Thread: a bit embarrassing

Default a bit embarrassing

I seem to have haemorrhoids, or similar. Not sure and am too embarrassed to go to Docs. It is from birth I gather particularly as I had an extremely quick but intense birth. It's only started to irritate me in last month or so. Wondering if there's anything i can do to treat that doesnt' involve a Dr!!! there's no WAY I could go to my usual GP about this, I'd never be able to face him again!!
    thanks for any advice xo

Could you go to a chemist and get some Anusol Wipes or other topical chemist treatment? (maybe from one far away from where you live ) or you could try getting some latex gloves, filling the fingers with water and freezing them. When they are frozen you place them against the affected area to give some relief, it doesn't sound pleasant, but my Mum swore by doing this.

I hope you sort something out and get some relief Meg.

Ohhh I know how you feel, I ended up with some after Kynan's birth too. I asked at the chemist and the pharmacist recommended Rectinol (a cream). Worked well! There was a thread on this topic a month or 2 ago in labour and birth I think...

Meg, you might find this thread useful mums with sore bums

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I used a combo of the anusol wipes and the rectinol, keep using them for a while even if they've gone away this will help stop them coming back. I haven't had a problem since.

I had incredibly speedy relief from using cypress essential oil (pure)! I'm not even a super believer in natural therapies, but this one wasn't expensive and it worked. A tiny bottle of cypress oil (available at most places that have those racks of various essential oils - pharmacies, health food shops, etc) lasts for ages.

How to do the treatment. Just pour some warm to hot water into a shallow container of some sort (e.g. plastic marinating tray, even a baking tray), so it's a few centimetres deep. Drop in about 10 drops of cypress oil. Then sit in it for a few minutes, so the sore affected area has contact with the oily water.

Wash out the tray and do it a couple of times a day.

My problem disappeared by the following day, and didn't return till after the next birth. Same treatment fixed it again.

Good luck!

thanks guys, off to the chemist today!! Not looking forward to it!! xo

How embarrassing. i go in and think I'll just be quick and get out of there, so I ask for rectinol. The woman goes "is it for you?" What the... so I say yes. Then she asked if the doc told me to get it, so I say yes. Why didn't I say a friend recommended it. Anyway more questions, dont' think she believed me so she had to get her boss. Oh the humiliation. Anyway, got it in the end
    Thanks for your help guys oxox

"got it in the end", that's funny! LOL.....

Never be embarrassed to see your Dr, that's what they are there for! They see all sorts of things, hemmorroids are nothin'!

This is a great site, have I said that lately? My wife and I have learnt HEAPS, especially me! I'll be so ready to help when DW conceives!

Thanks for asking the "hard questions"!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Meg, you poor thing. I hate it when you just want to run in and grab what you want and they bombard you as soon as you walk in. Anyway, atleast you have it now and I think they sell the anusol wipes and cream in the supermarket if you want to try that as well.