Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning signs

That's fantastic news - you must be relieved! Take it easy and let us know how you go next week.

Not sure if this will help as I don't have PE, just high BP (my wee is fine as is blood).
    Ob. said if my BP gets to 170/110 during labour then they'll 'treat' it (I didn't ask what this treatment was, I'm assuming a shot in the thigh with something?) and if it gets to 200/120 then we'll be looking at vaccuum/forceps or an emergency c.sec.
    My BP has been around the 140/90 mark for the last three weeks which is annoying, but it's not yet high enough to mean a high risk labour.....
    Good luck at any rate!

Hey Kim,
    Just hoping things are better. As a reference it seems there is alot of differing opinions as to high bp. I had pe and gd and polyhydramnios but at my checkup my bp was 150/100 the doctors said thats it love;bub comes out today. He was 37 weeks and weighed 3275-thats 9 pound 7. Try not to be too concerned. The more you stress the more of a problem it will become. Never to late to learn how to meditate. How far along are you?

Pauline

pollyanna i guess the doctors do what they think is best. Some days, since i've been to the dr's and hospital i wish they had just taken bub out. Its not just the bp thats concerns me. but the pain im in. My stomach just aches and i get to the point where i cant walk, move, bend over. Little things like getting into bed kill.
    Im now 34 weeks along and counting each day and week down. The sooner the better. People say ill regret wishing for bub to arrive sooner but im over feeling so down and lousy with pain. All my dr says is 'its normal and it is because bub is head down low'. Possibly so, but i know alot of women who have kids now and all say they never got into this much pain. I know every one is different.....i guess im at the point where im over being pg.
    When things get tough i lay down and picture all the wonderful times i have ahead of me. Just some relaxation time out, soft music or curl up and read a book.

Take each day and week as it comes now, im sure my bundle of joy will be worth all the pain in the end

Hang in there Kim. You're doing all the right things - keep thinking all those positive thoughts about the times ahead and being gentle with yourself. My SIL has really bad pain and can hardly move because her bub has moved down very low so it does happen to some people. As hard as it is for you, each extra day inside is a huge help for your bub's lungs so just congratulate yourself on each extra day you get through. Maybe DH can give you some nice foot and hand massages...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12