Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have Reflux - Help!!!

Default I have Reflux - Help!!!

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone else out there has suffered from reflux during pregnancy? I am 32 weeks and have just got the fabulous symptons of reflux. Iam finding it very difficult and uncomfortable during the night and even sometimes during the day. I really would prefer not to spend the next 7 or so weeks sitting upright.
    Any ideas on how to prevent it or what i can do to reduce the symptoms?
    Hope to hear from you
    Thanks

IOMG i had it terribly with my first preg - I found the only thing that helped me was skulling icy cold ice coffee milk! I dont drink just plain milk but i have had a few people tell me cold milk helped them.
    I also ate quickeze and when in bed iu put myself in a slightly upright posistion that seemed to help sometimes.
    If it is terribly bad there are things that your doctor can give you for it!

Good luck

All the worked for me with DD1 was Mc Donalds choc shakes....even though ur not ment to have them..it saved me!!!!

Rennie was my BF while preggers. I too slept with loads of pillows. Sux hey?

Well so far, it sounds like the iced cold milky drinks are the go. I guess this kind of makes sense...Milk lines the tummy.

i drnk lots of choc milk and ate lots of Mylanta!
    I had it lots, pretty much every day.

Oh, you guys are the best.
    I am off to the shop to buy some iced cold milk and mylanta/rennie
    Thanks again
    Signing off...

I found Rennie tablets better than Mylanta. I hate the heartburn!

Milk with milo helped me as did mylanta, both liquid and tablets

Wow why didin't I think of Milk....think i'll try that next time around.

I found TUMS to be fantastic & they are in all the supermarkets..they dont taste too bad either so was able to take as many as needed. I'm not good with the chalky tablets, YUK! I still use them now when needed.

However mine got so bad that I couldn't eat or keep food down towards the end that the doc prescribed me something but it didn't really work.

I have terrible reflux still - FRUIT TINGLES are the best for it - that and 2L of milk a day lol

Fruit Tingles were my best friend when I was pregnant. I tried the Rennie, Mylanta and quikeze and they did nothing at all for me. I was buying friut tingles by bulk lol.

I've been going through about 2 L of milk a day, too. Glad its not just me...!

Girls I drank peppermint tea when I had reflux. It worked really well.

Yeah fruit tingles...funny that's what the TUMS taste like - now that makes sense. And I'm still wondering why I did not figure the milk thing out!!! silly, silly me.

Fruit Tingles.... yummo, looks like i will be down the shop to buy some of those today.
    I find the chalky antacids quite gross and hard to take, but i do find that they work quite quickly.
    Had a better night last night. Had a big glass of milk before i went to bed... slept ok apart from the waking up 6 times to pee.... oh well, i would rather be peeing all night than having reflux.

Langer'sMrs Guest

I've been living on TUMS for the last few weeks which have worked well.
    I have also found that you need to be careful with your posture. We went down to Esperance (heaven) and I spent the good part of an hour bent over holding the hands of an 18month old as we walked around in the shallows. I then had the worst heartburn and had to throw up in the sand dunes (I was most distressed that people wpould be thinking that I was just another Australia Day drunk). I also find that if I spend too long slouching on a comfy chair it's also worse.
    The midwife at my antenatal class suggested sitting on your knees and flapping your arms up and down by your sides (after a meal) to assist digestion. Personally I think she just likes to make us look silly lol.

Default Magic cure!!!

I have put up with constant reflux and heartburn from around week 20 to now (week36), but have just been given a cure that is absolutely brilliant. Apple cider vinegar!

Put around a dessert spoon in a glass and top with a splash of water then drink. I do this in the morning, then before and after my evening meal.

It has been an enormous relief - I got to the point I had to sleep upright the reflux was so bad. Started the vinegar on Monday and have had a fantastic acid free week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast