Thread: Any good reference books?

Default Any good reference books?

Hi ladies. I know I'm seriously jumping the gun here. We have to wait two cycles to TTC, but after having three miscarriages in a row I want to learn as much as I can to try to prevent it from happening again. (Stacking the odds).

I went to Barnes and Noble bookstore yesterday (I live in the USA) and found a book called "Getting Pregnant: What you need to know right now" by Niels H. Lauersen. I'm not endorsing it because I haven't read beyond the intro just yet, but I'll let you all know if anything interesting in it.

Does anybody have a book they can recommend? I'm a big reader and I like to research everything. My stack of pregnancy books nearly goes to the ceiling LOL!

Particularly I'd like a book about recurrent miscarriages. They didn't have any in the store, just infertility books in general with chappies on miscarriage. But if anybody has a favorite book I'd love to know about it. TY

Hi Tempus

I'm not sure about the books, but I've found that the internet is a great tool for researching recurrent miscarriages, or anything for that matter... but you probably already know that!
    Sorry I can't help with the book, hope you find the answers you're looking for
    xxx

Hi Tempus,

The one that helped me after my m/c was The natural way to better babies - preconception health care for prospective parents by Francesca Naish & Janette Roberts. It is an Australian book. I certainly don't agree with everything in it - and actually disagree with some things - but found it to be an interesting perspective. Francesca Naish is a naturopath - so if you are interested in that view it may be an interesting read for you. If you do a google search you will find info about her books and her views.

Good luck.
    TICKLISH

Adkins_81: you can be sure I'm searching the internet! Of course there's an accountability problem with some sites--they can say anything they want or promote any product without the research to back it up. Of course, an author can say anything they want in a book, too.

ticklish: thanks for the book recommendation--I'll have to check it out.

Hi TM
    I have to admit ive read the book tickilish recommended and it is great form a natural perspective, some of it is a little far fetched though unless your living on an desert island But it has some really good pointers, ive probably waffled on about it before but im a big advocate for homoeopathics (have a look at website HPATHY) they have some tips on there but unfortunately no good books on the subject. I have got a program that was given to me that i can pm to you if your interested. Any ways good luck