Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome

Yeah i cant believe they did that,a couple of friends have had to have an emergency c/s too but nothing like yours you poor thing. I cant even see my scare anymore and my last c/s was just on a year ago. Some of my friends ones are still red and purple like 3years later.

Mumof5 ~ Have all your births been c/s?

No just my last two

I have 12 out of the symtoms posted. Have had them for the past few years, and getting worse. I don't think DH would think these are from having my tubes done.

rttj2000 ~ Have you seen a doc about them?

Hi girls,
    Just a queery for you, not sure if you can answer it or not, but here goes,,,
    Ever since having my bub, I have felt a sensation that can only be described as "absolute desolation and sadness" which only lasts for a few seconds at a time,,,, but it can happen many times a day. Almost always as well when i put my son to the breast and start feeding him. It makes me feel awful as you can imagine, and all i can do is take a really deep breath and breath it away.
    I have spoken to my gp who says it is probably just me taking on too much since birth,,,, and my ECN thinks it is possible a bit of postnatal depression,, and if i wanted i could have counselling etc.
    I thnk they are wrong as there is no reason for the feeling,, it happens without warning, and Idont have any other symptoms of postnatal depression at all. I can be quite happy right before it hits,, then whammo!!
    Wondering if any of you have experienced this after birth/ tubes being done?

Lil_Aussie.....I know exactly how you feel. I to was there after i had my last baby when i had my tubes done. And even now i have had the reversal i still get it a little bit.

Thank you girls for starting this thread, I never knew such a condition even existed from TL.

DH has always said Ill be the one to get my tubes tied, I have never been too keen on the idea and now after seeing this I don`t want to go down that path at all so thanks again for making us all aware that you can experience problems through TL.

ashsmum Guest

Hi,
    I had my tubes removed as they were damaged from endometriosis so I had to do IVF to have my gorgeous son (after 5 attempts) I too had had symptoms that you explained and have been worried that I will go through early menopause! I think it's just a matter of having blood tests and you can have Hormonal Therapy to correct this imbalance which I will need to do once i've finished having children. Hope this helps.

It is such a shame that our doctors didn't go into this side of TL. They never tell you that so much damage can happen and that you potentially face early menopause or what was worse for me was losing my breastmilk, I have never had a problem with the amount of BM I had when feeding my other two sons, I had ample amounts but with DS3 it dried up despite trying to increase, extra feeds, expressing, raspberry leaf, drinking more water. Losing my milk has been the hardest thing to deal with.

ashsmum Guest

Oh Steph, that's terrible, you poor thing, big hugs to you. I had problems with milk supply after I had Ash but luckily it eneded up coming in and now i'm still breastfeeding. I didn't realise that it could dry up because of TL. I am a bit up tight (hence the reason I was interested in this thread) because I do want to have another baby and have to do IVF for it to be possible and i'm wondering will it ever happen and should I do it early rather than later because of these symptoms. It does mean I have to stop breastfeeding to do IVF (because of the drugs) but i'm torn because I love it so much and Ashley might be my only child. I guess I should go along and see my gyno and have a good talk about it all. I do wish my DR had of talked to me about all of this when I had my tubes removed though.

bundyhan Guest

Default PTLS

Hi there,
    I also have PTLS. The doctors, hospitals most people actually dont want to reconise that this condition is real, I have been suffering for almost 8 years with it now. Has anyone who has had a Tubal Ligation every suffered with Gall Bladder problems, Jaw problems, Restless Legs,
    Would love to hear from others please
    Donna

Donna ~ I don't know whether suffer is the right word but I have had a few problems when I am chewing food, all of a sudden my jaw doesn't sit properly and I bite hard into the side of my cheek or my tongue. It is very weird. What are restless legs? Does anyone ever suffer from pins and needles in lower arms and hands even when they are still?

THATS done it for me - I'm not having one. I was thinking about it as we need something long term.

How do you talk your husband into having the snip ? Mine does not want to know about it.

Barb ~ I think a better long term solution if your DH won't have the snip is an IUD. I am pretty sure they last up to 5 years, they are as safe as anything else really. I am going to get one after my TR. As for talking to hubby, if he doesn't want anymore children then suggest maybe he should get the snip. It is a lot easier for men, a friend of mines partner had one, he was in pain for a couple of days and a little swelling then was back at work day 3 and he is a mechanic. One of my lady friends had her tubes done and was in pain for a week or more and was told not to wrok for 2 weeks. Men probably think they are less of men if they have the snip but everything is the basically the same. They still have an ejaculation when they orgasm only the sperm is gone. You should ask your doctor for a little booklet that your hubby can read. Good luck!

OMG Why dont we ever get informed of these things before we have our tubes ligated or tied??
    I had some many of those things it wasnt funny. I have nothing bar PMS - (pi$$ing me off syndrome) now that ive had my tubes reversed.
    I still get restless legs and it drives me nuts, like little ants in my veins crawling up and down until I get cramps in my feet and ankles.

Hi girl's, have'nt been in for some time. But I would love to have my tubes reversed, but DH says no way. I had the filshie clips done in 2000. And in 2001 had to have the left 1 removed, it had cut right through my tube. I had it done because DH wanted me to, and I thought I was done having my kids. So I did it. Well a few months after having it done I regreted it. i've been wanting to have another 1 since my son was 2, he's now 7. We have so many fights about having #3 but unless it happens some other way its not going to happen. I've read up on the filshie clips and they are 1 of the best they use. i have spoken to DH about it so many times but hes still not going for it. I've told him how empty I feel, and that I'll never feel complete inside, but does'nt seem to make any differance. I found this site thats says useing a needle and cotton over the left hand thats meant to tell you how many kids your going to have and what they will be. It's like using the ring and hair. Well I did it, and it showed the 2 I have now, G first and B second, then it showed another G, God I hope its true....

I know how you feel rttj2000, I feel empty inside too. Not that I am unhappy with my 3 beauitful children but I always had my heart set on a really big family, 5 or 6 kids. I also feel selfish though cos my older sister has severe PCOS and has a very slim chance of having babies. She doesn't resent me or my children which is wonderful and I have also told her that I will carry for her if she needs me to. Her eggs seem to be fine because she has fallen pregnant but she miscarries easily. I hope you're hubby reconsiders, I know what it is like, my DH isn't too sure about having my tubes reversed but I am sick of having the health problems. He is starting to warm to the idea of having another baby too.... Hope the same happens with you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast