Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Still not much new with me...I was 3 DPO yesterday, then had a significant temp drop today and FF changed to no "o" detected. Hopefully it will go back up tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. I don't have high hopes for this round as I can't even tell if I have "o"ed at this point...my temp in the morning should help me tell a little more.

Hi girls,
    Thanks for your good luck. right back at you all.
    well, what a day! I had my blood test this morning and doc decided it was to early to scan, so we skipped that. I then waited with baited breath until 2.30pm when doc called and said. "The good news is that there was HCG in your system, but it was quite low."
    So in other words, I am pregnant but don't get my hopes up.

I don;t know how to feel. I'm happy the clomid worked, but sad because now I feel like I'm just waiting for 'the end'. I have another test on Monday to see if levels have improved, but I kind of know they won't.

sorry for the totally depressing post, I am just sort of numb. Positive thoughts, maybe it will all work out. It's out of my hands now anyway.

Hope you're all well,
    Bec

Bec - I think that is fabulous news! When the doc says its low, is that because its just really early, or is it too low for where you should be right now?? You definitely need to keep your hopes up, and be sure to take care of yourself. What a blessing!!! I'm praying for you that this develops into a very healthy pregnancy!! (Refresh me, what cycle of clomid was this, and how much?)

As for me, well I am ruining the temping for myself. I think my problem is that I'm not temping at the same time everyday. I started this cycle with a different schedule and temped around 8:00am...now my schedule was changed and I have to get up around 6:45am a couple of days. Those days my temps are always much lower. I took an early one yesterday and had the drop, but today I took it at 8:00am again and back up. Now FF says I'm 5DPO with a solid red line...so I don't know how much attention I can pay to my temps this time around!!

Hi girls,
    I'm sorry to say I miscarried this morning. I kind of knew it would probably happen but I'm still a little messed up and terrified about falling pregnant again and having it happen again.
    Stejan, the doc siad my levels where low considering when I ovulated, which is why it was concerning.

However, this was only my first round of clomid on 50mg, so at least it worked. The doc said that as long as the m/c is complete I can start clomid day 5 as if this was a normal period. the irony is that if I wasn't being monitored so closely, I wouldn't have even know I was pregnant...

Thanks for your support girls, it's been a got send. Heres to round 2, hey.

How are you all finding side effects this time? I'm hoping it'll be a bit easier this round.

Anyway, hubby is being caring and cooking tea for me, so I best be off.

Talk soon,
    Bec

Bec - So sorry to hear that , but like you said, at least your body is doing what it should be doing. I do know that my cousin had a miscarriage early in one of her pregnancies. She was only 4 weeks along when she found out she was pregnant, and miscarried soon after. Her doctor told her that women miscarry all the time, they just don't know it because it happens too early that they usually don't know they were pregnant in the first place. It's harder for us ladies who are ttc because we are monitoring ourselves sooooo closely, and find out soooooo early on...I know that this probably doesn't help the way you feel...I'm sure it's hard, but keep your head for the future!!

Thanks Stejan,
    I'm a little better today, at least the pain has subsided a bit...the worst cramps ever...but I've done some research and it looks like I can take clomid again this cycle, so I guess thats a good thing.

This is round 2 for you isn't it? How's it going? I read back and you said your side effects are less the more you take? Maybe I should take a bigger does this time, I might not be so sick!

I'm actually ok with everything now. I'm being philosophical about it; what will be, will be and all that...who knows what next month will bring for all of us hey?

Talk soon, thanks again,

bec

Hi Guys

Im so sorry Bec to hear about your miscarriage, god only knows what you guys must be going through & I really feel for you & im sure I speak for everyone here when I say we would all like to be able to give you a big hug. I must say you have a great attitude though & you are doing the right thing & I feel that in most cases having that attitude can make all the difference to the outcome so as difficult as it has been for you, try to stay positive & im sure it will all work out in the end. You and Stejen are right though, at least it worked for you, it took me 4 rounds before it even made me ovulate so that really is a great start & hopefully this round is the charm for you.

Stejen - How is everything going with you, any new news?

Hello Ladies!!! Well...my husband and I went away this weekend to celebrate our five year anniversary, and it was a welcome distraction during the two week wait. Today I am 10 DPO. I had a first response pregnancy test in my drawer, but I only had one, so my plan was to wait until at least 14 DPO. I just didn't want to see the BFN.

Anyway...I have had it on my mind a lot today, and running web site searches to see how many woman get a BFP at 10 DPO. I know it's a long shot, and most women don't get it that early, but I went to PeeOnAStick.com and looked at the positive first response tests from 10 DPO. My husband left to go visit with his grandpa, so while he was gone I decidedv to just take the test to get it out of the house...then I would wait until 14 DPO to get a new test if AF hadn't shown.

My husband called and while I was on the phone with him I walked into the bathroom to grab the test and throw it away...honestly I wasn't even considering it would be good news...I was in mid-sentence talking to him when I completely froze...there it was...a BFP!!!!!!

I just went completely silent and then said..."Oh my God! I think I'm pregnant!!" I wanted Steve to get home as soon as he could to verify that there is a line there. It's very faint, but definitely there, and I don't have to hold it up to the light to see it or anything. He got home and I handed him the test...he said there is most definitely a line!! I keep checking it over and over again...and yes, there is a line!! It's faint, but it's a line, and it matches the positive results on PeeOnAStick.com. I showed those pictures to Steve and he said "Yep, that's what yours looks like!!"

Now I am completely freaking out....I'm just praying it sticks...hopefully testing this early and getting a positive means my levels are high, but I'm not sure...it's really scary to finally see that pink line, but know how early on it is and the chances are good that something could happen. Before Steve even got home to verify it I got down on my knees and prayed that this will be it for us!!

My plan now is to get a couple more tests and test tomorrow morning with FMU. If they are positive then I will call my doctor to let her know...

I know my eyes are not tricking me this time...there is most definitely a line, and thank goodness my husband sees it too...he saw it right away!! He said, "Does it count if its that light?" and I said..."A line is a line!"

Well ladies, what a five year anniversary gift...I just pray it sticks!!!

Well I had to add another post...Steve and I just went to the grocery store and I bought another box of First Response Early Result, and also the digital first response. I dipped one of each into the same urine sample. The First Response Early Result definitely had a second line...still faint, but definitely there. I don't have to hold it up to the light or anything to see it...it's there.

The digital came up as "No -" however I broke it open to see the inside and there was definitely a second line. This was still faint, but actually darker then the other two!!! I have three faint, but DEFINITELY there, BFPs sitting on my table as we speak....I am going to wait to take the other two that I have left on Wednesday morning to give my levels time to increase...this is gonna be a long few days/weeks, but I can't help but feel elated (and terrified) for the moment!!!

Stejan- THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! I'm praying for you too, a positive line is a positive line. Keep us posted and Good luck!!

Bec

Bec - Thank you!!

Today is 11 DPO and I took another test this morning. Still a faint BFP, but a bit darker then yesterday. I have a message in to my doctor to see what the next steps are...I'm sure I need to confirm with a blood test.

I will keep you all posted!

I now know what women mean when they call themselves a POAS addict...that's me!! I took a dollar store test on my lunch break and a very faint line still...I just got home from work and took my last digital test and..."yes+"!!! Yay the digital is detecting it now...plus I had three bottles of water at work!! This is sooooo exciting and sooo scary. I'm so afraid that it's too early and is going to be a chemical pregnancy or end in a miscarriage...

But I'm trying not to focus on my fears and focus on my happiness! My doctor is out of the office for the next day, but will call in to have me get some bloodwork done when she returns...

Hmmmmm...even after the BFP it still feels like a waiting game!!

Oh my god im soooo excited for you Stejen, that is the most fantastic news & you guys must be so happy? So have you got the bloodwork done yet? I hate to tell you but the waiting game never ends, first it's waiting for a period to take the clomid, then it's waiting to see if the clomids worked, & then you are waiting for either another period or to take a test & then it's waiting for the doctor to confirm it with blood tests & then waiting until your 12 weeks so that the chance of miscarriage is less & then waiting for the down syndrome results to come back & then waiting until your 18 - 20 week scan & then waiting for the first kicks & then waiting until you are past the 24 week mark where bub becomes viable etc & the list goes on! I say enjoy every minute of that waiting as it's the most exciting time in your life & it will all be over very soon & then you'll have your child in your arms & all that waiting is worth it. Congratulations & good luck with the doctors results.

Bec - How are you doing, any news?

Hi girls!
    Stejan- great to hear things are still travelling nicely! Can't wait to hear how you go with the doc.

Kell- I know what you mean with all the waiting! But it's worth it in the end.

AFM- I'm pretty good at the moment. CD8 (4th clomid day) and so far no side effects at all! After last time I was expecting the worst, but I'm pretty good so far. Hopefully it works...

Stay well guys,
    Bec

nicole85 Guest

Hey guys,

Stejen- Conrgats to you and your hubby so so so exciting, how many rounds of clomid did it take???

AFM- i am still plodding along hopeing that my third round of clomid has worked. I have stopped taking my temp and stopped useing the Maybe Baby i think i was annaliseing it all to much. I am still seeing my accupuncture guy think he is helping alot. I have been feeling abit flatt and very tired this week not to sure why maybe its the clomid who knows. I have been getting pain sort of like period pain ova the past week off and on. So i am not to sure what is going on i am feeling abit emotional about the whole thing
    My hubby and i are going away for the long weekend i think it is well diserved break.. I will let you know how i go over the next few weeks.

Bec- how is everything going with you ???

Kell- I bet your belly is looking big now

oxoxoxxo nic

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I am 4 weeks 2 days today, and I'm soooo completely nervous. I'm trying not to be stressed and trying to just enjoy this feeling. I go for my bloodwork tomorrow, then I have to repeat it 48 hours later...so we'll see!

Last night I started experiencing some lower back pain. It was pretty bad, and today it's still there just a little, and I sort of feel like my period is coming on. Kel, didn't this happen to you? How long did the feeling like you were going to start last? Did you ever have any spotting? It's just so weird to have numerous positive pregnancy tests, but still feel like AF is about to come!

I took another test last night mostly because I had been getting faint lines on all the tests and wanted to see if it was darker. It was definitely positive and definitely a dark line...so I guess that means my hcg levels are increasing! I just want to get the bloodwork back and see that everything is where it should be at this point. This back pain and slight cramping has got me worried...but so far no spotting or anything...

Nicole - This was my second round...pretty lucky I know...but I will say that my doc started me on 100mg the first round, then moved me to 150mg on this round, so I started a little higher then most do!

I forgot to mention that I'm CD31 and according to FF 14DPO and my temps are still high...so that's a good sign!

Hi ladies!! How is everyone doing?? Just thought we should get some updates on here!

AFM - I got my blood drawn yesterday for my first beta test, and go back tomorrow morning to see if it has increased/doubled. I don't know what the first level was since I did it on a Saturday and they are closed today...Darn!! I guess I will get both levels at once from my doctor.

On the plus side I took a test at 14DPO and got a dark line and then again today at 16 DPO and got an even darker and thicker line (right after I drank a bottle of water)...so I think that's a good thing!! I'll keep you all posted when I get my levels back.

We haven't told any of our family yet. I have told a couple people at work, but I really don't want my family to get their hopes up and have something happen. My husband's grandma is going through chemo right now so I really really don't want to get his mother really excited then have her have to deal with that disappointment if something happens. After I get my levels from my doctor they are going to make an appointment for me, but I don't know when that will be yet (probably 8-10 weeks). We decided we won't tell them until we see cardiac activity. The waiting is hard...but it's also kind of nice to share this wonderful secret with each other!!

Well I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast