Thread: Spag bog reciepe

Default Spag bog reciepe

Hi

I am sick of the same old spag bog!
    Does anyone have a really yummy quick and easy reciepe that i can use. I love spag bog but i am sick of the same old jar sauce very sad i know but i have always done it.

Thanks heaps Nikki

Ok I brown my mince (beef) & 1 chopped onion, I then add a tin of crushed tomatoes, 1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic, a tablespoon or 2 of Spag bol spice mix from those spice jars a 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, some Worcestershire sauce, some salt & pepper, 1 of the Dolmio or whatever jars usually whatevers on special.
    I then add a teaspoon of curry powder & some chilli paste, I then look through fridge & pantry for anything else that tickles my fancy & throw that in too.

Then I let it simmer for atleast 1hour!!!

It's always really rich & tasty!!!! But as I throw in whatever, it's always different too.... LOL

Chop up finely some carrot, celery, onion and zucchini. Cook in some olive oil and allow to collapse and slightly caramalise, put into a bowl and set aside. Brown mince (I tend to mix it up a bit, might use italian sausage mince with a bit of pork & veal or beef whatever I have), drain and then add vegies back to the mince, add a couple of tsp's garlic (whatever you like) if using dry herbs add now and allow to cook off for a bit if using fresh add later on (I use a pasta herb mix I get from my delicatessen). Add a tin of tomatoes and a generous splash of red wine. Add some chopped up pancetta or proscuitto for extra flavour (if you want it crispy you can cook it with the mince) and then its really up to you if you add stir through sauce, passatta, some tomato paste and stock whatever takes your fancy. Oh and a Tablespoon of sugar.

YUM YUM YUM!

I was simply going to post, "Cailin, this one's for you...."

LOL!

I grate a carrot & chop finely some other veges like zucchini or spinach. I do what Cai does and brown them in olive oil & set aside. Brown mince & add 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 handful basil (I have a herb garden but you could add to taste dried herbs), oregano and italian parsley. When they have wilted I add 1 tin of diced roma tomatos and splash of red wine. I add the veges & cover leave for 20 minutes on a low heat. I add a tsp of sugar & salt & pepper as well while its cooking. After 20 minutes I make the pasta & let it continue cooking. the longer the better flavours & if you can get some pancetta it is beautiful to put a little in to help the flavours.