Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Hi Bec

Im really sorry about the clomid not working this round, but I think it's a really good thing that your doctor has finally upped your dose because that can make a massive difference & take heart that the clomid didn't even make me ovulate until I was on 175mg & then I got pregnant that cycle so there is certainly still lots of chances for you. Has your doctor ever prescribed something like provera in order to bring your period on, it might be worth mentioning because once I took that & got my period & then started the clomid I think it made a big difference as compared to starting the clomid without a period? How are you feeling though, any side effects from the higher dose? Keep your chin up & stay positive & im certain it will all work out for you, giving you a big hug. Hope it all goes well on Friday & please let us know how it goes, we'll be thinking of you.

nicole85 Guest

Hello

Well had my appt today and i did another Wee test at the Drs and he was very happy with that (i also told him i did four tests of my own) he said i am probly about 4 and half weeks. I had all my bloods done and i go for my EDD scan on the 8th of july cant wait for that lol.

So far i havent had any morning sickness just really really saw BBs and really tired. I will keep u updated on my progress lol JUST CANT BELIEVE IT lol

nicole85 Guest

Hello

Well had my appt today and i did another Wee test at the Drs and he was very happy with that (i also told him i did four tests of my own) he said i am probly about 4 and half weeks. I had all my bloods done and i go for my EDD scan on the 8th of july cant wait for that lol.

So far i havent had any morning sickness just really really saw BBs and really tired. I will keep u updated on my progress lol JUST CANT BELIEVE IT lol

Bec i am sure it will happen for u soon

xoxoxo nic xoxoxo

Hi all you preggy ladies!

Just a quick note, I had a scan today and I have a 9-10mm follie! Yeah! I have another scan Tuesday and they said by then they should be able to induce ovulation if that hasn't happened yet. I'm feel positive this month...but not too much, just not feeling down.
    I'm glad all of you are doing well, and progressing as you should. Kell- I have got primolut which is like provera, but he said don't waste the good lining I have, which I didn't have last time when I m/c.
    Anyway, have a good weekend everyone.
    Bec
    p.s. stejan- how did the scan go?

Bec - That's great that there is a follie!! Definitely a step in the right direction!!

Nic - I know what you mean about the sore bbs!! Seriously...I have been sleeping in a bra! I'm also still so tired, and unfortunately I started having some mild morning sickness about a week ago...and still feeling the same everyday....

Kel - Hope all is well with you!

AFM - My scan went well. They took measurements and I wasn't quite as far along as I thought (only about 5 days difference which just means I o'd later then I thought!) But everything looks good so far! I was only 6 weeks so they couldn't hear the heartbeat yet, but she said she saw the flicker, and I go back on Monday for another scan to make sure they are dating it correctly. Looks like I'm due Feb. 8!! Very excited! And now that I had a scan I know everything looks good so far and everything is where it should be we are going to tell my family this weekend!!

Smile

Hey there, I'm new to all this but I have concieved naturally before but having trouble now, I have pco and on clomid second dose of 100mg, I'm yet to start the 100mg but just wondering how long does it take to fall pregnant and I heard the risk of having a boy is higher not that i mind I just wanting to know some more answers about clomid

Mandi - Welcome to the thread...it definitely depends on the person as to how long it takes to become pregnant with clomid. I'm sure you have seen the statistics that most women do within six months of using clomid. I myself fell pregnant on my second cycle with clomid at 150mg, but I don't have any other issues. I was just using it to get ovulation going because I was on the pill for so long, so maybe that has something to do with why it worked for me so quickly. I also ovulated on my very first cycle with it. I really think everyone is different though.

AFM - I had another scan yesterday because they wanted to be sure they are dating things correctly. I am seven weeks and am due on Feb. 8!! We also got to see AND hear the heartbeat!!!! I couldn't believe we got to hear it so early on, but it was definitely there at 133 beats per minute. Very cool...and such a relief. Now I am on a schedule of having a scan every four weeks. So far so good. No spotting, but I have been feeling terrible. I can't wait to be finished with the first trimester so I am officially in the "safe zone", but also so this constant feeling of sickness will go away!!!

thanks for your reply but i suppose i need to wait and see, will elt you know if i have any side effects.

Hi Guys

Mandi - Welcome to our thread. Im not sure what the actual statistics are with falling pregnant on clomid but I can tell you that a lot of people I know have success stories so the odds are pretty good. I have severe pcos & was trying to conceive naturally for 18 months before realising I wasn't ovulating at all so I was put on clomid starting at 50mg. Mine took 4 cycles to even induce ovulation but on that cycle I got pregnant which was lucky, but that was on 175mg of clomid. There is quite a few ladies on this thread who have fallen pregnant in the first few rounds on clomid so hopefully you have the same success . I've never heard about clomid producing more boys before, that's interesting, maybe we'll have to check that when all the preggie ladies on this thread have their bubs!

Stejen - How exciting is the scan, even when they don't look like a baby it's facinating, I loved seeing that flashing on the screen which is their heartbeat & hearing it, it's really comforting isn't it? How come you have to have a scan every 4 weeks? Hopefully your morning sickness gets better & not worse, hope all is going well & keep us up to date on all your exciting news!

Bec - Soooo??? Any news, i've been waiting to hear from you about your folie & whether they were able to induce ovulation when you went on Tuesday? Is that what is happening most times, is that you are producing eggs but your body isn't dropping them because I had a friend who had that & they gave her injections to force the body to drop the egg & she was pregnant in 2 months? I really have everything crossed for you, you deserve a break & hopefully this is it!

Nicole - How is everything going with you & the little peanut, any exciting news or developments? So is the scan coming up on the 8th July to date the bub & make sure all is good with the heartbeat etc? How are you feeling, have you told everyone yet?

All is pretty good with me so far, im starting to get quite uncomfortable though as the back is aching & my sleep is interupted etc etc, you know the deal! Im growing overnight too which is kind of incredible & I worry about just how much bigger I can get hehe. Got my gestational diabetes test coming up in about 9 days so hopefully that's all clear & I see the obstetrician again for an appointment in that same week, im 25 weeks tomorrow!

nicole85 Guest

Hello People,

Stejen - Wow how exciting to be able to heat that lil heart beat I so cant wait to hear and see mine

Mandi - Welcome hun, Long story short my hubby and i have been trying for 18ths but only been on clomid a few months and fell pregnant on second round but i did increase the dosage on my own dr told me to take 100mg but i increased to 150mg. So it really does happen hun just gotta stay positive

AFM - Everything is going well feeling bloated and alittle grumpy (poor hubby). I am just hanging for my scan just want to see everything is ok I will be sure to let u know how things go ...... I keep thinking there is 2 in there lol

oxoxox nicole xoxoxoo

Hi girls,
    Sorry I've been out of touch, on the way home from the docs on Tue my car engine blew up! Just what I needed...

Anyway,

Welcome Mandy! I hope all goes well for you on clomid. This is my second time on clomid, the first resulting in my son (he's almost 3) after 6 rounds across 9 months. This time I actually got pregnant first round (50mg) but had an early miscarraige. I'm now on 100mg and hoping for the best! The higher results for a boy are becasue we are generally instructed to have sex as close to ovulation as possible which increases the likelyhood of a boy. We are trying for a girl this time, so trying to time DTD for about 2 days before ovulation.

Stejen- how exciting is hearing the heartbeat?! It never gets less exciting. I'm glad you're going well. Like Kell asked, how come you are having scans every 4 weeks? Jst to check?

Nic- I'm sure you can't wait for the next scan! Good luck and keep us posted.

Kell- My cousin had real trouble with her back when I was pregnant, and she did some physio and wore a band thing under her tummy and around her back to support her back. She said it was a godsend. I bought one of those long pillows and that helped me. Hope you feel better soon.

AFM- Tuesday didn't quite go according to plan. The scan showed that the follie hadn't grown enough to induce ovulation so I have to go again on Monday. I am flying to Queensland on Monday morning (yah for holidays!!!), so I hope the shot doesn;t make me as sore as last time. Oh well. I am looking forward to just relaxing with hubby and DS for a couple of weeks, forgetting about the car (I hate cars...) and hopefully forgetting that I will be on the TTW! We'll see though. I may not be able to post anything while I'm away, so GOOD LUCK and HEALTH to you all, I look forward to hearing all about how you're all going when I get back.

SOrry for the impossibly long post,

Bec

nicole85- thanks for your advice was it safe for you to up your clomid by yourself? i will try the 100mg this month but I just wondering how much longer it will take. We been trying on the clomid now for 3 months just I think it's never goiung to work

nicole85 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mandii03 View Post
    nicole85- thanks for your advice was it safe for you to up your clomid by yourself? i will try the 100mg this month but I just wondering how much longer it will take. We been trying on the clomid now for 3 months just I think it's never goiung to work

Hey hun,

I figure that the dr would have put it up anyway to 150mg. My hubby and i really wanted a baby and have been trying for 18 mths so we both desided to just up it on our own. The maximum amount the dr would have let me take would have been 200mg (4 tablets / four months) so it is safe but if ur not to sure then dont do it or speak to ur dr but hey it worked for us so our instinct was right .

oxoxo nic oxoxo

Hi girls!
    I guess most of you have probably moved onto pregnancy groups...Hi from sunny queensland! I'm enjoying a quite restful TWW on hols with the fam, so hopefully thats a good thing. I ended up having the shot again (Kell, I asked for it in the end on your advice about your friend) so this is the second month I've needed it. Fingers crossed!
    I hope you are all well, and scans/ appointments/ baby bumps are going as planned.
    Talk soon,
    Bec

Default still going

Hi everyone, just letting you know im up to day 14 so who knows if im ovulating not seen anything yet but fingers crossed soemthing happens soon. I took the 100mg and had some side effects such as hot flushes and really tired?????? Anyway I keep you guys posted on developments

Good luck Mandii! I'm currently 10DPO, so I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the dreaded period arrives next week as scheduled...
    Stay positive!
    Bec

becnxavi- hey thanks for your positive wishes well yeah i'm due in two weeks so we will wait and see what happens but its so emotional and draining I can't believe this roller coaster ride I want it to stop! Well hopefully fingers crossed it will this month I keep you informed oh and good luck

nicole85 Guest

Hey Guys

Just thought i would update you on what is been going on. Well i had my EDD scan on wednesday and it was the most amazing thing i have ever seen.It was so cute our little miracle looked like a little peanut lol had a very stong heartbeat and my due date is 22nd of feb so its all very exciting My 12 week scan is on the 12th of aug

I hope all is going well for everyone else my love and hugs to all

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast