Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Default Christine_1987

Hi.

Im knew to this but here we go.
    Only yesterday I was told to start Clomid by my gyno and start them whenever I wanted because I havent had a period for about 10 months and my fiance and I want to have children. He has diagnosed me with polycystic ovaries.

How many cycles has anyone needed to use Clomid for before falling pregnant??
    I have alwasy wanted children and cant believe that I need help to do so. Its a little depressing for me. My mum has had 4 children and when I found out about having cysts on my ovaries she said that she does, but she hasnt had any problems.

Its all a little confusing and daunting as to what will follow.

Christine

Default I know what you are going through!

I am feeling exactly the same way, I was told by my gynae a few months ago that I had polycystic ovaries too. It had been about 4 months since my last period so my doctor prescribed provera to bring one on & I then started clomid on the 2nd day. I just finished taking those last week & am now waiting anxiously until I have my blood test on the 21st day of my cycle to see if it has made me ovulate. I too have a few friends who have the same thing & haven't had an issue, not that it makes you feel any better to hear that does it? I do have a very good friend though that tried for 3 years to get pregnant with no luck & she hadn't had a period for 12 months so they put her on clomid too. After 1 unsucessfull cycle they doubled the dose & she was pregnant by the 3rd month, so im trying to keep this is my mind so hopefully that also makes you feel a little better too???

Thanks Kell,
    It's reassuring to know that it is working for other couples. Im kinda afriad that its just me... that im not going to be able to, ever. I know that ia probably far fetched but its still going through my head at a rapid rate.
    I hope it works out for you sooner rather then later.

Default At least im not the only one...

Thanks Kell,
    It's reassuring to know that it is working for other couples. Im kinda afriad that its just me... that im not going to be able to, ever. I know that ia probably far fetched but its still going through my head at a rapid rate.

I hope it works out for you sooner rather then later.

Default Took the words right out of my mouth!

It's really hard not to get dejected isn't it, I feel exactly the same way & I think it's harder when everyone else seems to be having babies all around you as well! I do tend to always see the worst outcome rather than the positive so I really need to try & change that as im sure it doesn't help the situation. I must say even joining this forum & hearing your story Christine definately helps as you really realise it's not just yourself going through this issue & it's really nice to talk to someone who actually understands how you feel. Have you tried any alternative therapies at all, I have heard really great things about Chinese medicine & accupuncture to help get pregnant & also I have a friend that wasn't getting periods or ovulating & she wanted to get pregnant so she went to a Natropath & they got her cycle back on track within 2 months & she j\was pregnant a month after that!

You are completely right about the hard part of everyone else around us having babies. I know a girl who has just turned 15 fall pregnant with her boyfriend of 3 or 4 months. When he dad told me I just burst out laughing. He said that it isnt funny and got a bit upset with me. If i didnt laugh i was going to cry. I know a few people at the moment that are pregnant or trying who really arent in the position to. Good luck to them i guess.

No, I havent tried any other alternative therapies. This is the first thing on my list. I have recently just gotten engaged and I am planning the wedding of a lifetime but if I want to have children I cant really wait. The doctor said that I have mild polocystic ovaries but doesnt know if it will worsen or not down the track. My fiance and I have decided that if I fall pregnant in the next 3 or so months we will put the wedding back from November next yr until may or something. Technicalities havent really been discussed. We want children and doent want to risk further complications.

Where Im from there isnt really much on the alternative treatments. As it was I has to travel 2.5 hours to see the gyno because he only come here once a month and he is always full. Fingers crossed that this works.

Well being that far away doesn't help does it? Are you sure stress isn't playing a part in making things worse for you, I think sometimes that's half my problem is that I think about it constantly & it starts to consume me which can't be healthy & probably hinders me further. Maybe the wedding & all the planning etc on top of the worrying your doing about getting pregnant is all a bit much for you? As soon as I was told about the issue, so many people said to me "oh my friend has that, or my Sister has that" & most of them didn't find out about it until after their first child, so getting pregnant is certainly a big possibility for you! Maybe we need to chill out a bit more & start thinking positive as that's when things seem to start happening for people is when they forget about it?

Default Absolutely no more stressing

Okay from now on we need to try and stop stressing as much. Im hoping that thats it - stress. I was working in a stressful job but I left so now hopefully everything sorts it out.
    I was cleaning up the study at home and all i could think about was turning it into the baby's room. But I think you are right we need to stop thinking about it and i know that i need to stop with the stressing.
    Everything happens for a reason i guess

Default Sounds like a plan!

That's the attitude we need to adopt I think as you always hear of good things happening to people when they finally let go of the stress & the anger. Maybe you guys should just throw yourselves into the wedding plans & have fun as it the best time in your life & im sure you'll fall pregnant when you least suspect it! Im going to take some of my own advice & just try & chill out a bit, at least until I have my blood test next week that will tell me if the clomid is working.

Happy Planning

Quote Originally Posted by christine_1987 View Post
    Hi.

Im knew to this but here we go.
    Only yesterday I was told to start Clomid by my gyno and start them whenever I wanted because I havent had a period for about 10 months and my fiance and I want to have children. He has diagnosed me with polycystic ovaries.

How many cycles has anyone needed to use Clomid for before falling pregnant??
    I have alwasy wanted children and cant believe that I need help to do so. Its a little depressing for me. My mum has had 4 children and when I found out about having cysts on my ovaries she said that she does, but she hasnt had any problems.

Its all a little confusing and daunting as to what will follow.

Christine
    I also have PCOS and was TTC for 2 years. Just one cycle of clomid did it for me and now i have a beautiful baby girl! I was taking clomid from day 5-9.

Default Feeling Inspired!

You have no idea how encouraging it is to hear that Hollye, im sure Christine agrees that it makes you feel a lot better about your own situation when you know the medication has worked for others. Congratulations on your beautifull baby girl!

Default A vote of confidence!!!

From what you said before, it makes me worry a little less. FANTASTIC

Im feeling so sick at the moment. Hopefully its worth while. I would hate to think im going to be like this for a few months until I fall pregnant.

Yes I hear you! I actually felt worse on the few days after taking the clomid than I did whilst taking it, but it's all worth it isn't it if we get the outcome we both want? Are you on 50mg of clomid or 100mg a day? I hope you feel better.

oh man i hear ya! i felt horrid on clomid. Hot sweats and the works. But as Kel said its all worth it in the end.

So you also had hot sweats & flushes, I think that's what im finding the hardest to deal with but it's worse since I finished the first lot of clomid! Can I ask how much clomid you were on also Hollye when you fell pregnant with Mia? She's absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Im on 50mg a day at the moment but if I have no success i will have to up the dose next time. Im feeling better today but im so hot today. I've been sweating and feeling aweful like that.

Is the first lot of Clomid the worst ir does it only get worse?!?!?!?!

i was only 50mg i think and i fell pregnant the first month of taking it but i was on something (dont knw the name) before that to bring on a period and clean everything out so when i did fall pregnant it gave the egg and that a better chance to stick. I was taking clomid on day 5,6,7,8 and 9.

I dont think the syptoms would get worse. I was told to give a minimum of 3 months to fall pregnant on clomid and a max of around 9 months. HTH

Default ?????

I can't answer that one im afraid as this is my first month on clomid too so we are at the same stage! Im also on 50mg a day & as you said mine will also go up next month to 100mg if it doesn't work. Im due for my blood test next Thursday so ill definately let you know how I go, are you still actually taking the first course of clomid as we speak? My friend took it & it didn't work the first month so they put her on 100mg & she said the symptoms were no worse so fingers crossed, although it didn't work the second month either but it did work in her third month & she got pregnant in that month also. That's the friend that tried for 3 years to have a baby & no period for over 12 months before she used clomid & now Ella is almost 18 months old & she's pregnant again with her second child due in March so there is certainly hope for us yet. My symptoms haven't been too severe, it's the hot flushes etc though that im struggling with mostly.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast