Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Hey Coops

Ooh how exciting it's the 20th coops!!!! Everything's crossed. I really think a thermometer is a good idea, especially if you are impatient like me & can't stand wating until you have your blood tests, although you have to promise me not to over analyse the results otherwise you stress more than you have to, hehe. I know I can't believe i've kept it a secret either, I found out the day my period was due at 4 weeks & im 11 weeks this Sunday so 7 weeks of silence, it's been agony though!!! It's quite funny but he said he couldn't keep the news to himself so if I told him he'd be too excited not to tell everyone else so ill have to make him keep a secret until after the scan on the 30th & hopefully he can do that as it's only about 9 days away from when I tell him? It will be nice though to not have to keep the secret any longer as im almost out of excuses!

coops Guest

hey Kell

Yep its the 20th and still nothing but i am not getting my hopes up as it could be shattered as soon as i do but fingers are crossed .... I promise i wont over analyse the temprature i will just take it and see how i go.
    is there any special time of the month that i should start taking my temprature?

Kell i am so proud of you that you have kept it a secret this long and to tell him on your annaversary its going to be so special.
    I could only imagine what it would be like making up excuses everyday

well i will keep you posted how i go over the weekend on Monday

Hugs and best wishes

Hey coops

I guess you can start taking your temp at any time really, if you are going to actually chart it then it's probably best to start on the first day of your period but it really doesn't matter, you can get the temp charts off the internet & the chart will just make it easier to see a pattern that's all. If you look up body basal temperature on google then there will be quite a few websites where you can print off the chart. Well I finally told the hubby, he actually was so shocked he didn't believe me for the first ten minutes, it was quite funny but im really glad I have finally told him as it will be a little easier on me with him knowing, i've just got to hope he can manage to keep the secret! My scan just can't come quick enough now as im definately getting an obvious pot belly & it's getting harder to hide it, im finding it more difficult because I had a reasonably flat stomach too so it seems to be more obvious & my jeans etc don't feel comfortable anymore so it will be nice just to have it out in the open, hehe. Oh well only 1 weeks to go I guess. Any more news with you?

coops Guest

Hey kell

thanks for that i am buying a thermometer this weekend and i am going to start charting. that is great that you told him and he was shocked lol that is so cute. I bet it feels better now that you have told your hubby
    Yeah its getting really close now, not long to go then its all the fun part of telling everybody

My news is i was running 2 days late for my period so i was hoping with all i had that this was going to be it but then yesterday (Sunday) i got my period so it looks like the journey begins all over again but thats ok.

Hope all is going well though.

Im so sorry coops, I know it's really hard sometimes to keep starting over again but you have a great attitude & im certain it won't be long for you guys, im sending you out a big hug ! By the way, did you ever end up managing to get some more information regarding taking your clomid? Yeah it definately feels better now being able to talk to my hubby about it, I think that's been a really difficult part of all this for me is not being able to discuss things with him but he knows now so that's a good thing & he only has to keep quiet until next Monday at least, although he keeps asking me what day he's allowed to tell everyone, hehe. Wishing you luck for this round

nicole85 Guest

Hey guys,

just an update, been taking the clomid for five days now fingers crossed it is working. Havent really had any side effects except abit of bloating and ovary pain which is good guess. I am so excited about this. Kell i am pleased you told your husband he must be over the moon. Coops abit sad that no luck this month but my fingers are crossed for next month.

Alll the best guys.

oxxoxo nic

coops Guest

Hi Nicole

thanks mate yeah everything is crossed for next month, but good to hear that you didnt have many side effects.

Sending you big hugs and wishes that all goes well

Keep us up to date with how you go.

Coops

coops Guest

Hey Kell77
    Yep but its all good we have next month i have started watching what i eat so i am trying to eat a little bit healthier hoping that might help things along i am going to buy a thermometer this weekend and start charting. The chemist believes i should be taking it day 1 of not having a period i dont believe him so i am going to the Doc and asking again when should i be taking this..

it must be so good to be able to talk to your hubby about it.....
    So you go for your scan next monday?
    Everything will go perfect for you.
    It must feel so good to put your hand on your tummy and know that a little bundle of joy is growing inside of you.

All the best xxxxoooo

Hey coops

Yep my 12 week scan is on Monday, im really looking forward to it & think it will put my mind at rest a little once I see the bub, im just hoping that all goes smoothly ! Im actually looking forward to also being able to be honest with people & have them know im pregnant because it's getting harder & harder to make excuses, plus there is some close friends & family that i really want to tell as I know they will be wrapt for us. Your being sooo good eating healthy, im startving all the time which isn't great. I was quite a small person before I got pregnant, ate really well & went to the gym 5 days a week & now I feel like I can't stop eating & i've put on a couple of kilo's which I think makes me feel a bit yuk but guess I have to get used to it, hehe. So when will you start your clomid this round, you have your period now right?

Quote Originally Posted by nicole85 View Post
    Hey guys,

just an update, been taking the clomid for five days now fingers crossed it is working. Havent really had any side effects except abit of bloating and ovary pain which is good guess. I am so excited about this. Kell i am pleased you told your husband he must be over the moon. Coops abit sad that no luck this month but my fingers are crossed for next month.

Alll the best guys.

oxxoxo nic
    Hi Nicole

Im glad that all seems to be going well with the clomid so far, it's great that you aren't suffering much from side effects! Im hoping that everything goes really well for you, not long to wait now until you hear some news, make sure you let us know how you go as we will be thinking of you? Yeah it's great that my hubby knows now, it's just nice to be able to chat about it & also to get excited with someone because I felt like I couldn't get excited before.

wow kell! i havent been in here for a while!! OMG YOUR PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Hollye

It's great to hear from you! Yeah can you believe it, I didn't think it was going to happen for me actually & then on my last round of clomid it happened so im wrapt, although im only 11 weeks & 2 days so far but fingers crossed. How is everything with you, Mia is beautifull by the way.

coops Guest

Hi Kell

Not long to go now till the scan ooooo its very exciting Please let me know how you go with it.... and to start telling everybody is going to be a great feeling. The best part would be is the way of telling people to suprise them
    Well my period stopped yesterday so i took my 1st clomid yesterday and for the next 2 weeks i have a late shift at work so heres hoping staying up late waiting for hubby is going to work

How is hubby going with keeping the secret?

hugs and best wishes Coops

Yeah not long to go now coops, getting very anxious now actually & have actually thought of trying to change it to tomorrow but I think it may be too early, hehe! My hubby is hopeless, he keeps making little remarks thinking that no one will understand it but it's really obvious, god I hope he can hold off until Monday! Actually one of my friends told me last night that she's pregnant, she's 7 weeks & they are going to announce it at her hubby's 30th on Saturday night even though it's early days, im happy for them but now my news won't be as exciting for some because we'll be telling them 2 days after her, oh well I guess that's what I get for not wanting to tell until 12 weeks I suppose. I probably sound like a horrible person by saying that? Ooh it's all very exciting now you are back on the clomid, & working the afternoon shift must be much easier for you & your hubby to see each other so that's a plus. Do you guys finish around the same time at night? So did you end up buying a thermometer?

nicole85 Guest

Hey guys,

Well i am of for my follow up ultrasound tomorrow. I am abit excited cause the dr recons he will be able to tell if i have 'o', which i still dont understand how.lol I am hoping my cyst has gone. I am really hoping the clomid has worked i kind have a feeling it has but it could just be wishfull thinking .

I hope all is well with you guys i will be thinking of you on monday kell how exciting your hubby sounds so cute with his lil comments lol ...

My fingers are crossed for you too coops this could be your month
    I will be of for now let me know how you go with the thermometer coops i am interested to see how it goes

oxoxo nic

Hey Nicole

Usually when you have the feeling that it's worked then it usually has because our gut tells us the truth most times! I remember being quite cynical about my rounds of clomid & I just knew they hadn't worked but I also had a feeling it had on the last round & I was right so I hope it's the same for you. How exciting that you get to find out today if you have "O", make sure you let us know how you went. Yeah they can tell from an ultrasound, actually I was amazed by what they could tell me in my early ultrasound at 6 weeks, but they could tell me what ovary dropped the egg & they showed me the follicle that got me pregnant etc so it's pretty amazing. I think they will be able to see if your follicles have dropped which is what happens in ovulation so im very excited for you!

coops Guest

Hi Nicole
    my fingers and toes are crossed for you that everything goes well i would love to hear how you go with it.

I must admit i am like you everytime i start to take the clomid my hopes get so high that this month they will work but then when it doesnt i just think oh well there is always next month

Buying a thermometer is also going to help me track it when its the right time to try... but hey we are all destined to be mums and its going to happen for us.

Nicole: how are you going with everything?

nicole85 Guest

Hey guys

Well i had my ultasound today and it showed that my BIG cyst has gone but because of the poly cystic they couldnt tell if either of the folicals where the dominant ones. So i guess there is some good new LOL. I also saw my Dr today and he has aranged a blood test for two weeks to check my hormone levels but he said to DO IT for the next 4 to five days incase it has worked. LOL so guess what i will be doing tonight LOL i am so confussed about the science behind having a baby the Dr just went on and on about it today when i walked out of there i was so frusrated and confussed . I guess u shouldnt think about it to much aaahhh but its hard not to hehehe . Well my fingers are crossed .

I will keep you informed

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast