Thread: Pregnancy AFTER Tummy Tuck

Default Pregnancy AFTER Tummy Tuck

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well. Just wanted to start this thread and see if anyone would wander in for a chat.

I am currently TTC #3. I had a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) a few years ago after #2. At that stage having more kids was not an option... but things change... anyway.

From all I have read and been told, there is no risk to the bub in this situation, but I would still really love to talk to anyone out there who can tell me a little more about what to expect. Or to anyone in the same boat as me now.

Thanks. xx

Ok... so I am the only person on the whole planet (with internet access) who has ever been in this situation???? How can that be?

Hi Mayson
    OK I have obviously not been in this situation but I can tell you that your tummy tuck will not have any effect on your pregnancy and birth apart from a slight chance of some discomfort from your scar as your tummy grows

Hi
    While im not in your situation, just wanted to let you know my close girlfriend had a tummy tuck and has gone on to have two happy healthy DD's. The only thing she experienced was her tummy feeling tight.

hi there...
    not in your situation, well not yet anyway... but thought i'd pick your brains on what the tummy tuck was like?? ive got a belly i honestly dont think i will ever lose, had a c-section with my baby and just have that awful pouch thing happening... dont want to be wearing ugly bridget jones big mumma knickers forever!!! would consider a tummy tuck after having all planned babies... what was it like, what is the scar like? what was the cost?

anyways sorry to hijack just never met anyone who has had it done before!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma1979 View Post
    hi there...
    not in your situation, well not yet anyway... but thought i'd pick your brains on what the tummy tuck was like?? ive got a belly i honestly dont think i will ever lose, had a c-section with my baby and just have that awful pouch thing happening... dont want to be wearing ugly bridget jones big mumma knickers forever!!! would consider a tummy tuck after having all planned babies... what was it like, what is the scar like? what was the cost?

anyways sorry to hijack just never met anyone who has had it done before!!
    I'd be interested to know too

Thanks for your replies Alan and Tan, thats kinda what I thought, I suppose its just something you have to experience to fully understand. Its a little bit scary but not enought to put me off having another child. Tan, do you know what your friends situation is now. Were all the surgery results ruined? Did she get stretch marks? Was there a change to the scar? Sorry if Im pestering...

Emma. The total cost was around $5000 with no rebates at all. It hurt for a few weeks after but the pain was mostly under control with Panadol. The results are great, and aside from some areas of numbness around the scar it all feels quite normal. I did get a slight infection in part of the wound which took mega-antibiotics to heal and that area of scar is slightly thickened compared to the rest. This is not a visual problem, and I can only really notice it through poking it. Hope this helps.