Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gestational Diabetes General Chatter #5

hiya

well i just have to wait for monday and i get my results. But tomorrow i found out hte sexes of hte babies and check in on them

yay

angel

All of my GF's that have had sizing sans have been told & so has my OB told me this & alot of midwife friends that they can only be out by 500gms (either side +/-) of the actual birth weight...they were pretty spot on with all my GF's bubs weights..

OK... well i had my sizing U/S today... bub is on the BIG side but diabetes dr said from my last blood test his size is NOT from the GD.. which is good, he is weighing in approximatly now at 3.4kgs...
    I am now up to 8 units pre-breakkie & pre-dinner and 4 units before bed.
    I also have a date booked in for my caesar so much for bub coming a week pre due date.. it is being done 2 days before his due date unless i go into labor then they will do it straight away.

Angel - Good luck with your results. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. YAY! I hope the bubbas are going to co-operate with your scan and everything looks perfect. Can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Katones - Great to hear your scan went well and your baby isn't big due to the GD. That's really good news. How exciting about getting your c/s date. Do you think you'll go earlier?

Belfie - Omg. Only 12 days to go. Hope it doesn't drag on for you. Re the sizing scans, I didn't mind having them, since I got to see the baby again and I naturally am a worrier, so it helped put my mind at ease. No size would have changed my mind about the vag birth. Vag all the way, baby!

Hope the testing is going well for you ladies.
    xx

i wish i would go earlier.. have told hubby we need to have LOTS of sex abit closer to the date...he laughed.

katones - congrats on getting your date! And that's great that bubba isn't too big due to GD.

angelraelz - can't wait to hear the sex of your bubbas! And good luck for Monday

Tenny - yay for vag indeedy! I had acupuncture today, got more booked for next week and talked through what he can do to help bring on labour. Yay! :fingerscrossed: for natural labour start. I had HEAPS of BH yesterday and felt that bubba boy had dropped a bit (I was waaaay more uncomfortable) so I'm hoping that's all a good sign!

Petals - model baby, that's great! Where do I order one of those?

And yes, as part of trying to bring on labour...well DH has been told to be ready to DTD for end next week, hehe Gentlemen, start your engines!

belfie... he is just a gutz i have put it down to.. he ALWAYS has the hiccups :P hubby says oh he takes after me... my other two were bor 3.8kgs each.. this bub is roughly 3.4kgs NOW!!!!

he is just a gutz i have put it down to.. he ALWAYS has the hiccups
    haha that's too funny! Wonder if that means mine is too? He seems to have the hiccups HEAPS!

Copped an 8 last night, so my insulin is up to 16 now. Figure I don't really care if it goes up anymore (plus i don't think it will heaps) now I'm on my count down... hehe.

have a great weekend everyone!

well Belfie...
    I have been upped to 8 before breakkie & 8 before dinner then 4 before bed we ate out last night levels after dinner were good but this morning my level was around 6.0 so i bet come monday afternoon my bedtime jab will be upped.. i was a good girl yesturday but my levels were all ****!!!

hiya

had my scan they put my dates back to the 1st of March. So they couldn't find the sexes as the guy said it was to early and he didn't want to guess incase it was wrong.

So i will have another scan at 20 weeks and find out then.

Now i just hope my Gtt results are good.

angel

we went out for dinner last night.. levels 2hrs post dinner were good but this morning ****e!!!! and after breakkie ****e aswell!!! am totally over all this GD crap!!!! will see how they go after lunch.....

it's so annoying isn't it! I think I remember some of the other girls saying that sometimes things go a bit mental around the 35 week mark... maybe that's why yours are all over the place atm? Fingers crossed for a good reading after lunch!

I was lucky and mine weren't too bad over that time. But while they've just told me to up the insulin by 2 every time I go over 8, mine are still sitting on 6's and 7's even when I'm being good. We've got friends around tonight, and i know they'll want pizza. I'm wondering if I can get away with just a slice or two if I have some salad with it. I know i can't manage a pizza only meal

well we are having a bbq tonight i will have some chicken and salad.. so we shall see what happens tonight... it just gets me down BIg time...

kgb Guest

Hi girls

I am so over this pregnancy, last couple of days I have felt really heavy and can't walk for more than 5 min. My eyes have also been really dry and irritated. Yesterday I had a careless dinner and hit an 8.0 I got really scared. Today I am going to be super careful.

Belfie how did you go with the pizza last night?

Katone, I am over this GD, find I am eating the same food some days because I don't know what I want.

I am going to go shopping for new pjs for the hospital, I have no energy to go around looking at my self in change rooms. I am also going to do all my baby shopping stuff this week as I will 34 weeks and fear not being able to get around much after this week.

KGB

hey ladies,

I had 2 slices of pizza and a big bowl of salad - got a 6.6 so that was good.
    I know exactly what you mean re eating the same things. I walk into the kitchen sometimes and just say to DH, what should I eat? I'm sick of trying to think of something!

I just bought some great PJ's from myer - button down top, light & stretchy, I figure they should be good for BFing.

KGB - good luck avoiding another 8. And yes, do your shopping as early as possible! I left some of mine too late - was just too busy & stressed from 30-34 weeks to get much done. I'm SOOOOoooo slow now at 37.5 weeks! But i've got nearly everything now.

Katones - how did the chicken go last night? Hope you're feeling ok

I just can't wait until I don't have to do BSL's again. I've taken to setting my mobile alarm every time i start eating. I found I was just clock watching all the time and it was giving me the ****s. Now I just wait for the alarm to go off and do the next BSL - works a treat. Why couldn't the DE suggest that huh?!?!?

Hi Ladies

Hope you dont mind if i join you, I am 28 weeks pregnant with boy/girl fraternal twins and found out last Monday i have GD, must admit its been pretty crap week sugar withdrawals and trying to balance my levels and find food that doesn't throw me up to an 8 (still in shock that 2 of my three bad readings were after weetbix!). I see the ob tomorrow to find out if i need insulin etc but really hoping to avoid it.

Hope you are all having a good weekend

Shan

Hi Girls,

I posted the other day telling you all I had just been diagnosed with GD. Been reading your posts over the last few days and know too that I will be sick to death of having GD by the time my baby is born. I am so scared that I will be stuck with it after the baby is born.

I have my appointment on Tuesday with the Diabetes educator at my hospital, I am sooo nervous to go but will be good finally knowing what I can and cant eat & knowing how to control it properly. Not looking forward to checking my BSL's after each meal though. For those of you who have to inject yourself with insulin how long did they give you to try and control it by diet before they made you go on insulin injections? Also where on your body do you give the injection? Jeez I am totally clueless about all this stuff.

My hospital wasn't even going to test me for GD, it was only that I asked to have the test done. I keep thinking what would've happened if I never found out that I had it?

Sorry for the ramble but its just good to talk to someone who knows what I am going through.

Hi Shannon,

I am in the same boat as you. I only found out on Tuesday that I have GD. I don't get my blood sugar monitor til Tuesday so I have no idea what my levels are. I am trying to eat as healthy as possible but its hard. I am craving junk food now that I know I cant have it. It sux.

Congratulations on having twins by the way, how exciting!!!

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast