Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did the Adelaide Gaol ghost tour last night...

kirsty_lee Guest

Oh that sounds good. My story is pretty similar to that. I've done Boggo Road but that was during the day and it was a bit meh.

BUT

When I was about 18, my cousin & his best mate were having an argument about ghosts not existing etc and his mate was trying to say yes they do i've seen bla bla bla, my cousin being the way he is laughed it off. Anyway, we showed up there and the mate said right well we're going to the Toowong Cemetary (not sure if people down south will know of it, but it's HUGE and its not somewhere youd really frequent at night let alone the day lol it's the place of the um.. oh can't remember but you sit on a hill in your car and put your car in neutral and you get dragged up the hill) So M (the friend) his girlfriend and me & my cousin & another friend packed up the car and away we went. It was about 11.30 pm by time we got there.

So the first thing that happend was walking around and I was looking around, hadn't been there before and it's just massive and my cousins FRIEND looked around and started laughing saying "i can't actually believe people come here and sit at night time that's just weird" no one else but me could see who he was talking about and started laughing at him. So I took him aside and explained to him 'look that isnt actually a physical person' ... yeah never seen soemones face go so white. So to prove that we'd see something the Friend brought a video camera with night vision and was just filming random stuff (which I wasn't too happy about) and he went up to this one grave and went real close to the headstone and his camera shuts off. And everyone starts laughing (but me, cause I knew) saying omg can't believe you didnt even charge your camera your the one that wants to prove us wrong bla bla bla. And again, he looked like he was about to vomit. He turned around and was like 'i've had this camera on charge since 6am this morning" ... the minute he pulled it away from the grave it came back on again. Of course everyone else thought he was just joking by this stage (very non believers) I'd given up trying to convince them and just walked off on my own with the Friend cause knowing how in tune and fairly spiritual I am, he wanted to ask me questions and i spose felt a bit safer. I tell you what the smells were insane. he couldn't smell anything ( i guess maybe there's a certain level to how much of a 'believer' he is kwim? ) but every grave had a different smell walking past it. There were some graves I walked past where I had to practically run past because I couldn't breathe, I was gasping for air. There were babies crying, women screaming. Was just insane for me really and I just didn't feel comfortable in some spots. So the Friend had been filming the whole time in night vision. We all decided to go cause the others were just mocking the place and being stupid (can't stand people like that) and so we piled into the back of the car and we're sitting there in the back, me the friend and my cousin and the friends girlfriend in the front was hanging over her chair to see the camera. And so we went to the beginning of the tape and pressed play and were watching it and pretty sure it turned the non believers faces a shade of white i've never seen. I just smirked. There were heaps of lights zooming all over the screen, white lights. times when the camera cut out. But the real clincher was when there was one part of the video where a womans face appears in clear view and then screams with this horrible face just so much pain and then her face goes from one side of the screen to the other screaming. That was about the time my cousin and the mates girlfriend freaked out and told us to turn it off lol.

Was an interesting experience but for someone whos very in tune it was at times quite overwhelming and other tiems a bit sicknening. Especially walking past war vetrans graves. And very LOUD walking past babies/chidlrens graves. mothers crying, babies crying etc. Full on.

WOW that sounds very interesting, something like that would be awesome.
    LO's are so so intune with these kinds of things, the other people with you probably got a better experience out of having your DS there... made it all the more creepy.
    Might have to google.

WOW KL, I couldnt do that! I love cemetaries usually, my dad and I used to visit all the old ones in the rural areas, but no way would I go at night, like I said before, I usually try to block most of the "stuff" but theres just a deep seated superstition type of fear of disturbing a graveyard at night!

The guide at the gaol was saying the today tonight crew came once and did a special, in one particular building, none of the cameras would work, they were fine until they walked in the door, then nothing, totally dead,as soon as they were out the door, they came straight back on.
    They have a room with photos that people have taken over the years, with some orbs and faces and things, pretty freaky stuff, also some that his group have taken in the Kapunda cemetary and the peterborrough reformatory, pretty much like what you have decrbibed on your video tape.

WOW KL!! Toowong was another on my list of ghost tours I wanted to do the last time I was down that way!!
    Next time you're up this way, should get you to come do the old Dairy with me and confirm the existence of its resident... I don't know how people canNOT believe he's real, there are photos of him, everyone knows the story, and I have felt a vague presence (I'm not really in-tune with the spirit world ) myself when visiting...

Just a question, do you think the babies are crying because they're not at peace, or it's just the energy/memory of their last days/hours attached to them and following them around? That's so sad

kirsty_lee Guest

Alot of them weren't at peace Donna... and when you looked at the tomb stones it was stuff like 'tragically taken' and stuff like that. And then obviously mothers who have obvoiusly taken their lives and been buried with their children crying...

kirsty lee... what did you do with that footage? if there is footage like this then why are there so many disbelievers?

ianna.. i always think that way too. i am hesitent to do anything for fear that just by doing it something/someone bad will try something on me.

kirsty_lee Guest

im not sure what they did with the footage it was about 6 years ago we did this, so who knows? I don't know why there are so many disbelievers I think tbh, alot of the disbelieving comes from 'fear' of the unknown ya know?

Hollo it's not so much "something bad". I believe that there is dark & light. Not all go to the light - mostly the ones that stick around haven't found the light & are trapped in Earthly and Egoic pain. So therefore hanging out with them isn't good for us! The experience Kristy described sounds very very dark & that is why it's not healthy ( I believe) to allow that in. We have to protect ourselves, our auras & be very aware of how to do that. Entities can cling to us & this is sometimes why people behave really outrageously (often defensively, reactively & with blame at the minimum).

Love and light protect us & thrive us but in order for that to happen we have to know how to do that. I do & I have had an experience with an entity attatching to me so I know very well that it's not something to treat lightly or with confidence that I knwo the answers iykwim? So, I stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hollo it's not so much "something bad". I believe that there is dark & light. Not all go to the light - mostly the ones that stick around haven't found the light & are trapped in Earthly and Egoic pain. So therefore hanging out with them isn't good for us! The experience Kristy described sounds very very dark & that is why it's not healthy ( I believe) to allow that in. We have to protect ourselves, our auras & be very aware of how to do that. Entities can cling to us & this is sometimes why people behave really outrageously (often defensively, reactively & with blame at the minimum).

Love and light protect us & thrive us but in order for that to happen we have to know how to do that. I do & I have had an experience with an entity attatching to me so I know very well that it's not something to treat lightly or with confidence that I knwo the answers iykwim? So, I stay away!
    Agree 100%, based on personal experience, I have worked with someone who had an entity attachment (confused, not malicious) and also encountered someone with an attachment that was very negative in nature, her life was spiralling downwards in a very scary fashion and she had a real aversion (at the time) to positive energies like reiki & white lighting. On that occasion I was lucky to know someone with enough experience (and spiritual "power" if you can call it that) to be able to help her. I've also had the experience (years later) of having an entity trying to attach to me, but by that time I was sufficiently experienced to see it coming and take measures to block the attempt.

I totally get you MD. This is another reason why it's very important to learn to protect ourselves & to be very careful and discerning with whom we allow into our Aura... I got shivers hearing your explaination MD. Entities often attatch when we are very "low on batteries", perhaps pessimistic, giving up on the life Force etc. So yahooing around a cemetery (I know you weren't KL but the others) is not a good idea - this coupled with some drinks and an ouija board and I've seen absolute havoc....

kirsty_lee Guest

Yeah it is important for people to realise they need to protect themselves. I made sure I was well protected both before and after

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12