Thread: Smudge Stick

Default Smudge Stick

We've just moved into a "new" house which is quite an old house.

I don't feel like there is anything here but I do feel like the last tenants left some negative energy behind.

I've had a Smudge Stick stashed away for some time and now that I need it, I can't remember what the Women told me whom I purchased it from.

All I remember is that I have to put it out in the Earth. I don't remember what I need to do or say in the actual smoking process.

Can anyone help me?

TIA!

P.S - If any of you feel that I DO have someone in the house...Can you let me know?!

Hi Sara, when I smudge I just light dry sage in a little bowl and slowly walk around the house allowing the smoke to drift up in to all the corners and in each room etc. I don't actually say anything and I never put it out in the earth either. I find that works great for me. I also like to soak some sage in water and put it in a spray bottle and then when you want a quick cleanse you can spray the mist around the room.... for example when someone has left a bad vibe in your house or you just want to 'clear the air'

sory to hijack
    would this also help with selling a house?

I like to say a prayer and ask for blessing and assistance from the angels, or guardians, of the home/place before I begin. Sweeping or vaccuuming through beforehand helps with clearing energy. I also make sure the doors and windows are open. Make sure you get right into the corners and down low & esp where there's clutter cos that's where the stuck energy tends to hang around. Then I finish with a prayer of thanks.

Practical note - carry a bowl or shell around with you to catch any ashy bits that might fall off the bundle as you go.

Yes Kawazuki, it would really help with selling the house.

Marydean, I leave the doors and windows shut lol (sorry for the conflicting advice Sara)! I keep them all shut until I've finished a particular room or the house (depending on how 'smoky' it's getting). The reason for this is because years ago when I started smudging it was to get a spirit out of the house and was told that they can keep dodging the smoke or hanging out near an open window/door until the smudging is over. I was advised to keep the doors and windows closed and a bowl of water in a corner in the room where the spirit was so that the spirit would cling to the water and then tip the water outside once finished. Then open all the doors and windows to clear all the smoke and energies out of the house... bit long winded sorry!

kawazuki I also think it would help greatly with selling a house, the 'feel' people get when they walk into your house is all about he energy there, fresh energy after smudging is the most wonderful feeling. I remember a place dh and I moved into, it was a bargin, had all the right stuff and the couple who were there before us used to argue and scream at eachother and had broken up so we took over their lease.... boy did we have some doozys until we smudged the house! their energy was stuck there and was obviously rubbing off onto us. Not to say you have bad energy in your house, but just the idea that years worth of energy stuck somewhere will feel much lighter when it's cleared for new people to come in and live in that space and hopefully buy your house

Thanks Girls!

Much appreciated!

no no i agree
    well we had maree in the bathroom, and there has been some heated discussions over where to move lol.

ok i think i will do it.
    ill do it about 2 days beofre we have our open house.

thanks ladies..
    i saw one teh other day adn thought ill ask then found this thread lol

The kids can help with shifting negative energy, get them to go into each room (with you) and clap into all the corners. Depending on their age they could do this while you're smudging the rooms, if not do the clapping first and then smudge.