thread: Wrist Cast & Children - How Did You Do It?

Mar 2006

Hey Lovely, FINALLY I get access to the internet! You will be in safe hands. Just remember, the public has a long waiting list but once you get IN to the clinics, it is a very quick turn around to get into surgery.

I'm sorry it's so sore. And so complex. Let me know when you get your appointment Maybe we can catch up. I can come keep you company for a bit

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Thanks hun, you will be the first person on my list of people to tell.... so i can have some company if your on a break... or you just wanna sneak away and pludge
    You have a really important patient to liase with right
    I know i will be in good hands, might call tomorrow and see if they have my referral and work from there

Mar 2006

no need to sneak away - I'll just go! I'll put you in my diary and they won't blink an eye! I'll bring coffee Real coffee The GOOD stuff! I know where the good Barista is!

Ringing to make sure they have the referral is a great start Ask for an appt ETA too.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Will do... Typing invoices tonight killed, DD2 pushed on it today... OUCH!

Sent from my iPhone, more than likely while I should be doing something else!

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

ooh, gotta share the good coffee info MG - i'm sure DH will be craving good coffee by the time we get there for our appt!

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Hehe look what you've started MG
    Got swimming this morning then will call once we get home and see how we go, wish me luck.... hopefully i can swing a Wednesday appt so then MIL can have the girls and i can go kid free... otherwise you might just be bringing coffee & 2 babycinos

Mar 2006

If you don't get a Wed appointment and the girls are willing, I'll try take them for a walk because they'll go crazy waiting.

The best on campus barista is in the main cafe. But if you prefer Hudsons, there is one in the Private. Don't get coffee from the cafe next to the outpatient clinics - I've never been able to drink it. It's the same company as the main cafe but it isn't as nice for whatever reason.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Oh MG you have a heart of gold my dear
    Called and they said give them another week and call back - they are entering in new referrals at the moment and mine wasn't in yet but it didn't mean it wasn't there IYWKIM.
    Hmmmm another week itching to ring

Dec 2006

waiting sucks!

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

That it does, but i just try and remember there are probably heaps of people out there worse off.... or NOT
    All good, i've waited 15yrs whats a little longer

Dec 2006

surely you weren't in year 9 15 years ago???

mine has been a drama since ummm grade 5 - so about 1990 - two surgeries already... meh, whats a bit longer lol

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

13-15 yrs ago.. Yeah
    Wonder if we had the same surgeon???

Dec 2006

mine was from here in town (well on the highway). it's possible!

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Mine was done at LRH then the follow-up was a place in the highway in town, coming into town before the lights... Not in town IYKWIM

Dec 2006

Same clinic. Could be same quack. It's an orthopedic group though so maybe not lol.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Dodgy, too bad we can't sue... Now we're going to the same guy to get fixed, small world.

Dec 2006

on the upside, i've dealt with this one before - and he was good! the only reason i'm going back is because the previous damage doesn't look like it can be permanently fixed - he said that many moons ago - so it's something i have to deal with every now and again. he knew what he was doing, addressed the problems by feel on examining me - so actually noticed all the clunking that others ignored. i felt like he was actually listening to me about the problem instead of just acting like he knew what it was and dismissing my own explanations of the pain/clunking/movement kwim?

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Yeah i'm looking forward to seeing him, the surgeon i saw last week acually said "i'd be interested to see how they actually treat it" so i'm sure it's going to be an interesting appointment
    Me, My Z deformity, my pop out wrist and my aches & pains...