Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black spot behind eye ... What was your or someone you know outcome ??

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    Definitely an extreme example of mouth-before-brain there. Hope you hear something soon.
    ... ha MD hey yeh she's a tiny touch dippy but then i've been told by a good friend i can be aloof, lol

when i had surgery this year she came to my door with homemade veg soup and i said to my DP who answered the door " Now that's what i call a friend " ... so i couldn't help share my giggle !!

Hiya Smiles,
    I don't know how relevant this may be to you, but I have Macular Degeneration in my left eye. When the opthalmologist takes pics of my eye it shows up as a black spot on the retina. It's basically a weeny little growth on the blood vessels on the retina, and they sometimes leak fluid/blood which looks black on the picture. The growth damages the nerves and causes a blind spot.
    If you look at a bunch of straight lines do any of them look warped? (I use MS Excel to test my eyes, lol)
    It doesn't really have a known cure at this point in time, but I have had a couple injections into my eye with the same stuff they use to treat bowel cancer (but a lot lower dosage) that seems to have stopped the growth so far

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ree*Ree View Post
    Hiya Smiles,
    I don't know how relevant this may be to you, but I have Macular Degeneration in my left eye. When the opthalmologist takes pics of my eye it shows up as a black spot on the retina. It's basically a weeny little growth on the blood vessels on the retina, and they sometimes leak fluid/blood which looks black on the picture. The growth damages the nerves and causes a blind spot.
    If you look at a bunch of straight lines do any of them look warped? (I use MS Excel to test my eyes, lol)
    It doesn't really have a known cure at this point in time, but I have had a couple injections into my eye with the same stuff they use to treat bowel cancer (but a lot lower dosage) that seems to have stopped the growth so far
    ... thanks so very much for sharing Ree , i really appreciate it - just to get an understanding that it's not such a limited situation, could basically be a number of things !!
    (btw WOW how cute is your Blake there, he's adorable )

no probs at all smiles, I sincerely hope all turns out well for you
    and thanks, Blake is a cutie isn't he! but i am pretty biased, lol!

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Update : as of Tuesday 27th of July, GOOD NEWS had my further test and the Optometrist said the black spot behind is OK for now and to have it checked again in 1 year due to my own cancer history (which to be honest has me a little worried, can't stand any little black clouds hanging over me BUT at least for now i know i'm good)

First eye drop that went in did sting a little but nothing to worry about then i waited a few minutes then he put another different eye drop in which he got me to wait about 5mins with. Something that i wasn't warned about was when i got home i looked in the mirror to see with slight blurred vision my right eye which was tested the eye pupil was huge compared to me left eye, was like a freak show, too funny ... it did go back to normal as soon as my vision in that right eye was no longer blurry which was a few hours later. I caught up with a couple of friends about 90mins later (no i didn't drive that would be crazy) and they couldn't stop staring at my huge right pupil, rofl

all in all good news woohooooooooo:dance

xoxox

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by squidipa View Post
    all in all good news woohooooooooo:dance

xoxox
    ... thanks heaps Squidipa

That's so good to hear, Smiles!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12