Thread: I lost my strings!

Default I lost my strings!

of the mirena. The doc couldn't find them either, so I now have an appointment with the U/s clinic - the first one is next Monday. Then see what they say before I see the OB.

ARGHHHHH

And the weight has shifted on with this too!

And DH feels guilty for all the "action" on our honeymoon ... *rolls eyes*

oh no kaz!! hate to think of what they'll do to find them!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

*cough* wot is a Mirena?

sorry to be so dumb Kaz!

Gigi - it's an IUD. Suggested by my OB/GYN as the "best option" for us.

MEH!

Smile

Hiya Kasbah,

I too have the Mirena and it's always one of my greatest fears loosing the strings.
    How long have you had it? I put on weight initially and have just reached the three year mark and the weight is falling off by itself. 5kg in 5 months yay!.
    Please let us know how you go and what they have to do? Good luck

paradise lost Guest

Hey Kaz,

I lost one of my strings about a week after i had mine put in and it's never reappeared but there's still one there so they ain't worried. Lol.

My friend did lose her strings but when she got to the hossie for the scan to see if the IUS was still there they had spontaneously reappeared. They didn't really have an explanation but hers have come and gone since then (about a year ago now). If you only had it fitted recently it could have fallen out...?

I presume one of mine is missing because it was drawn higher at some point and curled up in the cervical canal, but i can't see, only feel, so it might be sitting there *just* out of reach i suppose. SO long as i feel one i don't worry.

Best of luck getting yours found/sorted.

Bx

Kaz I hope it's where it is supposed to be but the strings are just playing funny buggers

LOL at your DH!

Are you supposed to be able to feel them? I have not gone looking for them and DH says he can't feel them.

Also once you had the Mirena inserted did it take awhile for your periods to settle. I have had mine in since January and up until about a week ago I was continually spotting - is this normal? I have just had a period - so should it settle now?

Thanks in advance.

Nicki.

Nicki - there's a vent thread here from me about my spotting (heavy spotting at that) lasting close to 12 weeks.

I guess I'm just worried cause my last "period" lasted 12 days, which is a wee unusual for me.

Oh dear, I bet your DH is feeling proud of all of his 'efforts' if he's managed to get those strings right out of the way!

I would suggest the u/s is more to check whether the Mirena is still in place, rather than where the strings are. If it's a bit trickier to remove 'cause the strings are out of the way there would be a bit of fiddling involved, but unless you're planning on having that done now I wouldn't worry about it. My GP and ob/gyn said it was unlikely that it could 'fall' out without you noticing, since it requires more than a bit of a shake to dislodge!