Thread: Psychic abilities in children

Default Psychic abilities in children

Hi there,
    I am a long term member of another parenting forum, but wanted to ask this question here, as I fear that I would be labelled a "troll" if I asked over there, and it was subsequently proved correct. Some people here may label me a troll, but at least I don't have a reputation to protect here - so here goes.

I am 5 weeks pregnant. My 4.5 year old son has not been told I am pregnant yet. Before I even knew I was pregnant he started saying some really strange things. We were driving along in the car one day, and he said "Mum - we need to get a bigger car" - I asked him what for and he replied "We won't all fit when you have 3 babies". I laughed this off and told him that we weren't going to have another baby, let alone 3 !

We have another son, 8months who I occasionally leave with my mother while I take DS1 to activities. DS1 aksed me "Mum, how will Grandma feed 3 babies when you take me to swimming ?" Once again I laughed it off, not knowing I was pregnant.

Last night he asked me how I was going to breastfeed 3 babies with only 2 boobs ! (logical little soul that he is).

He has mentioned the 3 babies thing at least every second day now for 2 weeks, and I am starting to feel slightly paranoid about all of his comments about 3 babies !
    I have a scan on 16th May, so that will of course alleviate all of my worries !

Has any one here had any experiences with children who DO have genuine pyshic abilities ? Has anything they have said come true ?

Default Psychic abilities in children.

Hi all, our 8 year old son was very sick and going through a bone marrow transplant,and he was laying in his hospital bed,and told me that the angels had come for him and that he would be leaving us soon, and that Dad,being my husband would take good care of us and that all the family will be ok.I didnt think much of this and told my son Brendan not to be silly,that he wasnt going anywhere,I myself thought it was all the medication doing the talking,but he also told me,i was going to have two more children,I just laughed,having more kids was far from our minds when we all were going through such a difficult time,we aready has three chilren.Sadly our son Brendan passed away in sept, 2004,and many things he told us did happen and came true, and my 7 year old daughter,who was extremely close to her brother says he comes to visit us and also plays with his other brothers,she often can talk about things that have happed, well before she was born,and funny that may be ,it must be her brother communicating with her.We strongly believe in life and communications after death,and there are some realy good scientic books written about this toptic,and yes my little boy was right, I have gone on to have two more babies,in which we thought we would never have mainly due to grieving and stress of losing our son.

I had a friend once whose daughter (4 at the time) said mum what will we name the baby. She said what baby.. the one in your tummy.. She said Mummy's not having a baby sweety.. Daughter kept saying yes you are.. Mum realized a week later her period was late did a test and sure enough a baby was in there.. fast forward 18 months. Same daughter says.. Mum can I name the boy in your Belly Ethan ( i used to look after Daughter so we assumed it was to do with my sons name) turns out mum was 18 weeks pregnant and they had a boy...

My son Isaac says some very strange things.. Not really sure what to make of them..

Just one question. What is a troll? I assume you are not talking about the fantasy character with an evil face and big hair.

Oh, and I think kids are amazing and there are probably some very gifted children out there with unexplainable gifts.

Good luck with the triplets if he is a "sensitive". Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Courtney,
    This is what a troll is
    "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion" From wikipedia

Nic,
    welcome to BB!! (By the way I con't see how you fit the description above by asking this question...??
    I really believe that children have a much more defined 6th sense than adults. I believe that they are more open to anything and everything and as we grow, alot of adults begin to put things from the unexplained down to explainable things, kwim?
    Sounds like to me like your little man is a very open and inquisitive soul and that you might be having twins (the third baby being your 8mth old?) or maybe even triplets??? Please let us know

Thanks Kel.

I can only go from my own experiences - I asked my Mum when she was having a daughter. She was very surprised as she had already had 4 children - but I was quite insistant that there would be another girl. Low and behold, about a year later she was pregnant with my sister!

Again, a bit puzzled about you being labelled a troll - nothing offensive in the question you're asking!

Hopefully you will find BB is more understanding - welcome!

Mum of Many - I am so sorry to read that you have lost your son, but glad that he still comes to play with your children.

The other site I visit has a reputation of flushing out trolls, whether they really are trolls or not. The witch hunts are quite savage, posts are often dredged up from years ago if the member has been there for a while, and any inconsistencies are questioned. Recently, a member posted that she had an epiphany that she was having twins, but wasn't getting an ultrasound to confirm this. She was accused of trolling and lying etc etc. She was then in a car accident & had to have an ultrasound, which proved that she indeed was having twins. I'm a little wary of exposing myself over there to the cynics and troll hunters - I'm simply not after the attention over there.
    Hope this helps to explain why I've posted what I've posted.

I'll come back in after the scan to let you know how many (or few !) there are!

Thanks ladies

Ladies,

Children are very spiritual while they are young, as they get older we teach them not to "see" things and tell them they are being silly because we cant see or dont want to believe. With regard to children knowing of pregnancies before the mum, it is possible, as small children can see aura's, so if you are pg and your belly is glowing with your baby's aura, a small child can often see that aura and knows there is a baby in there, and perhaps in your case Nic, he can see 3 of them, and they are often feminine / masculine aura's which are easily identifiable by children, hence them knowing if they are boy or girl babies.

My DD is 8mo and was only 4mo when my FIL passed away, yet now when she sees his photos she waves to him and gets excited and leads me to the photo, she jumps up and down with glee. I think she recognises him as he must play with her or visit her in her dreams. We were at the cemetary not long ago and we were walking to the car and she was waving, I turn to see who she was waving at, and she was waving at a tombstone. So i think she must have been able to see the spirit of the person who was laid to rest there. Children are very special, innocent and pure, they are the closest thing to heavan, so yes they do see angels and other things.

Nic, whether your little boy is correct in predicting 3 is yet to be seen, or maybe he is referring to 3 as in the third child??

Let us know how you go

Why do you continue posting on such an unsupportive forum?! Doesn't sound like much fun.

When i was about 12 weeks preg, a friends 8 month old patted my tummy and said bubba. She'd never done it to her mum or anyone else and i certainy wasn't showing.......
    Can't wait to hear if you are having triplets or not!

Nic - good point by Ange, maybe you should join us friendly BB girls

From personal experience while I don't know of any children knowing about the pregnancies before being confirmed I do believe my little boy (nearly 10 wks old) has 'friends' that come & talk to him & distract him when I can't be there, he can often be heard in his bouncer or cradle talking & cooing in the same familar way that he would if it was with me which is different to when he sees strange people.

I believe children are much closer to the world of spirit than we are, because they've just arrived from there and still get glimpses of it.

My DD1 astounded me at a very early age by talking all about my (decreased) Nanna and describing a dressing gown she sewed for my sister when we were little children, "before, when I was the grown up lady and you and aunty kaaren were little girls..." To this day I believe she was talking about her previous incarnation as my grandmother! Just waiting to hear what treats DD2 tells us once she's talking.

Good luck with your scan, can't wait to hear all about it. Perhaps your son is sensing his future brothers and sisters who are still in spirit?