Thread: Vag bleeding after emerg. C-sect? TMI

Question Vag bleeding after emerg. C-sect? TMI

I got to 4cm over 28hours from induction until emerg C-sect due to bub distress (meconium and heart rate dropping) .
    Dr gave me "a good clean out" because of the meconium and my blood loss almost ceased by the time we went home on day 6 but I notice now, on day 9 and 10 that it has picked up again. It was very light flow and mostly only when feeding but now it is more "mucousy" as well as darker in colour and I see a few tiny clots in the loo too. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I feel great and have been walking everyday since home with no real pain appart from the occasional cervical type soreness when urinating if bladder was especially full.
    Thanks in advance...
    Sazz

Mine was also like that. I recall almost stopping and then recommencing with a mucousy presence... if you're at all worried though, give your health care provider a call and run it past them.

MG

was normal for me, I had a 32 hour labour ended up in emergency c/s and bleed for at least up to two weeks or so. Do you have a 6 week checkup? maybe ask for an earlier appointment?

Thanks girls,
    Good to hear you are all the same. I thought it should last a bit longer even for a c-sect but all my friends delivered vag. so I wasnt sure.
    I am seeing DR about day 19 so I will check with him then if I am worried. I'm not really worried though, just didnt know what to expect.

Hi Sazz
    It all sounds pretty similar to what I had too hun. This can go on for some weeks yet so take it easy and give your dr a call if you are concerned. I had mucousy stuff for up to 10 weeks or so on and off and was told that was "normal" too. I guess we are all different hey!

Enchanted Guest

Sounds normal to me too hun. It can be confusing and a little scary though not knowing what to expect. When feeding your body releases a hormone which helps your uterus to contract so that is most likely wh your bleeding happens when you feed. I had a few clots too which is all normal. I have not long had my first AF and it was filled with clots which is normal too. Just as long as your discharge doesn't smell I wouldn't worry. If it does, get to the Dr as you will have an infection that needs treatment.

Take care hun and rest up (if you can!)

yep Sazz I have exactly the same post partum bleeding. I had minimal light bleeding post C that stopped about day 3 then started up again about day 11 and it's dark in colour with a few very small clots, sorry TMI. It's not heavy at all though just consistent, hope it stops soon.

Smile

hi sazz

it took a good 6 weeks for mine to stop, I had an emergency c-s at 36+2wks. the week after was like a period, then slowed to nothing, and I thought 'this is good'. then four weeks pp it started and stopped again. dont be too concerned at this stage unless it continues after your 6 week checkup.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I had bleeding for the first 3 weeks...it stopped, then it started again a week or so later and stopped again just before my 6 week check-up.

Perfectly normal.....

Thanks gang.
    Stopping again here now... will watch out for it to reappear though as only 3weeks today
    Nice to know that I am normal (well physically anyhow , cant say the same for my personality sometimes hehehe. )

Sazz we're exactly the same does that mean we are both normal? scary thought it's been 3 weeks and it's just mild spotting now I hope that's the last of it for a while I need to re stock my pad supplies

lol yeah Tiff, Gone through a few but not as many as nappies OMG!!!
    Gorgeous pic of Luca on your ticker!!!!! sooooo cute
    I have lost all my baby weight already...must have all gone out in fluids of one sort or another. Happy about that. And still BF so hope to get a bit smaller still as I have plenty to spare hehe.

Sazz me too!! I was weighing myself when I got home from the hospital 3 days after the C just to see how much weight I would have to loose and to my suprise I watched it all fall off in the first week! I've been sooo hungry though so I haven't lost any extra kgs yet cause I can't seem to get enough food in my head atm however I'm making a concerted effort starting today to eat healthy hopefully I can drop some kg for once.
    Thanks for the compliments on Luca's picture he's a little prince... I just have to remember that at 4am when I can't stop him crying

It is good to know that the bleeding picking up seems to be normal. For me bleeding ceased around day 9, had a small breakthrough bleed of bright red on day 12 and nothing else for the rest of the day and now at day 13 having lots of after birth pains and light to moderate bleed of a deep red in the morning that has now turned brownish red.
    I thought that the bleeding would be less due to the fact that they do like a D&C with a c-section, guess that just meant the amount rather than the time that bleeds would occur for.

If you're ever concerned about the bleeding PLEASE see your health care professional as you could be getting or have an infection. I had an infection after giving birth to my daughter by csect.. my bleeding stopped completely after about 8/9 days and then came back very heavily day 12.. I was admitted to hospital and put on an IV to fight it off. Whats normal for one person might not be normal for another so if you're concerned pleaseeee see a doctor or even get yourself to hospital.. for me,I called nurse on call about it and was told to get myself to hospital straight away, I didnt have to wait at all when I arrived at emergency I was rushed in and put on the IV. I was sent home on strong antibiotics and thankfully had no problems after that but it wasnt a good experience!

I thought I was the only one that was concerned but from what I can see i am not alone. Can't remember how I bled after first c-section but DP said I bled for a few weeks although I do know by the time I had my six wek check up it had stopped. This time mine has stopped and started so many times I have lost count although it it very light flow when I am bleeding. Sometimes it is bright red and other times it is dark red which I presume is old blood.

xxxx