Thread: Have you ever felt the touch of spirit?

Default Have you ever felt the touch of spirit?

the touch of spirit when siting by yourself? How did it feel to you?

Not really that I would call A spirit. I do sometimes feel "fullness" around me, when I am happy or when I have a quiet moment in a beautifull spot, or see my dd smile. I could call in contentment, but fuller, happier, warmer, a feeling that you belong and are special. I also don't know if it's then when I am most in contact with myself, kwim? That you feel your own presence. Your aura

I completlely understand, absolutely, those are the momenst I would call "feeling my own presense" does that make sense?

When I feel spirit touch me, it feels like a cold brush against my skin, like a cold breeze without there actually beinga breeze, and they always always touch the left side of my head, its feels like somethng is slowing crawling in my hair lol, but I know the touch as its gives goosebumps off all over my skin from head to toe. Sometimes it feels like cobwebs all over me. Different spirits do differnet things I guess as we would while still on earth.

Make sense to me!
    Have I felt a ghost? No - I think I would block something like that out
    Seriously, no. Have never felt something like that. Though I do get that nasty "hair-raise-in-the-back-of-my-head" thing when I walk down a dark corridor ... BUT PLEASE do not tell me that is a spirit!!!

ok I wont tell you that lol, it's not always though! I hate that feeling too, funnlily enough though I love walking through a cemetary!

soul the way you described being touched by a spirit is exactly the way i have felt it a few times, not since Archie was a little baby though, its sort of like the physical feelings you get when you get scared only you dont feel scared at all, you feel extremely calm and relaxed.

I had an 'touch' experience a few years ago while on holiday in the UK...we were at a harbor town (St Ives I think) and I was gazing into the little harbor on the boardwalk when I felt a hand on my shoulder...thinking it was my DH I turned around to say something (it was a firm and almost companionable touch, not a brisk strangers touch) and there was no one there...DH and the others were over the other side of the boardwalk and I was alone!

xx yogababy

widdly "YES" THAT IS EXACTLY HOW ITS FELT FOR ME TOO!!!

AWWWWWWWWWW Nat your dearly loved by somneone in the spirit world, and they were letting you know your not alone!! Or some gorgous hunk of a spirit was trying to race you off!!!!

I've had my hair flicked, while I was asleep (and there was noone else in the room). I used to feel the presence of my mum around me and it would be warm and loving like a huge big bear hug and i would feel on top of the world (very addictive).

I also had a spirit visit me during a meditation session and it was the sense of someone standing very close behind you, in your personal space, and I wasn't too happy about it either. I kept telling them to go away and they were being very cheeky and stood there for the entire meditation (20 minutes). I didn't say anything but the lady who was sitting opposite me (in a circle of 15 people) said she sensed a disturbance behind me.

A few years ago, when things were really tough, I would get visited quite regularly by my mum. She still comes around but not as often and usually when I need her the most (isn't that what mum's are for!)
    Last edited by Malyna; January 15th, 2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: update

I felt what I would call the holy spirit not long after I became a chrisitan.
    It felt like turning on a heater and getting warm but instead of heat, the being radiated love! if that makes sense? It was a definite prescence and the person I was praying with, while they didn't feel the spririt - did sense that something was going on.
    I've also felt a few times what I called a demon, sitting on my chest, but that was usually under the influence of cough medicine so may not actually have been metaphysical but more night time paralysis!! Still, that doesn't invalidate the experience however it happened? Perhpas medication/drugs/meditation opens us up to things our "rational" brain dismisses otherwise?

Yep I have. I was laying in bed one night and was thinking of my nana who had passed years before and I felt someone give me a cuddle, I thought DH had come to bed and it was so warm, when I turned over he wasn't there

Also at my mum's house, we were talking in the kitchen and all of a sudden, it went really cold and we both got goosebumps and got a funny taste in our mouths, that was not a nice experience, I can tell you.

hugs xoxo