Thread: Has anyone been treated for Hypothyroidism??

Unhappy Has anyone been treated for Hypothyroidism??

Hi there All

Like they say if it doesn't rain it poors and at the moment I feel like there's a thunderstorm going on in my head....

I have been officially diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and although this has come as quite a shock I had a feeling something just wasn't right - i have felt off for some time now - years in fact.

My head feels "foggy" and I have the worst anxiety ever - i have this disgusting feeling to contend with through my entire pregnancy, it's not very nice always living with a sense of doom and gloom - i used to be the most positive person i knew now i just hate myself and my head space.

So without going into to much detail, I am wondering if anyone has/is suffering from this disease and what/how you are managing it - i.e. what medication and lifestyle changes you have implemented etc....

I am on hormone replacement therapy of sorts already - the doc started this immediately and I just feel more off - but not sure if it's all related or just another thing ontop of the stresses I'm suffering already - either way I feel YUK!!!

would love to hear how people are dealing with there side effects.

thanks so much in advance

Dianna I haven't been diagnosed, but it runs in my family. When I first went to the GP with feelings like yours of anxiety, and fuzziness and I had put on 5kg in 1 month. He ran heaps of tests because of my families history and he said it is common after having a baby for it to show with hormonal imbalances. I wasn't diagnosed, but I do know a few members have it. If you want we can move this post to the general health as they might see it there first

thanks christy that would be great

I'll move it to medical conditions

ETA Here is another discussion about thyroid disorders.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and insulin resistance associated with PCOS in mid July. Since then I have been taking thyroxine for the Hypothyroidism, and while I don't feel yet that it has made a difference, I have a couple of friends with the same condition, and they said it can take a few months to really start to feel better.

Hi Dianna, I posted in the other thread that Christy as left the link for. If you would like to know anything else, please feel free to ask.