Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Gestational Diabetes General Chatter #5

Thanks everyone for your support it has made me feel alot more relaxed about everything! My levels have still been a bit up and down since being on insulin but I'm sure will settle down. It's so hard being motivated for work with all of this going on! 4 weeks left and counting! Snowchickie I have an accucheck performa so those would be great if on offer! I'm not sure how to PM though so some help would be great

Hi KellyC - I just tried to send you a PM but you don't have it enabled on your profile so it won't accept a PM to you. If you select User Profile from the navbar at the top (same one which has Blogs, FAQs, Community etc) then from the left menu select Send New Message. In the To field just type my username and then in the message box you can put your address details and I'll post you the test strips.

Hi girls,

I had my baby girl wed the 11th of March at 38 weeks, i think all the positive birth stories must have rubbed off onto me.

I had a beautiful birth, just amazing, very quick post induction with the gel, just used the gas for pain relief. No drips, or being restricted to the bed.

I had my gel at seven in the morning and by the time he came back at lunch time with more gel at hand i was already in labour

I dilated really quckily and had my baby at six fourteen that night and she was seven pounds six ounces

My baby's sugars were perfect and im off the tablets and insulin. Now ill have to work myself up to get tested again.

Thanks for all the support, was great to hear all the positive stories

congratulations kellbell!

it's so good to hear another positive story

Congratulations Kellbell - i just knew your birth would be another positive induction!! - And of course the fact that your little girl is also named "Ella" must be a sign!!

smudgy - how are you going with the new dose of the pills? hope they're not making you feel too sick.

kellyc - have your levels settled down at all? and i totally hear you on the concentrating on work!! i am counting down and i still have 8 weeks of work left

hope everyone else is well

saw the DE and endo today & they both seemed happy - the DE said i need to exercise more but the endo said he's happy to see me again in two weeks & to keep going trying to control my levels with diet and we can reassess at each appt. he did warn me that by the end it's likely i'll need insulin, esp as i was diagnosed fairly early. but i'd already psyched myself into the possibility i'd need it now, so any extra weeks without needing it are a bonus!

Congratulations KellBell!

SnowChickie I followed your instructions but I don't have the send new message option coming up on the left of the screen! Don't know if it's me doing the wrong thing or if it's really not there!

Sloane that's great you're not on insulin yet, hopefully it won't happen at all and if it does hopefully it'll be a while before you need it!

My levels are still a bit all over the place, some days it's fine then others I have a few high readings. Not massively high but still in the high range. I've been in close contact with my endo though and I see him on Monday so I'll just keep monitoring. Also see obs on Thursday so looking forward to that!

Hope everyone is well

kelly - from memory, i think the option for PMs doesn't come up until you have around 50 posts.

KellBell - CONGRATULATIONS... on your little girl.. So glad to hear you had such a positive birth experience.. Keep us posted..

KellyC - Do you have an "Edit Options" link in the User Profile? If YES then go into that and tick the box that says Enable Private Messages. Once you've done that let me know and I'll try again. If not then i might just post my email address on the forum.

hi all.... hope all is going well with you ladies. sorry i've been MIA over these last few weeks, but i ended up in hospital for the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy and was induced at 38w 2d gestation. we had a beautiful baby girl Isabel Kate.... born on the 4th march at 6.34pm following an emergency caesar. 7lbs, 9oz, 49cm long, hc 34cm. unfortunately Isabel was just too inquisitive and was trying to come out brow first and she ended up getting stuck on the spines of my pelvis, hence the emergency c-section. have recovered pretty well, but haven't done any bsl's post pregnancy, a little afraid to. I suppose the truth will be told when I have my check up at 8 weeks......

SnowChickie - I do have the edit options part but nowhere to select about recieving PM's - must be because I don't have enough posts. Sorry to be a pain! I'll have to start posting more often!
    Congrats on your baby girl Vanessa xx

Hi Vanessa, and congrats on your little girl. Hope all is well with yo both now and you are settling in to mummyhood well.

Hi ladies

well i had my 6 week check up with my endo and the results of glucose test were fantastic!! 6.2 after 1 hour 5.9 after 2 hrs - so i am one VERY relieved mummy!!\
    good luck to all of you still waiting to do the test or get results, im sure all will be fine!!

YAY gill. good on you... what a relief!

Good news Gill, it is such a relief isnt it!!

KellBell and Vanessa - Congratulations on your bubs.

Default Good experience

Hi,

I just wanted to post to wish you all luck with your GD and bubs - I was shocked and quite upset when diagnosed with my DD2. I was really lucky and able to get good control of my BSL's with diet alone. I was under the care of a midwife run clinic and then once diagnosed had to transfer to a public obs clinic due to being 'high risk'. I was induced with DD1 and was quite distressed at the prospect of this happening again as I had some issues post natally that I was hoping to avoid this time around.
    Initially the Obs were insistent that I be induced at 38 wks - however thanks to the support of the midwives in clinic and one of the Obs I was able to go into labour spontaneously. It was a fantastic experience and I thankfully delivered a 3.96kg baby with very little difficulty. I am really grateful that my wishes were able to be followed and that we were both healthy!
    So good luck to you all - GD can be so stressful but the outcome can be so positive. Wishing you all great deliveries and healthy bubs!

Hi Ladies

Just wondered if I can join you. I've just been diagnosed with GD, been on the controlled diet since last Thurs & am testing 3x a week. I tested Sat & got nice steady results of 3.7 1st thing & 5 for last test of the day. Was feeling pretty positive about it all until today. Anyone got any experience with low levels? I'm confused, been following it all really carefully & today came to test for 2nd time since starting the diet, the day started badly with a result of 2.8 (fasting) & then after breakfast was only 3.3. I thought I'd wait for the after lunch 1 as figured it would climb by then & got a result of 4.9 which is good. Had a mid afternoon snack of popcorn (which was measured & on my list of good snacks) then dinner was veg, tuna & rice, last reading of the night, 2 hours after dinner is only 2.8. I thought the rice (it was a big serve) would have kept it up but seems not. My dietician never spoke to me about low levels, I assume they weren't expecting any I'm going to call them in the morning cause I think something isn't quite working for me! I just had 1 scoop of icecream plus my evening snack of ryvita & an orange as I figured a reading of 2.8 wasn't gonna go up enough with the just the orange/ryvita.

Feeling a bit despondent as my diet before the GD was good, I'd only gained minimal weight & wasn't eating any junk food, 4 days in & its all going wrong Any advice? I thought maybe I could have the max fruit allowance each day & maybe ensure I get fruit with brekkie, afternoon snack & evening just to try & keep the levels up. I would normally go swimming on a Mon but met a friend today instead, good job I didn't by the looks of my results!!!!!

Thanks for listening & hope to get to know you all better in the coming weeks.

Clare
    30+2

Clare, I would give your diabetes educator a call tomorrow morning and let her know what's going on. They are low levels and I doubt they would have been expecting those from you, especially as you are only controlling levels by diet.
    Do you have any idea what your levels were on your GTT that you had? Definitely worth getting this sorted with them straight away, because if you're getting low levels all the time you're not going to be feeling the best. In the mean time make sure you have some jelly beans or something on you just incase they get too low!

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast