Thread: Reiki or crystal healing?

Default Reiki or crystal healing?

A lady advertises in our school newsletter offering these services. I have had reiki a couple of times before but never crystal healing. I feel very depressed and flat ATM and was wondering which of the two would be better to have??

Well as I am a Reiki I and II Healer and use crystals as well depending on the problem, I would say either.

You can go into the long reasons for both or just go for which one you feel most drawn too sweetie! That would be my best answer, go with what you feel more drawn too.

I was hoping you'd see this Jay! I really don't know. Reiki has always (except for once) made me cry heaps, is that normal??

oh absolutely sweetie, it charges all those energies throughout your body. Does she not use them together? If she does it makes it even more powerful!Crystal Healing allows us to access the seven layers of aura that are invisible to the naked eye. While our physical body allows us to hide our feelings and thoughts from each other (and sometimes ourselves) every feeling and thought pattern is stored in the seven layers. Sometimes our feelings and thoughts become so concentrated that our auric layers become dirty or blotchy. This in turn creates blocked or dysfunctional chakras. Any form of imbalance results in manifestations of ill-health or emotional upset.

Emotions can surface during a reiki session and expression of those emotions is cleansing. It can also bring to light things we need to work on that we may have been previously unaware of.

Yep, quite normal, it can release a lot of blocked up energy including emotional energy. That's part of the healing.

I was just looking for the newsletter so I could see if she used them together but I can't find it so I'll have to wait until Monday to call. I am pretty sure the crystal healing had a foot massage with it too. What should I ask her to see if she's reputable?? Is $70 for a 1 hour session normal?

I would ask her who did she get her attunment through. How long has she been doing Healing professionally now. Your would ask all the neccarsary questions to a baby sitter right!! You have the right to ask all the questions you need till you fel at ease with her/him and if they are a sensative soul they will understand your feeling it all out first!

Most charge between $35 - $70 for an hour. Depends on their experience in how long they have ben doing it and how good they are.

I myself do not charge yet, I do volunteer work with cancer patienst with a group of reiki sharers. Haven't for a while with bubs being born, but will take this on board again once he turns 1 and use it with my Doula work.

Thanks so much for the advice, I love you guys, there is always help when you need it.

I agree with everything said here. I'm studying about crystal healing and the chakras at the moment. Doing experiments on myself and they have worked pretty well.

I had a reiki session once and it really helped and yeah i cried after for a couple of days.

As soul said, just go to which ever one you feel drawn to. Be good if she does them together though.

MrsM which therapy did you decide to go with - let us know how it goes, won't you...

I use crystal healing regularly and I've not practised reiki for years. I probably need to go back and re-do 1 and then move onto 2 - my energy patterns have changed so much since I did level 1 that I need to be re-opened to it all.

Give it a go, if your body is open to it then it will help you.

I am going to go with the crystal healing just to try something different, I feel really lost ATM and unsure of what I am doing and I just saw the add in the newsletter and felt really strongly that I needed to do this.