Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had this happen?

Default Has anyone had this happen?

Ok so i started bleeding on Monday and i had a HCG blood test done. I get the results back this arvo and they are negative. How is that possible? Even my doctor is confused because i got a BFP at 11dpo and it was a dfinate positive, not is it a line isnt it business, it was definate. I got a very very dark BFP at i think i was 5 weeks. So how when i start bleeding, bearing in mind that i've had no cramping, passed no clots and my boobs still hurt, how is it that it's negative? I did like 10 tests at home so it isn't like i've made a mistake here. So what's going on? i've had another HCG blood test this arvo and will be seeing my doctor again next Wednesday to discuss what to do etc because we are fully expecting this to be negative aswell. Now i do understand that yes i've lost my baby but shouldn't i still have at least some HCG in me because i only had the first blood test about 1 hour after i started bleeding? i mean i got my first BFP at 11dpo which is actually quite early for my standards so it isnt like the HCG in my body was low of anything. I dunno if i'm making any sense here? Because really, it doesnt make sense does it? What's going on?

im not sure whats happening there tegan, but i hope u have some answers when you go back to the drs, im so sorry

Is it possible you had a false positive? Is that what happens with a chemical pregnancy? Sorry I have no idea just asking questions that might help you. I'm sorry this has happened

im not sure about a false positive i mean, i did like 10 tests, it cant be wrong 10 times can it? lol and only just last week i had one that was as dark as the control line. when i had my other chem preg the lines never got any darker than the first one i ever did. But this time they have increased in darkness every couple of days like it should. So yeah doesn't make any sense at all...

i am so sorry you are going through time sad time.sending you a big hug.

Again I'm so sorry Tegan, and I have no answers for you. I have only ever had faint positives with my HPT's.

If you need anything just holla... I am here to listen all you need.

Love and hugs....

Mel

Aww Tegan hun, not again. Didn't this happen with your first miscarriage before Charlie? Positive tests at home then a negative BT? Did you mention that to the Dr? Maybe there's something in it?

Oh yeah it did hey? I forgot about that. I will tell her next wednesday. not sure if it'll be the same thing because my previous one the home tests were no where near as dark as the ones i've had this time. But yeah it is something to think about hey? Maybe i'm just weird. Or maybe when i m/c i lose all my hcg quickly? Or i was also thinking that maybe i lost the baby earlier than i thought and i've bled after, maybe that would make the hcg not be present anymore? I dunno, too much thinking!

Tegan im so sorry hun, :hugs: did you get a blood test from the doctor to confirm your preganacy or it was just all the tests you did? sorry im not much help, im just sad to hear this news.

Well i hadnt actually been able to get my pregnancy confirmed becuase i got a job and so had to change my appt and it wasnt actually until this week so yeah it would have prebably been helpful if i got one like 2 weeks ago.

OH forgot to mention (duh me) I had one BT come back negative when it was positive with Paris. Maybe the test wasn't accurate? Maybe there was some HCT but it didn't pick it up. I hope you get some answers soon hun.

sorry tegan, that is so weird maybe like you said that you lost bub a couple of weeks ago, so your hcg has gone down to nothing, again, sorry hun

Oh really cailin? I didnt know they could stuff something like that up?

TO be honest i don't think i'm quite so sad now(as strange as that sounds) im just now more determind to get some answers, iykwim? so that we can have another healthy baby.

once you get some tests done and some results you'll probably feel a whole heap better about it all tegan you seem to be doing well, considering, i'm proud of you *hugs* you're a brave woman.

Hi Teagan,
    I cant give you any answers but i can say that i have had a similar experience.
    After having about 6 zillion tests at home and all positive i went to the dr's to have it confirmed. He did a urine test then and there in his office and it was instantly positive. I wanted bloods done and he said it wasn't necessary as if it showed on his test then the bt would be +tive as well. I pushed for one and had the test done 2 days later. Results came back at only 22 - therefore +tive but would have been -tive if i just had the yes/no one done. Funny thing was another urine test showed positive and i had no bleeding.
    Went for another bt 2 days later but started to m/c that night.
    My Dr couldnt really explain much but said i must have had a rapid drop in hcg levels and he didnt expect the baby to stick - which it didnt.
    I am so sorry that you have to go through this again and i hope there are some anwers to be found out there for you.
    Take care

Hi Teagan
    What a confusing time your having!!!! Ask your Dr to send you for an u/s to see if there is a sack or any evidence of your pregnancy.

I had breast milk on my EDD of my Angel and a few times after that and my hormones were checked and they were normal every time so weird things do happen.

Take care
    Chris

Hi Tegan,

Sorry to hear you are going through this again. Sorry i can't offer you any advice. Goodluck at the doctors i hope they can give you the answers you need.

Take care

on no I didnt even know, I never seem to read everything on this forum, that will teach me!!

I am so sorry sweetness. I am so glad to hear that you will still try for another little munshkin!!!!!

How r u today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast