Thread: inspiration needed - beef mince & beans

Default inspiration needed - beef mince & beans

DH got some beef mince for dinner and I was going to make meatballs but I have some beans in the garden that are perfect to be picked and eaten today. I would prefer to steam them because they taste so nice fresh.
    Sooo...... can anyone tell me what to make with beef mince that would be nice with fresh beans on the side.

i'm surprised your beans make them inside!! ours get eaten REALLY fresh - the rarely make it inside...

maybe a shepherds pie - we usually have beans and carrot on the side...

lasagne can be served with pretty much anything too

Meat loaf? We're having that tonight, with mash carrots and peas, but fresh beans would be delish! I make a recipe with mince, cabbage, chicken noodle soup, beans and curry powder...doesn't sound so good, but it's yummy. Can't think of the name of it, but I can give you the recipe if you want it.

Chloe, I am a fan of stuffed pancakes.......with mince adn green veggies served on the side for some crunch....

There's a really easy dish that we have made and its delish, it kinda tastes like swedish meatballs with potatoes:

Budget Dinner Recipes - Easy Weeknight Meatball Hash

Ingredients:
    1 lb. ground beef
    1/2 c. - 3/4 c. bread crumbs
    2 eggs
    1/4 c. plus 1/2 c. milk
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    2 - 3 c. potatoes
    1 14oz. can beef broth
    1/4 c. flour
    Directions:
    This is an easy weeknight on-a-shoestring meal that comes together fast with a minimum of dishes! Devised during The Christmas Without a Kitchen.

Defrost the ground beef in the microwave, if necessary.

When defrosted, place beef into a medium sized bowl. Add bread crumbs, eggs, and 1/4 c. milk. Take off your rings and combine the mixture with your hands. (It really skeeves me when my rings get gunky.) Once all the bread crumbs are worked in, start making small meatballs: think ping-pong balls or smaller.

Place the meatballs into an electric skillet. Spray it with nonstick if it needs it. Turn the skillet to medium to medium high heat to brown the meatballs. Use a spatula to turn them to brown evenly, or just lift up the skillet pan and shake it to roll them around a bit.

While the meatballs are browning, cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. If you're pressed for time, use new potatoes so you don't have to spend time peeling. If you've got baking potatoes, peel them before cutting them.

Add the potatoes to the pan with the olive oil.

When the meatballs are browned and the potatoes a little bit browned, shake the flour over the skillet. Stir to coat the meatballs and potatoes with flour. When there are no more lumps of flour, add the broth.

Cover the skillet and simmer 10 min. Add 1/2 c. milk and stir in. The broth should have formed a gravy. Cover and continue to cook if the potatoes are not yet fork tender. (How soon this will be done depends on how small you cut the potatoes; little bites cook faster, of course.)

(If you have an audience of fussy kids, try serving this with a fancy toothpick for eating the meatballs.)

Serve with a vegetable and dinner's done!
    You can add to or change the flavours if you like, but the essential idea is there

What about moroccan mince with cous cous?????

I can get the recipe if you like, its my gf's but she swears by it!