Thread: Hair Hair ... it's everywhere!!

Default Hair Hair ... it's everywhere!!

Well not quite...but my tummy has gotten VERY hairy and the hairs are growing longer!! Luckily they are very fine and blond..or it could be really embarrassing.

Anyone else gotten extra hairy during their pregnancy??

Yes! When I was pg with DD my tummy got hairy - it was really gross! Funny thing was my underarm & leg hair barely grew at all - weird huh!

I was the same as sneaky sparkle!!!
    All over my belly, but like no leg or underarm growth!!

Its very normal for hair (all hair) not to fall out at its usual rates, especially after the first trimester. This is why lots of women have really great hair during their pg - cos there is more of it.

It does catch up after you have had your baby though, so a bot more hair loss thna normal is also not uncommon once you have had your bub.

Yes I have noticed the same thing. I guess its normal, just a hormones thing

yess....unfortunately i have hair on my belly too!! A bit like a snail trail!! eewww

and the odd hair is popping up around my nipples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!!!!!!!!

but there is no real safe hair removal for the nipples is there??
    Last edited by bugalug; March 14th, 2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling

lots of dark hair all over my belly... and I'm still waiting for it to go! I think I may look at getting a full-body wax, the sort that hairy men get, because it's that bad. At least it's fine. Well, my usual hairy spots (legs, underarms, bikini line) is plentiful and coarse, but at least that's not on my stomach, chest and back.
    ETA: I pluck my nipples, there's not that much there and it lasts pretty well.

How's the face? Most of that has cleared up for me at least!

fortunately I haven't had any hair on my face. Only the belly seems to have it. I have had a hair or two around the nipples for years now and I just pluck them out too....takes forever for one to grow back. The hairs on my belly are getting longer and longer as the weeks pass by....it's kinda embarrassing, spesh when they rub in that lubricant for the doppler....yucky!

I'm noticing I've got more hair this time too. Luck for me it's light and blonde, but I see can see it.
    I didn't get it with DS. It's all new to me.

My arm and underarms are growing really fast too, but not so much on my legs.

yesterday i was looking in the mirror doing my usual eyebrow check and found a LONG WHITE HAIR ON MY CHEEK - i was mortified - how long did it take to grow, how long had it been there? had anyone noticed? at least it was white, but i am talking long - 2cm at least. and then a couple of weeks ago i had just got out the shower and collapsed to rest on my bed and somehow managed to see/find a long black hair - this time like 4-5cm under my left nipple but lower down on my breast, and it was long and pubic like.. totally gross, so i plucked it and almost saved it for dh,
    so yes hair in strange places - on my neck i get random here and there hair that i pluck as soon as i spot it and one or two on my cheek.. i make sure to check in the mirror every morning - but sometimes when i do find i wonder if it grew that long overnight as it definitely wasn't there the day before..

Yup got a hair under my chin that returns after plucking it. it's only ever teeny weeny tho, so very hard to remove, but it's black...so not something I would want to be noticeable. My underarm hair seems to be growing much faster too.

I am really hairy ...lol
    I have PCOS and with the extra hormones in pregnancy my hairs are growing like crazy.
    I am blonde but have black hairs growing in my neck, chest around my nipples and my belly. While these hairs are a symptom of PCOS they are growing much quicker and there are more of them. I seem to be plucking every 2 weeks.