any recipes ideas for it

Pretty please ...

Thanks to any kind replies

Cheers from Lorelle xox

Is it in steaks or a roast? Steaks you can do anything, and roasts you can do pot roasts or here is a recipe from taste:

Eye fillet roast

Ingredients (serves 4)
    10 pickling onions, peeled, halved
    800g piece beef eye fillet
    8 sprigs rosemary
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    3/4 cup red wine
    1 bunch baby carrots
    Method
    Preheat oven to 200?C. Place onions into a lightly greased roasting pan.
    Pierce meat 8 times with a sharp knife. Insert rosemary into piercings. Tie beef with kitchen string at 2cm intervals (this helps the beef to keep its shape). Place on top of onions.
    Combine soy sauce and red wine in a jug. Pour over beef. Season with black pepper. Roast, uncovered, adding carrots 30 minutes before end of cooking time. Cook for 45 minutes for rare, 1 hour for medium and 1 hour 15 minutes for well done.
    Remove from oven. Cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve slices of beef with carrots, onions and pan juices

smiles4u Guest

Thanks Niliac ... i'm guessing it's a roast as it's not like the thickness of a steak but not a huge roast size piece of meat

Any other ideas as i don't have red wine or small onions or rosemary on hand ... as i need to start cooking it within the next hour ...

I have soy sauce, carrots, potatoes & 1 x large onion if that helps ?? (and have ran out of garlic)
    Last edited by smiles4u; April 7th, 2009 at 05:48 PM.

In that case google some pot roasts... or you could go a red wine roast and serve it with a nice mushroom risotto... *drool*

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks again Niliac as i did just that & found a great recipe ... and it turned out so yummy ... Gee, the meat was tender ... not usually a big red meat eater but this i did enjoy

Thanks again for the tip on Pot Roast