Thread: It's gone.

Default It's gone.

I'd just like to thank everyone who has sent me messages and kind words in regards to my miscarriage.

Not sure how to start this......

I went to my Ob for my 9 week scan and I was 9 weeks and 2 days, he did the ultrasound and was looking around and then matter of factly he just said it looks like the baby stopped growing at around 6 weeks and that was it, (don't get me wrong , lovely doctor I really like him, and he really is very kind).

But it was so matter of fact! Then he asked if I was ok, and I guess I was numb at the time, coz I don't recall any emotion at the time (is that normal)?

He told me that considering I wasn't going to miscarry naturally, that I'd need a currette, so I was booked in for ther next day,at Masada.

So I rang DH and told him and he was shocked too, then I drove home, don't remember that either, but got home, told Nyah and she cryed, don't know she would understand this at her age (4 in 8 days)!
    She hugged me and then after a while I told mum and dad, then came home from Sorrento, and then later in the night the pain kicked in, and so I rang my Ob, and told him the pain was coming in waves, like contractions, and he asked if I was bleeding ( which I wasn't ) I said no, he said to call him back in a hour if the pain was still there, but in 1/2 hour later, the pain was really severe, so I called him again, and he told me to go to Cabrini emergency and he'd let them know, the currette would be done tonight at 10.30pm.
    Mum and dad drove me to the hospital, and at about 10.45-11.00pm I went under and then it was all over.

But since then and this is 9 days ago now, the pain is still quite bad, and the bleeding is still strong, ( and sorry if TMI) but the clots are the size of golf balls and these are coming all the time.
    Can someone let me know if this is normal, I'm going to the doctor tomorow as I think this has gone on abit too long.

sorry I haven't written sooner and believe me I wanted too, but everytime I tried, my eyes would well up with tears, and I just couldn't.

Thank you again Yvette, for posting for me and again to everyone who has replied, you're such a big part of my day to day living, I read and re-read all your sorry's and it did make me feel little better, even though I'd feel crap inside.

Thanks again xxxx

Nadia, :hugs:
    What a terrible time you have had to go through, I say this all the time but miscarriage is a terrible thing that always happens to beautiful people.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
    When I had my first d&c I bled very lightly and there was no sign of clotting, mt second was a heavier bleeding but still not clots. I was told to watch out for odour or clots as they can sometimes be an indication of infection or retained placenta
    I hope you find happiness again soon.
    Bec

Melinda Guest

Nadia,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can relate to the pain that you are feeling. I wish it wasn't something that you had to go through - it's heartbreaking and soul destroying.

I definitely think going to the Doctor tomorrow is a good idea. It sounds as though the bleeding is really very heavy and I'm not sure that you should be having clots that size at this stage, particularly if it is also associated with pain. I definitely would have thought that following a D&C, that you wouldn't be going through that kind of bleeding and pain now. It sounds quite heavy and is obviously very traumatic for you. I really feel for you Nadia.

Sending you all my love......

Nadia i am so sorry you are having to go through this.

I hope everything goes okay with y our Dr tomorrow. It really doesn't sound right that you are still bleeding and pasing blood clots.

After my D&C my bleeding was light and did not last long at all.
    This time i was in a lot of pain and passed blood clots but they let me miscarry naturally.

You do have to watch out for infection as well like Bec said. My GP told me that last week.

Pietta Guest

I know no words can help ease your pain and i wont try to understand but i just want you to know my thoughts are with you and i am checking up to see how you are going.

Please let us know how you go and take care of yourself.

Nadia,

I can't help with your questions but I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you at this terrible time. to you and your family. Maybe spending some time with them at a park or somewhere nice will help you. I would go to the doctor with the pain. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Nadia, I'm sorry I can't help with your questions either, but I just wanted you to know how terribly sorry I am that this has happened, and I have been thinking of you often.

Please go and see your doctor if you feel things aren't right, even if it is normal atleast you will have peace of mind.

Take good care of yourself and soak up your family's love and support at this difficult time, and know that everyone is here for you

Kirsty77 Guest

Nadia I'm so sorry.Please do go to the doctor and get checked out.Big hugs to you and your family

*TamaraP* Guest

Nadia - I am very sorry for your loss. Please get checked out as soon as possible and I am sending my wishes to you... :hugs:

Nadia, :hugs: to you hun. I am so sorry for your loss. I really wish you you didn't have to go through this.

With my 1st m/c I had to have a D&C and my bleeding was fairly light although it did last off and on for about 6 weeks. I don't remember getting any blod clots though.

Going to see your dr would be a good idea matey.

Please know if you ever need me I am here for you anytime.

Nadia,
    I hope you got some answers today
    Bec

Nadia,

How are you feeling today ?

Thinking of you heaps.

Im so sorry

Nadia, I'm thinking of you. Please take care ok.

confusedegg Guest

Nadia

Sorry about your loss.
    My thoughts are with you and your family hope you are doing ok.

When I had my loss of twins, they didnt give me D&C, but was told to look out for clots and odour. Your clots to me doesnt sound right. I would just check it out anyway.

Hope your Dr visit is all ok.

Take care of you and your family.

Chris

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Nadia I am so sorry you have gone through all of this - been thinking of you and I hope you allow yourself to greive and heal. Thinking of you xo
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

*Yvette* Guest

Nadia I've only just seen this, I'm so sorry darling. I know we've seen each other anyway, I just feel it's my duty to keep up with your posts.

I hope I'm not being too crap a friend to you through this. And I hope you know we'd do anything for you we could. We're always here for you, such as we are.

Talk to you soon, unless I see you first.

Nadia - Hugs to you sweety. I know exactly what your going through, please look after yourself and know we`re all here for you