Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Breast Cancer in Late Pregnancy Story

I will email her late next week sometime, as I will be at mums without my emails from Monday, and busy tomorrow.

Love

Thankyou for sharing your story,i too have breast cancer in the family and think which one of us is getting it next? I would imagine not many of us check our breasts when pregnant or b/f as they are different to normal anyway.I so hope your treatment goes well and i will think of you.Be brave and strong.Mind over matter helps enormously.

Hiya Girls

The lovely BB member has been back in contact and has asked me to post this on her behalf

---------

Thank you al for your heartfelt replies , it's people like you that make it a nicer time and a little easier to go through. I feel for those of you who have lost someone to this horrible disease, and those who know someone going through it or who has been through it. You are all truly wonderful people.

I am still around, and my chemo is nearly over. I was sick with a virus and had to miss one week of it, so i have an 'extra' week of it to catch up on. I'm counting it injection by injection now (makes it seem like it's going faster....) so now only have 5 to go before I start my radiotherapy course.

I have spoken to my surgeon about reconstruction, and may be able to have one early to mid next year, I feel very strongly about BFand i am currently preparing to re-lactate (sorry if TMI) so I can feed my little one again in the future - this is depending on if I am having to take Tamoxifen (for 5 years!) and if it is present in breast milk. I am enquiring with as many professionals in the field (here and in the USA) as I can to find out if it will be safe for my bub, as I do not wish my strong desire to BF to in any way harm his precious little bod! if it is present in my BM, I won't continue.

My hair, eyelashes and eyebrows are making a comeback - I am having a competition with my 5 month old to see who can grow hair the fastest, and unfortunately my 5 month old is winning !!!!

It's been a hard road, but i have kept my sense of humour, and have thought long and hard about many things you wouldn't normally think of. Life is far too short not to enjoy.

Thank you all again for your replies and concern.

xxx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks you for posting on her behalf Kat.

Thank you for posting again and letting us know how you are doing. What an amazing attitude you have and it's great that you have kept your sense of humour, I really think this aids recovery when you are sick. I'm glad to hear that your chemo is nearly over and that the possibility of reconstruction is there. Good luck with having the reconstruction is you can have one and also with relactation. If you want any info on relactation contact FionaJill or have one of the mods ask her for it for you.

I can only imagine how hard a road you've been down but you seem to have travelled it extremely well. Wishing you all the best and please continue to keep us posted.

I agree,thanks for posting.I have been wondering how you have been.Im glad the chemo is nearly over,once that is finished im sure it will be a huge relief.(less nausea for sure!)
    It is nice to see you have some lighter moments in this trying time and i hope you succeed in your quest for breastfeeding.Hopefully the next post will bring evn more postive news.Goodluck,my thoughts are with you.

I'm so glad to hear you're going so well! You have such a positive outlook - it's very inspiring.

Wishing you all the best and good luck with breastfeeding!

Thanks Kathryn for updating us, with how she is going.

I really hope you are able to re lactate bubs and everything goes well with the reconstruction. I am thinking of you and hope your daughter is well.

Take Care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12