Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Hi Guys

Stejen - Im just sooo happy for you & just wanted to say don't dread that feeling that your period is going to start because that's exactly how it feels in the early stages of pregnancy! I had the pains in my lower stomach & pains in my lower back etc exactly like I always did when I got my period & I assumed that's what was happening but no it was pregnancy itself, apparently most woman feel the same symptoms of a period at the time when their period would normally come, so you may feel it at 8 weeks & 12 weeks etc. Try & enjoy that feeling, I know it's hard not to worry as I also did but it will be better for your's & bubs health if you are relaxed. Definately push for an early ultrasound if you are feeling anxious, it will be an internal one but it's no worse than a pap smear & it will put your mind at ease once you hear the heart rate, which you can do from 6 weeks onwards usually, although it won't look like a baby at that stage but it's worth it.

Nicole - What day are you on at the moment & what dose of clomid are you on this round? Getting away is a great idea, it's nice to have some time alone & also to have something to distract you thinking about it all, I did the same thing with my hubby & got pregnant that same round & believe that happened because I was so relaxed & also id been doing accupuncture & naturopathy too which I think was fabulous. To answer your question my belly certainly is getting large, I feel HUGE at the moment & I swear im bigger than most but I probably look worse as im only 5 foot 2 inches & was 55 kgs before, hehe. Keep us up to date on how you are going & good luck!

Bec - Fingers crossed with the clomid, it's great that you seem to be feeling ok on it this round. I found that the higher the dose the less side effects I got so hopefully the same happens for you. What else is news?

nicole85 Guest

[QUOTE=Kell77;1821913]Hi Guys

Nicole - What day are you on at the moment & what dose of clomid are you on this round? Getting away is a great idea, it's nice to have some time alone & also to have something to distract you thinking about it all, I did the same thing with my hubby & got pregnant that same round & believe that happened because I was so relaxed & also id been doing accupuncture & naturopathy too which I think was fabulous. To answer your question my belly certainly is getting large, I feel HUGE at the moment & I swear im bigger than most but I probably look worse as im only 5 foot 2 inches & was 55 kgs before, hehe. Keep us up to date on how you are going & good luck!

Hey Kell,

Well my weekend away for my birthday was nice however i wasnt feeling the best so it was hard to enjoy it that much . My dr has me on 150mg this round and i am not sure what day i am on i took my first tab 2 weeks ago so i guess i should be "o" now (if it worked). I have been having alot of pain on my ovary area over the past few days i am hoping i am not getting more cysts i am going to make a appt with my dr first thing tomorrow something isnt right. Wish me luck i will keep you all informed

All the best to you all.

oxoxo nic

Kel - Thanks for the input!! That was good to hear, and luckily the cramps/af pains have subsided. So far I have just been extremely tired and hungry!! I should get my two beta levels tomorrow.

Nicole - Let us know when you hear!! You are definitely in my prayers!

Nicole - I hope you are feeling a little better than yesterday? Are you sure that your pain around your ovary area isn't ovulation pain, because I know a few of my friends suffer from that & sometimes our ovaries are ultra stimulated from the clomid especially a larger dose like 150mg so it may be exagerating the pain if it's around you ovulation time? Fingers crossed that's what it is. Did you manage to get into your doctors today & if so please let us know how you went, sending you out a big hug .

Stejen - Ooh yes the hunger, that one I do certainly know about hehe. I remember being starving constantly in the first trimester & im usually a light eater & you couldn't fill me up! Unfortunately that doesn't really subside at all except you will find that as your tummy grows you won't be able to fit as much in due to bub squashing your stomach, well not without feeling revolting afterwards anyway, not that it seems to stop me haha. I think the tiredness is the one thing I found the hardest to deal with, there will be times when you feel like you could crawl under the desk & go to sleep & just walking up stairs will make you out of breath but it's all worth it! I just hope that you don't get morning sickness like I didn't. Let me know how the results come back but id say it's a definate?

hi girls!
    Stejan- great to hear your HCG levels look like they are on the up! That's awesome. Just sit back and relax, all will be fine. good luck with your test results.

Nic- sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Do you think you've been putting too much pressure on yourself? I get so down during my cycle thinking "I'm never going to get UTD...", and it makes me feel horrible. I had aweful pain when I ovulated last month, and it lasted for days. It might be that, but it's well worth getting checked if you are worried. Hope it all goes well.

kel- you're well and truly over the middle weeks and on the home stretch. I'll bet you can't wait to meet your bubs!

AFM- I'm CD 12 today and I have my scan to check for follies on Friday morning, so fingers crossed the clomid has worked this round! I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I think I caught a cold from my 2 year old (little devil coughed in my face yesterday...). I am being as optimistic as I can, but after last month, I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive. I'm also flat out with reports (I'm a Prep teacher), but at least it keeps my mind off things. I'll let you know how I go Friday, but have a good weekend if I don;t write till then.

Talk soon,
    bec
    P.S. I just found out my step sister is taking clomid too (TTC #2 also) and we are cycling on the same day! Cool, hey?

Nicole - How are things going with you? Are you feeling any better?

Bec - Good luck with your scan...let us know how it goes!!

Kel - I too am hoping that I don't have the morning sickness!! So far so good, but it's still a bit early (I'm five weeks tomorrow!)

AFM - I just got my beta levels back - 1st one was 261 and 48 hours later it was 655 so it doubled and then some!! Things are looking good so far...no spotting or bleeding, and no more cramps. I have an ultrasound scheduled for June 24th and I absolutely cannot wait! I will be 8 weeks then!

nicole85 Guest

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all ur support But i am not feeling much better. I have had all week off work this week (only work part time). Yeah i went to the dr on tuesday but i saw a different dr my dr was on holidays, he was useless felt like a piece of **** he gave me a referral to get an ultra sound but i couldn't get in unlit the 9th june i was so upset very emotional actually. So mum and i went up to emergency on wednesday we were there aaaallllllll day but i got a scan in the end and its weird i had a 2cm cyst on my left and a 2.5cm cyst on my right the dr said that is quiet normal for any women to have. I told him i finished taking the clomid about a week and a half ago and he laughed and said well there is your answer hrrrmmmm didnt make me feel any better It just keeps getting weirder i was still quiet saw on wednesday night and i woke up on thursday with no pain at all. I am hoping this is a good sign that i "o" but to tell u the truth i have been feeling pritty down the past few days (not really in the mood if u know what i mean). I have a bit of a niggle on my right side tonight but nothing to bad. I dont know what all the signs of "o" (i hv given up looking for them) but i have had the sorest nipples sorry but i just have no idea what is going on (they feel brused). Well thats all thats been happening with me..... All abit confussing i know

If anyone has any words of wisdom please let me know caus i am at a loss right now

oxox nic oxox

Nic, you poor thing! There is nothing worse than knowing something is wrong and having noone listen to you, especially a doctor. I hope you did 'o' and all will be well. I always get really sore BB's when I o.

Stejan, hope you're well and can't wait to hear how that scan goes!

Kell, hope you're well too and you aren't feeling too tired!

AFM- I had my scan on Friday and no mature follies, only small ones. That was CD15, so maybe the clomid hasn't worked this month. Is it possible for 50mg to work last month and not this month? I don;t know. I have another scan on Tuesday CD19, which seems too late for follies to develop. I plan to have next month of if this month didn;t get a BFP, but if I don;t ovulate, maybe I'll give it a go.

Stay well,
    Bec

nicole85 Guest

Hi Guys

Well feeling alittle better today pain pritty much gone just feel alittle off it you know what i mean. I been feeling abit up and down with my emotions very snappy (i try to stop myself from snapping at my DH poor thing). I still have very sore BB's kinda annoying but i guess its agood thing i am hoping something wonderful is happening ("O") but i am trying not to think to much into it i go for my follow up scan and my 'O' blood test on tuesday so fingers crossed .

I hope all is well . i will keep u all informed

oxoxox nic oxoxox

Bec - I have heard of some people having clomid work one month, but not the next. Maybe it might be a good idea to go ahead and get your dosage increased from 50mg...Especially considering that is the smallest dose. Maybe that would help!

Nicole - Very glad to hear you are feeling better! I think the sore bbs could definitely be a sign of "O". My first month on Clomid I know mine were sooooo sore. More sore then they had ever been before and I really thought I was pregnant because they had never been so sore. Then AF came so I guess that pain was just because I did "O". I remember it lasted almost 2 weeks!!

AFM - Things are still going well. I actually got my scan moved up to June 16th because I want to be able to tell my family on Father's Day, but I don't want to tell them before I have a scan. I have been feeling well though, just tired and hungry still. Also my BBs are so extremely sore. I thought the 1st time I took clomid they were the most sore they have ever been, but now they hurt really bad. I have actually had to start sleeping in a sports bra because the pain has been waking me up at night. They are also getting much bigger which I am sure is part of the pain!! It's definitely worth it though...I just think it is amazing that I am already feeling so many changes in my body this early in the pregnancy!

nicole85 Guest

Default Omg omg omg

HI GUYS

Well OMG i went to the DRS yesterday and the first thing he said to me was are u pregnant. I was like i have know idea that is why i am here lol I asked why he said that and he told me that my levels were VERY high (cant remember what the hormones are called) but the first one last month was 4 and this month is was 71 and the other last month was 170 and this month it is 1500. He said your eitther UTD of u have "o" 2 eggs either was its so exciting. Although i am trying not to get to excited but i just cant help it . I am due for AF on sunday so my fingers are crossed i dont get it lol .My hubby is so excited too he wants me to POAS tomorrow lol which i still might do lol. I will be sure to keep u informed.

How is everyone going the month anyway ???

oxoxox nic oxoox

Nicole - YAYYYYYYYY!!! That is really exciting. I think you should POAS tomorrow...if your levels are that high then it should be a positive result. If you do though, just be prepared that it might still be too early; however, like I said, if you levels are that high then I would think you'd get a good result!! I got my faint BFP on 10DPO so it isn't out of the question!! Let us know!!! I can't wait to hear!!!!

nicole85 Guest

Default Omg omg omg omg

Well Guys

I POAS this morning and yep u guessed it the was i faint line , not a are my eyes playing tricks on me line cause it was darkish and i showed my hubby and my sister . I am so excited i am going to do another test in a few days to see if it gets darker. I can hardly believe it hey i dont know what to think or what to do aaaahhhhhhh. I will let u know how i go POAS in a few days lol

Hey Guys

Nicole - OMG OMG, im sooooo excited for you! So did you do another test yesterday as that was the day you were due for AF wasn't it, you must tell us asap as that is extremely exciting news? Your husband sounds really cute, the experience is so much nicer when they also get really excited. Hope everything went well with the testing then, hopefully we hear from you soon?

Stejen - How are you feeling, is everything progressing nicely so far? I hope you aren't suffering from morning sickness. Your scan is tomorrow isn't it, I bet you are really excited & you should be as it's an incredible feeling seeing your baby on the screen, although also very surreal so enjoy & let us know how it goes?

Bec - How is everything doing with you? Have you found out yet whether you "O" or not this month because I know you were asking if the clomid could work one month & then not the next? Have you talked to your doctor about increasing the dose for your next round? Well I hope you are well & good luck.

As for me, all is going well so far, I had my 20 week scan a few weeks ago & everything looks normal from what they can see on the ultrasound & peanut's growth has been really good. It was really nice to see bub though again after so long & it's really cute at this stage. Im now 23.5 weeks along & getting heaps of kicks & movement which is the best part, can't wait until you guys all get to feel it too!

nicole85 Guest

[QUOTE=Kell77;1840571]Hey Guys

Nicole - OMG OMG, im sooooo excited for you! So did you do another test yesterday as that was the day you were due for AF wasn't it, you must tell us asap as that is extremely exciting news? Your husband sounds really cute, the experience is so much nicer when they also get really excited. Hope everything went well with the testing then, hopefully we hear from you soon?

Hey Guys

Well yes I did a test yesterday at lunch and the line was darker then the day B4 , and i couldnt help my self i did another one this morning and WOW it was very dark lol its amazing the darkness of the line in just a few days We are so excited. I made an appt for friday to see my Dr i really want him to confirm my results ....I will be sure to keep u informed

oxoxo NICOLE ooxoxoxo

Nicole - That is awesome...and don't worry, I POAS like 14 times after I got the first BFP...I just kept wanting to make sure it was still there!! Once I got my blood results back I quit testing.

Kel - I'm glad your scan went well. I'm sure it's really exciting to be that far along and feel the baby! Right now I actually sometimes forget about it, then all of the sudden it hits me that I am pregnant. Soon enough I will have a belly that will remind me everyday!!

Bec - How are things with you??

AFM - I go for my scan tomorrow, and I cannot wait. If everything is normal we are planning on telling our families this weekend! That will be very exciting, and such a relief! Also, I have been feeling pretty terrible. I hit the six week mark and have felt sick ever since....definitely not fun, and I think the weight I have gained with my increased appetite since I got pregnant will now disappear. I am having to force myself to eat meals as nothing sounds good, and I always feel nauseous...I thought I was gonna be one of the lucky ones without the morning sickness, but no such luck!! It's definitely worth it though!

Stejen - Well I hope that your morning sickness clears up soon but you are right it's definately worth it! Believe me you will have the belly sooner rather than later & then you might be wishing you were smaller again hehe, mine feels huge & it's certainlt taking some getting used to but im sure ill miss it when it's gone. How did your scan go, how exciting is it?

Nicole - It certainly sounds like it's a definate for you guys, that is just sooo exciting & im really happy for you, good luck with the blood test Friday although I don't think you need it

Hi girls,
    Sorry, sorry, I've been flat out writing school reports!
    Goodness now I'm the only one NOT pregnant...

Nic- THAT IT GREAT! I can't wait to hear how everything goes. It was funny...I was just reading through all of your posts and I thought "I wonder if she's already pregnant?" The snappiness, moodiness. Woohoo!

Stejan- I'm wrapped everything is still going well. Let us know how your scan goes tomorrow.

Kell- How exciting is the 20 week scan? I'm so glad everything went well.

AFM- Well! On Friday I had yet another scan and a blood test and, as I knew it would, there was still no follies so the clomid hadn't worked. The doc then said to take 100mg from that day...don't wait for period cause it probably wont come naturally anyway. So I've now taken another 5 days of clomid 100mg on each day. I have a scan Friday to see if it worked. I really hope it does, I want to be UTD like you guys! Trying to keep positive, and I'm pumped becasue of all of your good news!

Talk soon,
    Bec

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast