Hi.

My fibroid was found at a 6 week scan.
Where abouts is yours located, and how many weeks pregnant are you? Do you know how big the fibroid is?

It was right at the opening of my cervix, and my doctor said he'd keep an eye on it, as it was quite small.

At my 20 week scan I think it had grown (still not super big, about 6cm diameter I think) and was still very low.

He said to wait and see, and that I could have a scan at 36 weeks if I wanted to, but that they can and usually will move out of the way as the baby engages.

He also said that it would take something pretty drastic for him to suggest a scheduled c/s becuase of it, and that he would alsways prefer to try natural first.

At my 36 week scan, it wasn't even visible to the sonographer. He had to check my records to confirm it had existed.

I had a vaginal birth.

I haven't had it checkd since my sons birth.

I also had a cousin who had a much larger fibroid, I think it was at least 20cm. She did end up having an emerg c/s, but it was't due to the firbroid.


Sorry, I don't know if that helped you any, but I thought you would like to hear a positive story?