Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Kell
    the waiting is the hardest thing to go through its like life is teaching us to have patients, and sometimes the days feels like its going so slow but then other days feels like they are going really quick which is always a good thing. I hope the 12 week ultrasound goes well for you, just think soon enough you will be hearing that little heartbeat.
    Thats fantastic that your not getting morning sickness or anything like that, thats the only part of the pregnancy i am not looking forward to is the sickness.but i have done some research and found there are some natural remedies for that.
    Thanks mate we are just waiting to see what comes of the 20th as i said to my husband if its not this month we will keep going i am not giving up.... i will definately let you know how i go though.
    Yes definately keep me posted on how you go, by the way did you ever end up mentioning anything to your doctor about the day they asked you to start taking clomid because I know you were confused as to why they told you to start after your period finished? How is your husband feeling about the whole situation? Are you having any issues with side effects from the clomid?

Quote Originally Posted by nicole85 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thank you so much for your support. A bit of news today i ended up at the hospital today with this stupid pain again, ended upi getting an ultrasound and it showed a big cyst on my left overy about 5cm. **** i know now i have to wait another 2 weeks to have another scan and if all is well then my dr will start me on clomid. Dam it i just want to hurry up and start it . My fingers are crossed also. Thank you all so much for lending an ear its so good to chat to ppl that are having the same issues as me. good luck to all of you too. mwa mwa mwa oxoxox nic xoxoxo
    That's so horrible you poor thing, I hope you are feeling a little better? I so understand what you mean about the whole waiting process, sometimes it feels like all we do is wait, whether it's waiting for the next test, the next result or the next appointment etc so I can only imagine what you are going through. I am glad though that you are feeling a little better being able to talk to others going through the same things, I can't tell you how much it helped me throughout the long period of trying to concieve. We will definately all keep our fingers & toes crossed for you & please let us know how you go?

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for your support. A bit of news today i ended up at the hospital today with this stupid pain again, ended upi getting an ultrasound and it showed a big cyst on my left overy about 5cm. **** i know now i have to wait another 2 weeks to have another scan and if all is well then my dr will start me on clomid. Dam it i just want to hurry up and start it . My fingers are crossed also. Thank you all so much for lending an ear its so good to chat to ppl that are having the same issues as me. good luck to all of you too. mwa mwa mwa oxoxox nic xoxoxo
    That's so horrible you poor thing, I hope you are feeling a little better? I so understand what you mean about the whole waiting process, sometimes it feels like all we do is wait, whether it's waiting for the next test, the next result or the next appointment etc so I can only imagine what you are going through. I am glad though that you are feeling a little better being able to talk to others going through the same things, I can't tell you how much it helped me throughout the long period of trying to concieve. We will definately all keep our fingers & toes crossed for you & please let us know how you go?

Hey guys,

You poor thing Nicole, I hope you are feeling a little better? I know what you mean about the whole waiting thing, I swear sometimes it feels like that's all we do is wait, whether that's for tests or results or appointments etc & it can be very frustrating so I really feel for you & we will keep our fingers & toes crossed for you! I am glad that talking to all of us gives you a little bit of relief, I can't tell you how much it helped me while I was going through the long process of trying to concieve, sometimes others in our lives don't totally understand what we are going through as they haven't been in this situation so it's always nice to hear from people with the same issues. Good luck Nicole, im sure everything will work out for you & remember that positive thoughts bring positive energy.

coops Guest

Kell77
    Yes definately keep me posted on how you go, by the way did you ever end up mentioning anything to your doctor about the day they asked you to start taking clomid because I know you were confused as to why they told you to start after your period finished? How is your husband feeling about the whole situation? Are you having any issues with side effects from the clomid?

I havent had a chance to get down to the doc as yet to have a chat with him about the days i should be taking them when he 1st perscribed me the Clomid he said the 1st day my period stops. I am getting really anxious about it
    My husband is going through the same thoughts as to why it hasnt happened yet.... what makes a difference is that he works arvo shift and i work days so the time factor is a bit of a problem. but we are trying to work through that part
    The only side effect i am having from it is a bit of bloating but other than that anything else i am sleeping through it.
    Did you have side effects from taking it?

Hey Coops

You poor thing, I hate feeling anxious like that. Can you maybe give your doctor a call & leave a message with the receptionist & just tell them you are really anxious about it & could he call you back asap, that's what id do because I don't think I could stand the wait, but then im rather impatient too! Maybe you should have a look on the internet to find some info regarding clomid & how it's usually taken & if you still feel really uncomfortable about when you were told to take it & they don't give you a good reason for why they recommended that then id change days. My doctor said that most doctors tell patients to start on either day 2 of your period for 5 days or day 5 of your period for 5 days, so it's definately a valid question you are asking? Maybe check the info in the clomid pack because your chemist should probably print you out some information when getting it because of what it is & that may say what days? How are you coping with your husband on the arvo shift, not only is that difficult for you to find time to try for a baby but also it must be difficult being on your own a lot because we tend to stew on these types of things when we can't talk to our partners so that must be hard for you guys? No I didn't have too many side effects either really, just bloating like you & also hot flushes & a bit of dizziness but it got better with each round of the clomid too which was great. Let me know how you go?

coops Guest

Hey Kell
    Yeah i am not the most patient person there is so all this waiting is killing me but i know it is going to be worth it in the end. well i am going to ring the chemist and see what he says and then i will ask the doc that way i will have 2 seperate opionons. I am so happy for you that things are going well for you though. It must be a great feeling being pregnant.
    I dont cope really well with hubby being on arvo shift and finding time to try for a bub is really putting a strain on my emotions but i get through it. I know that doing arvo shift is for our future but sometimes i really depise the arvo shift. but i have taken up a hobby to keep my mind off it and some thursday nights i go grocery shopping so spending money makes me feel a bit better

Oh dont ya just love those hot flushes???? especially when you are sitting there in a room with people and you need to go outside for some fresh air. and everybody cant feel the same as what you are feeling.I usually get weird looks when i am sitting outside in a sweat and everybody is sitting there with a jacket on. I didnt get the dizziness with it... i will keep you posted with everything though

You're right it definately is all worth it in the end, although at times the waiting can be agonising so you are doing the right thing by distracting yourself with a new hobby & of course the shopping always helps too,hehe! I think it's a great idea that you are going to ask your chemist about the clomid, at least that way you get another opinion, it can't hurt can it? My husband also used to do night shift & I feel for you because I must admit I hated it as well, when we first got together we were both doing shift work and that's fine but if only one is doing it then it's really difficult & it must be even harder for you guys as you are also trying for a bub. Could you guys maybe take a weekend off or a few days during the week & just get away somewhere & enjoy each others company & relax because you sound like you need a break? Yes I agree the hot flushes were the worst, I found it really strange because im always cold & suddenly I found myself in a hot sweat all the time but hopefully that eases up for you soon. Yes it's a great feeling knowing im pregnant but i really didn't think id be this nervous about it all, it's just always in the back of your mind what the risks are & I think I feel that worse because it's taken so long to get to this stage & I couldn't stand the thought of losing it now which is why I haven't really told anyone yet. I think ill wait until i've had the 12 week scan to make sure everything is ok, although that feels like it will never come! Im only 10 weeks on Sunday & my 12 week scan is booked for the 30th.

coops Guest

Kell
    Things go through my head wondering if its because of him doing shift work why its not working or we are not doing it enough i dont know today i am having one of those days where i am thinking too much. I am calling the chemist tonight and having a chat with them about the Clomid and when i should be taking it cause surely i am taking it wrong.
    Kell i would love to take a weekend away somewhere but so much is going on we usually go down to our caravan down the south coast every couple of months usually that helps me to relax cause there is no phones lol.
    How are things going for you? I hope all is well

Hey Coops

I know how you are feeling, I have those days all the time, actually these days I think I have more days like that than normal ones, especially if I have time on my hands! I think asking is a good thing, they may have a perfectly good reason as to why you are taking it on those days, for example if your period is only short & lasts 4 or so days then really you are taking it on day 5 which is the day a lot of doctors recommend taking it. I think the two days my doc said most will tell you to start on is day 2 of your period & day 5 of your period, even if your period stops at 4 days if you get what im trying to say? I think if you guys are trying every second day over the period that you would normally ovulate then you are doing the right thing, there's not much else you can do on your side really which is the frustrating part, it's really in the hands of the doctors & the medication, although doing something to help relieve your worry & stress will help a lot? I really am sure that everything will work out great for you guys & im sure you will be pregnant soon & this will all seem like a dream! Im doing ok, im feeling quite anxious now about my 12 week scan, I just really want to know that the baby is ok because I feel I need to know that before I tell anyone our news. I just had the maternal serum test on Monday which gets sent to The Childrens Hospital & they check if you have an increased risk of having a child with defects like Down Syndrome etc & they use that in conjunction with the ultrasound to work out if the chances are high for a healthy bub. Other than that not much news really, starting to get a tummy though! So the 20th is the date you are waiting on right, only 2 days now!

coops Guest

I will call them tonight and let you know for sure my periods only last 4 days day 2 being my worst day. its like that isnt when you have time on your hands so many things go through your mind and then you lose all track of what you were doing lol.
    You are right it is so frustrating knowing that the result of being pregnant is so near yet so far.
    When we first started trying i was soooo anxious and impatient for it to happen that every month i was disappointed to see the signs that i wasnt (if you know what i mean) then as the time has gone on i have settled down a bit more and i get disappointed but i dont beat myself up about it as much and realise that things will happen.Thanks mate i am sure everything will work out as well and i will be a bubbly mum soon.
    You must be bursting at the seams to tell everybody your good news, but its a good thing you are waiting until you have the all clear to tell everybody. oh how cute you are starting to get a little tummy oh my gosh that is so cute. are you going to take pics of your monthly change in your tummy?
    yep 2 days to go
    I am sure everything will come back as being healthy and all good for you and your husband

Next time you go to the chemist you should pick up an ovulation thermometer, they are only about $20 or less & you can take your temp orally each morning before you get out of bed & that way you will know straight away if you are ovulating or not, it's how I knew when my clomid had finally worked. Your temp should drop approx 0.2 degrees or slightly more on the day of ovulation & then it rises approx 0.40 degrees + the very next day. I found this great because im not really good on the whole patience thing, hehe & this way I didn't even need my blood results back as I just knew I had. I didn't think it would be something easy to detect when I first started taking my temp because it was always approx the same each day with no significant rises or drops & that was obviously because I wasn't ovulating at all, but when I did I definately could see the drop on the day & a significant rise & then of course it's stayed higher so I knew I was pregnant, it might be something to consider? I think that's the worst part of all of this is the fact that you try for the month & it's not successfull & then you have to wait another whole month to try again so i know how frustrated you must be you poor thing Can you believe I haven't even told my hubby yet, that sounds awfull doesn't it but I asked him quite a few times whilst TTC & he said not to tell him until he was allowed to tell others as he'd be sooo excited that he couldn't help himself, so it's been really difficult to keep a secret & i've had to make do with telling my Mum & Sister who've been great. I am going to tell him on Saturday night though as it will be 11 weeks then & we are staying in a nice hotel in the city for our anniversary so I thought it would be nice to tell him there & that way he only has to keep quiet for just over a week until we have the scan, hehe. I will be keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you over the next few days, although im sure it's not far away for you guys!

nicole85 Guest

Default Great news

Hello my fellow clomid friends,

Just thought i would update you all on my progress. Well i got my period on Wednesday which is fantastic i went and seen my Dr today (thursday) and he has started me on Clomid straight away 50mg so i am abit excited but trying not to get my hopes up as he told me it could take any where between 3 to 6 mths to fall. But to tell you the truth i am feeling very positive about this. So he had told me to start this clomid today being the 2nd day of my period so fingers crossed . I was a little bit scared to take it as i was abit nervous about the side affects, but i took it anyway so lets hope i dont get any side affects, my dr told me to take it at night so it i would sleep through what ever side affects i might get, so we will just see what happens. I feel so good about finally starting on clomid we are going to get this baby we have longed for so long i can feel it .

Kell i cant believe u havent told your husband yet i think mine would almost kill me if i kept it from him. I just couldnt i would be to excited i think everyone would know I am very happy 4 you though you are a better secret keeper than me lol . Oh i was going o ask you how many round of clomid did it tak you to fall ??? I cant wait to hear about your 12 week scan

Coops i am can relate to how u are feeling i know it will happen for you very soon i know ppl keep saying that but you and your husband have to sty positive , i know that doesnt reallly help but i know how you feel and i know how hard it had been for us . I will be thinking of you and praying for you it will happen just like it will happen for us (matt and i). Big Huggs to you

Chin up guys keep me informed and i will do the same

xoxoxo nic

Hi all
    I am new to this so I apologise now if I get it wrong!
    My doctor has prescibed provera and clomid after coming off the pill last May... and nothing! I am now patiently awaiting the arrival of AF (finished 1st round of provera on Tuesday night) and will start taking clomid on day 3 for 5 days. The doc has prescribed 25mg for the first round, which, from what I can see, seems a bit low!
    Any advice for a newbie in this - I am so excited about finally starting the journey, but quietly nervous too!
    Thanks

nicole85 Guest

Hi Amanda,

Welcome , i am new to this too The 25mg that ur dr has prescribed is probly right for you do you have any medical conditions like PCOS . That is wat i have and i think my dr has put me on 50mg because of that. I have bee trying since nov 07 and this is my first round of clomid, so we are all in this together. If you are unsure i recomend you call your dr and ask just to be sure.

Good luck hope to hear good progress

oxoxo nic

Thumbs up

Hey Nicole

Congratulations on finally getting to start on the clomid, I must say I felt relieved after I started too as it at least feels like you are doing something towards getting getting pregnant rather than just sitting around waiting for something to happen. you definately have a great attitude & I truly believe that can make all the difference to your success so keep that up as hard as it gets at times. I was TTC for approx 18 months without medication until I found out I had pcos like you & that I had not ovulated at all in a very long time, if ever so I started on provera to bring on a period & then clomid on day 2 like you are now. In all I did 4 rounds of clomid, the first one at 50mg, but no ovulation, then the 2nd at 75mg & again no ovulation, the 3rd round on 100mg which also didn't work but did show a sign of improvement in my progesterone levels so I did a 4th round on 125mg a day & fell pregnant, so it goes to show you that even when things look like they aren't working it can all suddenly happen so stay strong & positive like you are as clomid has fabulous success rates in pcos patients! Yeah I can't believe I haven't told him either, I only haven't because I really didn't want anyone to know I was pregnant until id had my scan & he said not to tell him until he was allowed to tell, hehe he's hopeless. I am telling him on Saturday night though, we are staying at a nice hotel in the city for our anniversary so thought it would be nice to tell him there & plus that way he only has to keep it secret for 10 days or so. I did tell my Mum & Sister though as I had to tell someone & I must say im getting a bit anxious about telling people because it's getting harder to keep it a secret, but feel I need to do the scan first, fingers crossed that all is ok with the bub? Let us know how you go on the clomid, my fingers & toes are crossed for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda28 View Post
    Hi all
    I am new to this so I apologise now if I get it wrong!
    My doctor has prescibed provera and clomid after coming off the pill last May... and nothing! I am now patiently awaiting the arrival of AF (finished 1st round of provera on Tuesday night) and will start taking clomid on day 3 for 5 days. The doc has prescribed 25mg for the first round, which, from what I can see, seems a bit low!
    Any advice for a newbie in this - I am so excited about finally starting the journey, but quietly nervous too!
    Thanks
    Hi Amanda
    Welcome firstly, I hope some of us are able to help you through this difficult period. Id say your doctor is being very cautious putting you on 25mg, especially if you don't have a diagnosed condition or anything. Clomid is a very strong drug & some people also suffer from side effects so he's probably wanting to see how you go first round before they increase the dose, plus you may only need a slight push to make your body start regulating itself which is the point of the clomid. Im sure the other girls agree with me when I suggest that you should maybe start taking the clomid at night or at dinner time as I think you'll find that you sleep through most of the side effects & won't have anything as severe as what you may during the day. Keep in touch & let us know how you are going on the clomid and provera, we will all keep our fingers crossed for you.

coops Guest

Kell
    I am going to buy a thermometer this weekend and start measuring my temprature, i think that is another postive step towards falling pregnant.... ok it seems easier enough to take the temprature and everything like that so i will give it a go.

Kell i cant believe you are hiding your excitement that well from your husband lol that is so good you are a better person than me i wouldve walked out and told mine straight away but if he wants to be a suprise than you can understand why he doesnt want to know just yet. Not long to go now till the scan... everything will be fine but definately keep us up to date how you go.
    That sounds so sweet how you are going to suprise your hubby.

Thanks for the bubba dust Kell i really hope it works

Nicole it is so good to hear from you I am glad everything is going well for you
    Thank you for your wishes and hopes i am sending you big hugs and well wishes as well and hope it all goes well for you.
    Its just one of lifes little hurdles in life that challenges us.

Ok must go as i have to go back to work

Hugs and well wishes

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast