Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just wasn't meant to be...

I too had a blighted ovum, but didn't realise unitl I started to mc at 11wks, the sac was about 8wk size. If I had my time again, knowing what I know now I would have had the D&C. My Dr didn't give me the option, instead I bled from the 19th Dec to the 26th of Dec (xmas day I was absolutely exhausted), and on Boxing day I haemorraged, had 2 calls for an ambulance denied as they had no cars and in their eyes I wasn't high priority. My DH drove me 35 mins to the hospital, where I continued to bleed, the skeleton staff of Drs didn't even have a light so the Dr was looking for a torch so she could look for product. I lost so much blood that after they did the D&C at 2am on the 27th Dec mind you (they were really worried to get the theatre going at that time) I spent over an hr in recovery cos they couldn't get my temp up. I prob needed a blood transfusion, but no one was around to do it so it didn't happen. It was a nightmare and one that I would never like to live through again.

I hope everything turned out well for you and that you are on your way to getting ome answers for your recent mc's. AND a blighted ovum is still a mc and don't make the mistake of saying "tThere was no baby!" cos that's not true and it hurts just as much!

Cheers Michelle

Pietta Guest

Nikki I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you are surrounded by understanding and loving people. I hope you get some answers from your doc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123