Thread: Psychic experiences

Default Psychic experiences

Have you ever had a psychic experience? Was it good or bad? I thought your stories might be interesting.

I wouldn't consider myself psychic, but have on occasions had a thought or a feeling which has turned out to be correct. I think there is something to it and wonder if I could train to become more connected.
    It started after hearing a story about my birth. My parents and older brother, who was only 2 at the time were living in a flat attached to my parernal grandmothers very old house in the UK. It was here, in the middle of the night my mum went into labour. Being a second child the birth went a little bit quicker then expected. My mum woke in the middle of the night needing to use the bathroom, it was a few minutes after this Mum realised she was having contractions, she had time to wake my dad who called the midwife before racing over to my Grans, she was going to look after my brother. No time was wasted getting out of night clothes, my Gran was there in a flash. By the time my Gran and Dad had returned my Mum was ready to push. Mum tells me I was born in 18 minutes, delivered by my Gran. Later that day my Mum called her mother to tell her the news, which was when she told my Mum that she had been having stomach pains all that night. I didn't know my Maternal Granmother very well as she passed away when I was only 4, my sister was just born and my Mum was 32, the age I turn next month.

Growing up and to this day I have had the odd dejavu moment, where I felt I had been somewhere, done something before etc... There have been times where I have had a feeling/though of flashing police lights, before seeing a hiding police car, speed camera etc... Nothing I would say is too supernatual.
    Then there have been a couple of significant ones.
    I was a passenger in my boyfriends car when I was about 18 when he was accelerating towards a stop sign, I had visions of accidents, so yelled stop, which he did before telling me he knew it was there as was going to stop. So we continued on out journey, as we got closer to his place, there was a roundabout, felt like the BF was accelerating, but didn't say anything, anyway he crashed the car as he lost control.

When I was about 24, my BF at the time had applied for a job with Qantas as an emergency procedures trainer. A week or so after he had applyed I was sitting on the bus and thought I would ask God for a sign (I was raised as a Christian) to see if BF would get the job. A short way up the road I saw a sign, literally a sign, which was advertising a sign writing company. The sign said "sign", it was rainbow couloured. Needless to say BF got the job, though they made him wait almost 4 weeks before he hear back that he got an interview. We had given up on the job.

I had the weirdest psychic experience two days ago.
    I was cooking dinner and took a dish out the cupboard, it had a nasty looking crack through it, I hardly use this dish because the crack has been there for ages, but have never thrown it out. Anyway I had a really strong feeling it might break if I used it this time, so decided to throw it out this time. A little while later I was rincing a hot saucepan, there were dishes in the sink and I kept hearing a clinking/craking noise, I kept thinking something was breaking. I few moments later I was empyting the dish washer, I had slipped a glass into another one, and they became stuck. I gentile pulled and wiggled the glass, before it shattered in my hand. I was left holding a chunk of glass, but not a cut in sight.

I don't know if it is just co-incidence or some higher intuition. I just wanted to share and to hear about some of your experinces.

brilliant topic charlotte - sounds like you've had some spooky experiences. I really believe in all of this type of stuff. Many people get this but you know when you think of someone you haven't seen in ages (like someone from school that you didn't even know that well) and then a few days later you will see them....

But my most vivid premonition was last year. DH and I had a trip to NZ, I had a dream so it was very Alison Dubois style. In this dream all I could see was an aircraft on fire but I wasn't scared although I was on the aircraft. We were due to fly home from Christchurch the next day so I didn't tell DH even though we're both good flyers. But... when we got to the airport all we could see were fire engines & as we got closer to the terminal we were told that the building had been evacuated. About 10 - 15 mins later they reopened the terminal. It turned out there was a fire in a garbage bin - so I then told DH about my dream and well I did feel just that little bit more relieved that we'd get back across the tasman safely.

Question

I have had plenty of little things happen like thinking of a friend I had not spoke to in awhile, to have them call me the following week and things like that. But the most significant thing I can remember is when I was 20, I was living on the gold coast and I was sitting on the balcony with my then BF looking at the blue morning sky when a feeling came over me and I said to him "I have a feeling that something big is going to happen to the world, it wont involve us personally but whatever it is, it will be big".

The following week I could not sleep and got up at 2am, which was not like me especially considering I worked late nights in a bar. I turned on the TV and every channel was showing the same thing. It was 9/11/01.

I've had quite a few.. I get "feelings" around intersections (where fatal accidents are going to happen within a year or so), or when people are going to die (not nice I know). I've also had dreams that have come true (recently the 777 that crash landed in London - the night before it happened I dreamt I was on a plane that crashed and everyone got off safely and there was no fire).

I went to a speedway once, and refused to sit on the grassed area due to a feeling I had.. One of the cars flipped over the safety fence and landed on the grass area, later that night I still have the sense soemthing bad was going to happen, and one of the drivers in the demolition derby was knocked unconscious, after that I felt this huge weight lift off my shoulders.

When 9/11 occured I was watching the first tower on fire and I knew that the second one was goign to be targeted - I didn't know who to call or what to do, I told DH> Minutes later the second plane hit the tower. I said to DH that they would collapse and they did.

I've also told DH that if I say I'm not going somewhere to take me at my word and not to force me - and fortunately for me he listens to me.

The thing that shook me up and made me really listen to these feelings, was one day at work, I was walking down a long corridor and there was no one else around. I was looking straight ahead and I had the feeling come over me... My pace slowed and I eventually stopped. The sense of foreboding was overwhelming and I was getting ready to run (for some crazy reason).. I looked around, and to my left was sitting a colleague (who I had never spoken to before). He looked up at me and we starred at each other for what seemed like an eternity (but was only 10-20 seconds) before I heard a door close and voices and I was snapped out of it. A few months later, the colleague killed himself - I often kick myself for not saying something to him - being compassionate towards him, but it was an incredibly difficult time for me and I was going through major personal trauma...I just didn't have the guts...
    Although next time I get that feeling about someone, I'll be having a good chat to them!

Often wish I had a nicer ability - like being able to foresee the winning lotto number!

Wow this is fascinating and interesting

I've had a lot of them, ever since I can remember

one of my first was when I was about 5, I dreamt that my best friend had all her hair cut off and then I turned up at school the next morning and her hair was short!

I knew that I would marry my husband before I had ever met him, through a friend we started communicating via email, before we'd even met. After his first email I knew he was the one, this is coming from a person who was 27 and had never had a relationshiop longer than 5-6 months before.

my last year in high school, I dreamt another friend was in a serious car accident. The next day arrived at school and she wasn't there. I just knew it. She was in hospital for 5 months, nearly died. She is fine today.

gosh and there are loads more!

years ago I dreampt I was havnig a baby and had to have an epidural, I had no idea what one was until this dream... not sure if this is a premonition.

Hi ladies,

We all have the ability, but some of us have either been taught as children to lock it away and not use our sixth sense and others have just blocked it totally out. Obvioulsy some of you are more open to it and accepting which is why therefore you are having more experiences.

Charlotte, Id say that there is some definate psychic ability there, just go with the flow and you will start to seperate 'premonition' or 'vision' from everyday feelings such as worry, fear etc. And Id say yes that you can be trained to better use your ability, there are books you can buy to help you along if you are keen to learn.

Tarkine, wow at your ability, it can be scary at times, but once you accept it for what it is, then its less scary.

I had my first premonition at the age of around 7, we were sitting on our front porch on a hot summer night eating icecream with my dad and brother, I had this funny feeling in my stomach and I turned to dad and said, "I have a feeling there is going to be a train crash". He told me not to be silly, but the next morning on the news a massive train crash was reported in India where hundreds died. Dad was a bit spooked. Anyway, as the years went on, i had dreams and I would wake up and tell my nan that so and so might pass or is sick, always turned out to be true. I dream of passed relatives alot of the time, and before I got my bfp with DD, i dreamt of the HPT with two lines, I saw her in my dreams 3 weeks before giving birth, and when I was pg the first time, I was surfing the net looking at general pg information, then I came across ectopic pg, I read the information and had this funny feeling. I went to the toilet that same morning and noticed something was not right, called the OB, by the next morning I was having emergency surgery for an ectopic pg.

Only recenlty I was thinking about a fellow BB'er and I thought 'mmmmm she might be pg", although I have no idea if she is ttc or not, she had a gorgeous bub last year. Well i tracked her down on BB, just in time to read that she is pg again!

Its not always coincedence, i think thats something we tell ourselves so that we dont get freaked out, there is something else at play out there...you just have to beleive...

What a great thread,
    take care ladies and use your gifts wisely
    Lisa xx

I have many moments of de ja vu where I have had a conversation before (dreamt it and then it happens IRL) or that I have been somewhere before. I get feelings at work too that something is going to happen. I usually put that down to clinical experience and higher level processing of what I see but it may be more psychic and not being recognised.

This pregnancy (Lisa ) I had a dream the week before that we were pregnant and put it down to wishful thinking considering our previous difficulties in TTC. Obviously it wasn't My MIL rang the day after we tested and asked if I was pregnant with a girl (we will have to wait and see if her prediction is right!!). She did the same thing to my SIL to ask if she was pregnant too.

Michelle,

I have a funny feelings its a little pink bundle...

Oh and Rob and I went in to see my healer/np who said she could see another bub in my aura, meaning its near - and we are not even ttc! Im having dejavu now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Thread

I have feelings and most often they are right for others my own not so clear.

I have read and love the book spirit babies and I felt my engament and wedding ring on my had before Dh proposed.

I would love to know of someone in Brisbane to see

I now feel like I am PG I do hope that this one is true with our TCC journey and this month lots of De Ja Vue

Tiggerlinda,
    Sending you truckloads of baby dust my sweet...

Tell me about this book, spirit babies.....

Thanks Lisa L I really appreciate it.

I have feelings of accidents, and when I do, I let my Man know. each time, he has narrowly avoided some sort of accident either that day or the next day.
    When one of my dogs (the kelpie) was in trouble (she was stuck in a gate for half a day) I could not get her out of my head. I had a thought in the morning that she had jumped our fence and got out (at about the right time according to a neighbour), and then another thought about lunchtime that she was stuck (time confirmed again by another neighbour, who tried to help her, but our other dog (the rotty) would not let him until I got home from work, instead the neighbour could only give her water (after the rotty 'checked' the water to make sure it was okay) and keep checking on her throughout the arvo).
    When the rotty was dying, I could not get him out of my head. I think he came to me at work to say he was going, so I knew what to expect when I got home from work that evening. When I did get home, my kelpie was crying, and the rotty was dead.
    The kelpie died unexpecedly, very quickly, and I think she came to me, but I didn't want to beleive it, as I was rushing to the vet to see her, but I was too late. I miss her so much, it still makes me cry to think of her.
    When an old friend of mine was dying, I could not get him out of my head either, for days, and the only way I was able to confirm his passing was to read the death notices in the newspaper.
    THe Man and I were sitting up watching tv in the bedroom, which we hardly ever did, only to have the show interuptted by 9/11. That was weird.
    I have seen dead people. THree seperate people, seperate locations, all accidents (one hit by a train as he walked along the train tracks, an elderly lady hit by a car as she tried to cross the street (there is now a pedestrian crossing with lights there) and one hit by a car as he walked along a major road). None of which I knew anything about until I asked the Man who had good local knowledge of all three accidents.
    I get lots of deja vu. Hmm, lots of other experiences. Some very weird and a bit scary.

Hi Guys, this has been a very interresting thread

I get little Dejavu's all the time. Also, the night before I got a BFP I had a really vivid dream. In this dream I was in labour and my waters broke. It seemed so real that I woke up thinking I'd wet the bed.

Also ATM I can't shake the feeling that I might be pg again. Although the chances have to b small. The other day I asked for a sign in my dreams if my feelings were right and last night I had a dream that I got a very obvious BFP when I did a test. Hopefully I will know in 2 days time.

The other thing is that I have this fear of being killed in a car accident. I try not to let it worry me, but it does make me feel nervous sometimes. Does anyone else have feelings like this?

How's this for a physic experience... Friday night I vividly dreamed of a friend of mine who is due tomorrow had her baby - it was a boy, with lots of dark hair. Her name is jo... Saturday i get a call from my mum, to tell me that my cousin Todd and his partner(who has a sister named Jo - different Jo tho) had a baby boy on Friday evening! I just saw photos of the babe - and he has very dark hair. So while it wasn't my friend - the connections are strong. Jo (his sister) actually emailed the photos of them!

this isn't the first time I have had dreams that have had elements of truth happen... I always tell someone now when I first wake up so that when what I dream happens they believe me lol. I had a dream about Sharne Warne several years ago that he had something wrong with him, before it was announced that he had a shoulder injury... I don't even follow cricket, or particularly like him - I think he's a pratt lol.

wow interesting thread, i get alot of Dejavu's too, mostly about conversations people will be telling me something and i'll say you've already told me that (thinking they've lost theit mind) but Nope some i relise i haven't seen these poeple for months or more i also dream about accidents just after i MC i was so distraught i slept for 4 days in which i dreamt alot about babies and ivf and my family, just waking to go to toilet etc
    2 days after i MC i woke up crying then i called my mum telling her that she and dad had to stay home today DO not cross the highway she laughed at me and said why i told her my dream of them in the car towing the car trailor and they were killed instantly trying to cross the 4 lanes of highway mum stopped laughing then i had just caught them before they left to cross the highway to pick up a cement mixer from a friend they had to take the trailor because the ute was broken down needless to say they never left the house that day
    another one that comes to mind is when my MIL was in hospital dying of breast cancer i had sat with her for days just to be there so she wasn't alone my aunt who was a nurse at the hospital sent me home promising to ring if there was any change my BIL and family stasyed at the hospital that night in a red cross room so they weren't actually with her all night i woke at at 4 am dressed and woke my husband and said come on mum is going soon he told me he couldn't be there i drove the 10 minutes walked into the hospital kissed her and held her hand and she took her last breathe i found such comfort in know she had called to me that night we lay in bed and my 3 year daughter looked at the window and satrted to have a conversation with granma my daughter turned to me and said granma won't come in she said .... we had had a conversation about haunting the house and she promised me she wouldn't come in side but she be there i get goose bumps still when i think about that .
    Last edited by ~shazz~; June 2nd, 2008 at 08:41 PM.

kirsty_lee Guest

Wow, I've had soooo many experiences. As a few of you know from previous threads I do tarots etc and am quite a spiritual person. My psychic ability usually comes to me in dreams so much so that many friends i know have begged me not to tell them if it's anything bad LOL. I remember when dp use to have band practise on a wednesday afternoon, and he'd just go there straight after work so i wouldnt usually see or hear from him until about 9 at night. One morning he got up and went to work as usual and it was band practise day, that morning I had this really vivid dream about the drummers grandmother dying ( i had never even heard about her or anything) and so 3.30pm in the afternoon I hear dp pull up in the driveway.. so i immediately knew band practise was cancelled. He walked inside and the minute i saw him I said "how's toby doing"... dp looked at me really puzzled and was like "what' im like "hows toby doing after his grandmother passing this morning" and I remember dp going really really white and said "how did you know about that I only found out about that 10 minutes ago". There have been heaps of other instances like this it's pretty cool for me i dont get freaked out about it. I remember another time, my best friend who dp and I use to live with (we're all very close friends) and she is quite a spiritual person as well and she was sick so she decided to go to her friends place a few hours away. So one morning whlie she was away i was standing in the kitchen, and clear as day I could hear her coughing.. no one else was home and it was definately "L's" cough i remember searching through the house and was like wow that was weird. next day L comes home and I tell her about it, she asks me what time this happend. I said about 11am. She laughed (cause she knows about my dreams and what not) and said i was in meditation at that point and the person leading the chat/meditation had told her to let out a really big cough (as she was sick) and just get it out of her body.. and that happend exactly the same time that I heard her coughing. We had a good laugh.. dp just told us not to tell him stuff like tah anymore cause it creeps him out LOL