Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cervical stitch

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie10 View Post
    I'm going public, they wont push it back again. It will be considered an emergency now. I just had an ultrasound today and my cervix is already starting to shorten....Most of my fears of the op have gone, I just want everything to be okay!
    glad to hear it wont be pushed back again!!!

make sire u rest as much as u can over the next week and lay down as much as u can so the pressure is off ur cervix.....did they tell u what length ur cervix was?

im sure it will be fine hun

They said that the minimum they like the cervix length to be at was 29 and mine was at 26. I'm not sure but I think thats inches or mills I have no clue. But they said my cervix was closed still so thats good. Yeah this weekend I'm just going to be lying around. I may even work half a day on Monday. Just gotta get through today....

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie10 View Post
    They said that the minimum they like the cervix length to be at was 29 and mine was at 26. I'm not sure but I think thats inches or mills I have no clue. But they said my cervix was closed still so thats good. Yeah this weekend I'm just going to be lying around. I may even work half a day on Monday. Just gotta get through today....
    according to my OB anything under 3cm is classed as short, mine is 2.5cm prior to pregnancy....
    id say those measurments are in mm so u would be sitting at 2.6cm, which is still enough to get a stitch in......

good job on taking it easy all weekend im sure all will be fine

Well hello ladies, I had the stitch a week ago and I survived. I ended up being knocked out thankfully. Just had my check up today and the stitch is holding well and everything looks good. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I am not allowed to do any exercise and lift heavy things but am allowed to go back to work as a sit down job and be careful. Thanks for everyone who posted on here it helped me ALOT!

hi bonnie!!

thats fantastic news!!! glad to hear it all went well!!

welcome to the life of no lifting, no straining, no fun!!

Hi Bonnie,
    Well done on getting thru the cerledge, I had one put in at 13 weeks..6 yrs ago.
    My first loss was at 18 weeks and 2nd one at 22 weeks. My cervix length at 14 weeks was 1.7 cm
    but durng dd's pregnancy it shortened .3 of a mm. I was on bedrest for the entire of my pregnancy and was told under no circumstances no sex..actually no excitement. I got to 37 weeks and dd was perfect. Good luck

I was wondering....altough you cannot have sex are you allowed to have an orgasm or will that contract your cervix a bit?? Too risky??

personally i havnt risked it, but we are on edge so im avoiding any...errr excitment just incase!

might be something worth asking the hospital, i havnt bothered asking my OB becasue toe be honest im quite happy with no action i twll DH im on long service leave

Hi
    Just wanted to say congrats for getting that stitch in with no dramas I get mine in 4 weeks...
    Last time around my ob didnt say anything about orgasms and from memory, I don't think I risked it until close to the end of the pregnancy It won't affect your cervix length but it can affect your uterus so sometimes it isn't recommended if you suffer from an irritable uterus as it can bring on contractions. Worth asking your doc about though!
    Minky - thats amazing that you got through with such a short cervix! Always good to hear stories like that

I was told no sex, no stimulation and so much that I had a slight bleed at 30 weeks and pretty much my first words said to me was I told you no sex...poor DH looked at me cause he knew he was getting nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12