Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ectopic pregnancy and methotrexate

Wink

really??? thank you for advice ... i thought i was going mad iv been getting really thirsty lately .. im going for my first blood test tomorrow since my injection iv ached quite a bit but kept on top of it with painkillers .... thanks for advice on drinking shame they didnt tell me at hospital ??

Unhappy sorry loves just me panicking again......

hi everyone dont know if u have any advice for me .... i had the mtx injection 5 days ago but my levels have risen ... not by alot im still only 1294 and before the inj i was 1205 .. the hospital said that they expect this to happen and not to worry ( but i cant help it ) and now on the 5th day im wiping away samll amounts of blood ... can this happen so early ... when iv rang the hospital they have asked if im in pain ... of course i feel a bit and they are gone in a second as i can quite happily control it with painkillers .... if there was something wrong then i know that i would seriously know it .... but im not gettin that much info from the hospital ....... so dont know what to expect ... thanks girls for ur help .... to be honest reading on here is priceless....

hi just wondering how other people are going after the dose of MTX
    I had mine early Jan and I am still bleeing so much as it all being over soon

2009 so far has not been a good year

Smile mtx injection

sorry to hear your still suffering ... i had mine nearly 3 weeks ago now ..... and iv also had constant bleeding, not always heavy but there when u go to the loo !! also have experianced a brown discarge ( sorry to be graphic ) but my hospital have been great and told me all normal ....!!!! hows your pain been i was unfortunatly admitted last week with terrible pains but was checked over and because my hcg levels have nearly halfed in 2 weeks they were more then happy ... so was just given some stronger pain killers ... which seem to work ....!! this injection does seem to feel a long drawn out process but i think its alot better for us in the end .... i hope u start feeling yourself again soon ..

Hi Everyone!

I am in the midst of recovering from and ectopic. In January I had a very unusual period (heavy and long) prior I though I might be pregnant but when the period came I assumed I wasn't. When the period was strange I assumed it might have been an early miscarriage. Purely by accident I found out about the pregnancy! I went to visit a new doctor and he took blood for general purposes and called me with the surprising news that I am or was pregnant. Long story short after 2 ultrasounds and increasing HCG levels I was sent to the hospital where I received methtrxate. My ectopic did not come with any pain so I am really thankful. I was about 8 weeks so it is amazing that I felt nothing. I am in week 3 post injection and my HCG levels are coming down from 1200 to now 39 which is totally awesome. When it all happened I was just thankful to be ok and that we actually conceived (had doubts as husband has had chemo and radiation in the past). Most recently I am now super emotional and moody. Is this normal? I am scared for the future and now have crazy anxiety! I am caught off gaurd as this seems to be a delayed reaction. Anyway would love to know if this is normal. I am sad for the loss but in reality feel blessed to know I was pregnant so I don't know why I am now such a volatile mess!
    Thanks!!!

hi teme

sorry for your loss, feeling like crap no not normal but yes that is how I feel also hope yours and mine ends soon

hi teme
    I too am at the end of my treatment with the methotrexate inj .... my levels are now down to 65 and hopefully this will be the final blood test that i need this week .... im also suffering quite badly from anxiety dont get me wrong im very happy that this coming to an end .. but also im very sad because i think it is just hitting me on whats happened ,, i feel that everything goes so fast were they rush you into hospital that your feet dont get a chance to touch the ground ... but also i feel that hormones play a huge part in this ... im blessed that i already have 2 children and need to keep busy with them but some days i just want to lie in bed all day .... hopefully this is part and parcel of it and will all come to an end for all of us very soon .......

Terrible that this is what has happened to all of us but I must say it is comforting to know my feelings are normal. I wake up with such great anxiety every day and this morning before I really woke up I started repeating in my head "positive thoughts and healing hands" over and over again. I was trying not to let my anxiety take over and I must say it kinda helped a bit.
    Do any of you ladies still feel run down? I ran before this whole event and now haven't run in over a month and feel like it would be a huge undertaking. I was hoping to use the time while we can't TTC to drop a few more pounds and get healthier but this fatique is not helping. I also wonder if it is fatique or am I a little depressed?
    Are any of you going to TTC again? How long are you going to wait? Have you been advised of any tests that should be done priopr? I just want to get all my ducks in a row.
    Also I am sure all of us would love to hear succes stories of healthy pregnancies after an ectopic.
    I hope you all have a good day. I will be repeating my mantra throughout the day to see if it helps me!

i can not be bothering doing anything always feel tired and sit on the couch most of the day
    also unemployed trying to find a new job in this stupid stuffed up world where their is no work at them moment I lost my job as I could not work due to loss, boss was an arse

We are going to TTC again but must wait at least 3 months to avoid birth defects no tests that can be done just need to wait and hope for the best

Still very angry and upset also due to the lack of support from family

An ectopic is almost like it never happened to photos no ultrasound no pregnancy and baby but still the loss of hopes and dreams

Dear Counting Days,

I am sorry that you don't have the support of family and friends. Truthfully I think you only truly have sympathy is you have gone through this yourself. People try to be understanding but always sedem to fall short. At least you know we all know what you are going through.
    One day at a time seems to be my best approach I have learned that I don't want to live to far in the future it only causes stress as we all know things don't always go the way you intended.

I have a question for any of you. I had a terrible night last night. I have had a dull ache in my left side for weeks leading up to ectopic diagnosis which is ironically on the opposite side of my ectopic. Last night I had terrible tightness and cramping in my lower abs. I never went to the doctors because there wasn't more bleeding then normal. The more I think about the pain I think it might be eith a kidney stone or a UTI. Did any of you experience anything like this? I am going to the early pregnancy clinic tomorrow for follow up on HCG levels and thought I would check with them and if they can't help I could go to emerg in the hospital. The pain is much less today. Still uncomfortable to pee. Tummy is not sore to the touch it just feels heavy. One thing after another it seems. Good thing I am on holidays this week. Oh well if anyone can relate I would love to hear back.

So I don't have UTI. Feeling a lot better then I did a few days ago. I am still taking cranberry juice cause I want to keep things moving well. My lower abs aren't nearly as sore and my bleeding is reduced but still spotting. It feels weird to go through so much discomfort with no answer. It could be part of the process after the ectopic. I am still exhausted! Can anyone who has been through this tell me how long they felt yucky? What can I do to help myself feel better physically? I still don't feel like resuming running which would be my normal pick me up. HELP!!!!!

Hi Teme. I hope you don't mind me answering as I've not gone through what you have, but I do take MTX so hopefully I can give you some help on that front. One of the common side effects of MTX is that it can make you feel the way you are feeling, tired and wrung out. It will probably last as long as the MTX is still in your system. You can help yourself by making sure that you drink plenty of water each day to help you system detox itself and eating as well as you can and getting plenty of rest. And naturally you are still going to be on the hormonal rollercoaster that pg puts you on, so it may take a while for you to be back to your normal self again.

I would say for me it took a good 2 months to start to feel better (I had one injection) had it mid oct by xmas I was feeling stronger HTH

Thanks ladies!!!

I really appreciate your information as the hospital doesn't tell you about the longer term affects. Iguess it is different for everyone. At least you have calmed my anxiety that I am not totally losing my mind. My spirits are fairly good most of the time but with all the side affects recently I was wondering if I was experiencing signs of depression (have had in the past). I will just do as you both recommended and hopefully I will find myself again. Thank you again I really appreciate your feedback.

No worries hun. I imagine that they wouldn't really tell you a lot about side effects at the time because you don't have any choice but to have it, but it would be nice if they could tell you how you could expect to feel so you aren't left wondering why you feel the way you do.

Unhappy

Dear All,
    Hello I have just joined this site and find it very informative and you can tell that everyone helps each other out which is a good feeling.

Just wanted to share my loss, I had a Coil fitted in 2006 shortly after I had my daughter and it had worked perfectly for years no problems. To cut a long story short I suffered an Eptoic Pregnancy in my right tube.

in Oct 2008 and as I was in the very early stages less than 6 weeks the doctor thought that it would be more ideal to give me the injection. I had this done the first dose did not work, my HCG levels were still high, so had to go back and have a second dose which worked and then every week I had to go back and have blood tests.
    I found the doctors and Nurses were not very helpful at all and I don?t really think they can ever understand how we feel. I admit I asked 100 questions and maybe a few of the same but quite frankly I was scared of what the future held for us in terms of having another healthy child.

However, I was told not to try for 3 months and take Folic acid for 3 months and continue in the pregnancy that?s if I ever get there. I am not sure what happening with my right tube if it could be scarred or damaged in some way so I went to my Gp and asked for a scan to see what the condition my tube is in?

My DH and I have been trying since January and nothing has happened yet I am so stressed mentally and feel so emotional I can barley talk with my colleagues at work, as I am normally vibrant person it has knocked me for 6 I might add. I don?t even know if I can conceive again? And what my chances are? I am so scared that the Eptoic could have damaged my other tube in some way? I am all over the place in a state of confusion???
    When I ovulate I do from the right side so this could affect me if my right tube is damaged so bad I may need to have it removed.

I can?t see light at the end of the tunnel here? It?s painful.
    I wish you all the best of luck I understand how life must be for some of you as I have been there but have faith and one day you will get that baby that you all so want.

PLEASE forgive me if I sound depressed I am just going through so much and its nice to let all my feelings out thanks for reading guys any advice welcome.

Do not apologize! You have every right to feel the way you do. You are right it is an emotional rollercoaster. They say that people who have had ectopics and treated with methotrexate are usually ok to conceive. So you are waiting to get info about your right tube? How about your left? I know it is hard to be patient but I am sending you positive thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Rach75 View Post
    I would say for me it took a good 2 months to start to feel better (I had one injection) had it mid oct by xmas I was feeling stronger HTH
    I took about this long to feel better too. My cycle was a bit bit messed up for longer but I felt okay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast