Thread: Bleeding and cervical ectropian/erosion

Question Bleeding and cervical ectropion/erosion

Hi all,

Had a bit of a scare this morning when I woke up and I was bleeding (TMI... creamy and red, with some clots), and completely freaked out... Rushed off to the hospital and put in the birth suite (which I could admire once we got the news that Bubble is fine and I'm not dilated... pretty much all I needed to hear... our birth suites all have their own massive baths. I'm so impressed!).

Anyway, after an extremely torturous IE, where the dr took a chainsaw to my cervix (ok, exaggeration, she had a feel and took a swab... but it felt like she had a chainsaw down there), I was told I had cervical ectropion/errosion (but not thrush like I thought I was getting) and that I was fine, go home, calm down and rest.

Pretty much all I was told was cervical ectropian/erosion, and it might bleed after sex.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has this and what it actually means?
    Last edited by Indadhanu; April 4th, 2008 at 12:56 PM.

Oh, I forgot to give you all a giggle (tis my mission to make everyone laugh at least once a day!).

I haven't shaved my legs or downstairs regions in about... oh, 4-5 weeks. I said to Shel as the dr walked in "do you think she'll be able to find anything?!?!". I can't see what downstairs regions look like at the moment but by the feel its getting a bit hairy scary!

Oh Alisia, glad to hear you are ok. I have no input to the cervical errosion. LOL, I am getting regular brazillian's for fear of ending up in an emergency situation and them seeing my thigh brows.

Leasha, I am so glad that everything is ok. I hope you are resting!

LOL at your hair scare! Tom arrived 4 weeks early so I was not prepared. I hadn't been able to see down there for at least 5 months so I had no idea how bad it was - until he was born and I discovered a jungle!!! I was embarrassed but hey, they've seen it all before!

LOL thigh brows.... Yep, got those
    I wasn't worried too much, just had a little moment of "its a jungle down there!".

So, anyone? lol! Or does everyone know about as much as I know?
    Last edited by Indadhanu; April 4th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.