Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wasn't meant to be...

Nikki Guest

Default Just wasn't meant to be...

I know I haven't been around the boards lately, it is mainly because I have been so unsure about this pregnancy.

I have had spotting since about 6 weeks. An u/s should a gest sac measuring just over 5 weeks but too soon to detect a h/beat. I had a follow up u/s today to check the progress because I was still spotting only to be told I have a blighted ovum. No bubs, just a sac.

I feel very empty emotionally, poor DH just doesn't know what to say or do. I have an appointment with my Dr tmw to discuss what to do next.

Is a D&C necessary for a blighted ovum? I have be spotting heavier since having the u/s today.

Thank you all in advance for your support.

kirsty Guest

Oh Nikki sweetie I am so very sorry to hear of your pregnancy outcome> I don't know anything about blighted ovums & their treatment but hopefully someone may be able to give you an answer. I am sending huge hugs your way & am thinking of you at this difficult time.
    Good luck at the Dr's tomorrow.

Hi Nikki,

Just wanted to send you a hug and some warm wishes. I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out for you.

:hugs:

Curious

Nicki -hugs to you - i am so sorry to hear that...Thinking of you and yours at this time

Found this on a google search

Should I have a D&C or wait for a natural miscarriage?
    This is only a decision you can make for yourself. Most doctors do not recommend a D&C for an early pregnancy loss. It is believed that a woman’s body is capable of passing tissue on its own and there’s no need for an invasive surgical procedure with a risk of complications. A D&C would however be beneficial if you were planning on having a pathologist examine the tissues to determine a reason for the miscarriage. Some women feel a D&C procedure helps with closure, mentally and physically.
    Hope this helps...Again my thoughts are with you...

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Dear Nikki
    I am so sorry that you had to go through this again. Sending big cyber hugs and thinking of you during this difficult time. I wish you much future happiness. I can't answer question about d & c sorry.

Nikki
    I am so sorry that this pregnancy hasn't worked out for you, I know how much it meant to you.
    Sorry I can't answer ant of your questions, just wanted to send you loads of cyber hugs and to let you know that we are here for you whenever you need to vent.
    Sarah

Nikki - sorry to hear that it hasn't worked out. Look after yourself.

Nikki sorry about your loss. MY M/C was a suspected blighted ovum, noone ever told me 100% and I guess it didn't matter at the time. I did have a D&C, but I don't think that you have to. The main reason I had one was I waited a week and still nothing happened, apart from cramping and a small amount of spotting. Emotionally I just couldn't cope and had the D&C. Take care.

Nikki Im so sorry. My heart goes out to you and I hope you feel stronger soon. All the best for the future, and lots of love xoxoxo

Awwww Nikki, so sorry.

Oh Nikki - - I am so, so sorry to hear about your scan result. I really don't know what else to say. I cannot believe it has happened to you again.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Take care and I hope you get some answers soon.

All my love,
    Gabby

Awww Nikki, sweetheart I am so sorry. My heart goes out ot you, DH and Jayden. I am in tears right now. Please take it easy matey. If you ever want to talk, rant etc... you can pm me or just email me.

Re your question, I can't help you there. Myabe ask your doctor. He/she should be able to tell you whats best to do.

HUGE to you.

Loadsa Love

Nikki

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Best wishes

Nikki, sorry to hear of your loss. Look after yourself.

Dear Nikki,
    I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you sweetie... please take lots of care...

Nikki, sorry to hear of your loss.

My thoughts are with you.

Take care Leah

BIG Nikki... my thoughts are with you abd your family at this time...

Please let us know how you went at the Doc's.

Love Mel

Nikki, huge hugs to you and your DH. I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.

Thinking of you.

Angel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast