Thread: DH had a massive asthma attack

Default DH had a massive asthma attack

He's had a chest infection for a week and on Thursday went to the doctor as his asthma had been really bad also. GP put him on antibiotics and cortisone which hadn't helped. He's been using his nebuliser daily but this morning he could barely stand and said you'll have to take me to hospital. Whilst on his nebuliser I got the car out of the garage and told kids to quickly get dressed, go back into the bedroom and he's barely conscious. Ring 000 and the ambos were just gorgeous. I've just come back from the hospital, he's still waiting to see a doctor but at least I know he's being looked after. Was the scariest thing ever.

Regards,
    Dianne

hun, hope he is better soon

That would have been awful for you all. Hope he is on the road to recovery.

asthma attacks can be so scary...hope your DH is feeling better.

It's not fun. My DH had Friday off work because he had a massive asthma attack on Thursday night and was so tired her couldn't get out of bed yesterday. It's the second in a week and he usually only needs his puffer once every 6 months. His is also related to being sick with the flu.

I hope your DH recovers quickly and doesn't give you any more scares. It is a horrible experience. I hope you are doing okay as well and aren't too shaken by the whole thing.

Thanks everyone, the kids were really frightened seeing their dad taken away in the ambulance. Will be taking them in later on to see him.

Regards,
    Dianne

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

How scary, glad he is in hospital now where he can be treated.

i really hope hes ok huni xxx

OMG!!!! Dianne! Hope all is well now

Oh wow Dianne, how very scary. Hope he is better soon

Huge 's to you and your family Dianne. Hope he's ok.

DH was discharged last night, he was given oxygen and kept under observation. The doctor said that if they admitted him they would put him on the nebuliser but because we have one at home he was discharged. Now he's having another attack. He doesn't want to go back to hospital because he feels they will just send him home again like yesterday. If he doesn't improve I will just ring an ambulance again without him knowing, this is just too scary.

Regards,
    Dianne

oh no. Surely being the second in such a short space of time they wouldn't just discharge him again?

Hun I would just call an ambo for him anyway...sounds like he had a pretty nasty attack yesterday so to have another one today would really knock him around. At least you have peace of mind if he is in hospital where they can keep an eye on him.
    DF was the same...he would never let me call an ambulance for him no matter how bad it got and I would be terrified. Luckily he doesn't have them very often..but I think they are more stress-induced than anything.

Hope he gets over it soon, but I think you need to do what will give you more peace of mind, especially when you have all the kids to look after too thinking of you xx