Thread: pelvic or hip pain when standing or doing things (9 weeks pregnant)

Default pelvic or hip pain when standing or doing things (9 weeks pregnant)

hi im just over 9 weeks and noticed about a week or two ago i've been getting alot of pelvic or maybe hip pain. its fine when i sit normally, but if i do something like stand and walk or try and pick my kids up it hurts, its not cramping but i can feel it in my pelvis or if its my hips i feel those muscles hurt IYKWIM. im seeing my ob on monday so ill make sure i get him to check it out, but i cant even sit with legs crossed or it hurts pelvis! i've had to boys for my size and height they were big ds 1 7lb 14oz ds 2 8lb 12 and a half lb and never had this before with other pregnancys. i also noticed their can be a clicky noise sometimes so wondering does anyone have had this and know what i should be doing to relieve this pain.
    bubs is fine too had u/s the other day and i know pain isnt from usual cramping its different and its both sides at the same time and more muscle pain. any help much appreciated!

Oh how I remember this! I still have it to a certain extent after Miss S birth!
    I ended up having physio which helped heaps also warm bathes and massage.

i have the same, and finally saw a physio yesterday - I have SPD. Please, see your OB and get a referral to a physio ASAP so you don't get worse. It's really scary, but there's a support chat thread on here for more info.

thanks girls, will get it checked out specially if it early stages of SPD. i cant afford to be so dependant on others with 2 little kids i want to be at my best, one good thing m/s is getting better yay! now i have to get rid of these aches and pains in my pelvic hip region lol.

One thing that I also found helped is to remember to do your abdominal bracing (hold your tummy in) when you move/ roll over in bed, or lift or bend. When getting in and out of a car, try to put your bum on the seat first and pivot with knees together (while bracing) rather than stepping in one leg at a time. It won't fix it, but it does stop you form aggravating it all the time.

thanks seen ob he said to keep an eye on it, he thinks it may be caused by how much i have popped out lol, he thought i was further than 10 weeks, but nope bub measures normal (2 days behind so teeny lol) i see him again at 15 weeks and see how i am then so far it seems a tad better but been not overdoing it lately so thats helping.