Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lupus Anticoagulant

Stacy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lsp View Post
    My husband and I lost our first daughter at 31wks. Emily was stillborn with no warning and weeks without an explanation. She was over 3 lbs when she was born. About 6 weeks later my OB/GYN called me in for some bloodwork and we found I have Lupus Anticoagulant. I immediately saw a high risk OB/GYN and started an aspirin therapy. When I got pregnant again (about 9 months later) I started Lovenox at about 8 weeks. I now have two beautiful children. I was told the aspirin/blood thinner therapy was optional but I wasn't willing to risk it. The shots quickly worked into my routine and only posed a problem closer to delivery when I had to switch from the Lovenox (which is nonreversable to Herperin). We're currently debating another child so I've started taking baby aspirin again "just in case".

Stacy Guest

Hello,

As I was reading your about your sitation, I noticed it is similar to mine. I have had a total of 3 miscarriages. I am 32 yrs. old. I have no children yet. My first misscarriage was in April 2008. It was a Blited Ovuam. I found out at 9 1/2 weeks. Had to have a D& C. Then got pregnant again and Sept. 19th, 2008 went for ultrasound. I was about 9 1/2 weeks and the baby had stopped growing. Found out baby had trisomy 18. Had another D & C and they took a lot of blood to test. Found out I have MTHFR -Homozygous and Lupus Anitcoagulant was also detected at this time. I was told to take a baby asprin a day once pregnant again. Found out I was pregnant again on Jan. 15th, 2009 and starting taking the baby asprin a day. Started bleeding on Jan. 21st, 2009. My OBGYN recommended I see high risk dr. So, i did and he said my last pregnancy was called a chemical pregnancy. He recommended my husband and I get tested for a detached chromosome. We both tested and came back normal. He also recommended I get tested again for the Lupus Anitcoagulant. So I did and it came back NOT DETECTED this time. This was in March 2009. I am now 4 weeks pregant and my OBGYN and high risk doctor says I do NOT need to take the lovenox shots b/c my 2nd Lupus Anitcoagulant test came back NOT DETECTED. I only need to take a baby asprin and a day. But my hematologist says to take shots 1.5 of Lovenox daily in the stomach. I don't know who to listen to. Any advice???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12