Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: miscarriage?

Default miscarriage?

hey, my sister is pregnant, about 8 weeks. In the past few days shes been bleeding a little, more like spotting, although it did get heavier and change from brownish to red. She's been getting cramps although not really painful. Now the bleeding has slowed again but still happening. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and what the out come was. She's taken a few days off work and just resting although i know if it is a miscarriage theres nothing that can be done to stop it. She was at the hospital last night and they couldnt really tell her much.

Hi Dee

I personally can't help you out with your question, but grrr to the hospital they should have at least given her a scan or something to see what was going on and check on bubs.

Love

Hi Dee

The best thing i would say is get your sister back to the hospital so they can do a scan that is the only real way to find out what is going on. Also they should have done a blood test to see what her HCG levels are and then do another one when she goes back to find out for sure.

You are right if it is a miscarriage there is nothing they can do by the sounds of what you said she is having a miscarriage and my heart goes out to her.

Please keep us upto date on how she is doing.
    Sending big *Hugs*

Hi Dee,

As Michelle has said, I would be telling her to go straight back to the hospital and get a scan done.

Everyone is different, some of the girls have had bleeding/spotting during their pregnancies and have given birth to a healthy baby and other (like myself) have had spotting and m/ced.

I hope everything is ok with your sister's pregnancy. Please let us know how she goes. *hugs* to her

Hi Dee,

I too had bleeding at 8 weeks with my last bub. It was bright red and enough of it to scare the hell out of me. After calling the hospital the night it started they told me to come in, I was determined to stay at home because I thought that if I went they'd give me an internal or something and I'd definately loose him. I didn't go. The next morning I called my GP and went straight into see him, he organised a scan for that afternoon, he told me to take my bag packed with me because if there was no heartbeat I would need to go to the hospital for a D&C. They could find no reason for the bleeding though.

There was a heartbeat and I went on to have a beautiful, healthy little boy. I did keep bleeding for about 2 weeks on and off and just rested as much as I could.

There is hope for your sister, but I agree with the other girls she should get a scan organised.

Take care
    Trish

Hey Dee,

Big *hugs* to your sister. What a stressful time! I agree that she should go back to the hospital and demand to have a scan done. That is really slack of the hospital not to have done one last night.

Take care.

Angel.

Melinda Guest

I have to agree with what the others have said, in that your sister really needs to have an u/s scan to find out what is going on. It's pretty poor of the hospital not to do one!!

Bleeding doesn't always mean a m/c, but it is pretty scary all the same! I'd strongly encourage her to perhaps try a different hospital to get a scan done, or go to her GP and ask for a referral for a scan.

Hey thanks everyone for your replys. She just called me, been at the hospital most of the afternoon, found out shes lost the baby.

Melinda Guest

Oh that's awful news Dee. I'm so sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that things would turn out alright for your sister. I hope that she is doing as well as she can be under the circumstances....she must be awfully heartbroken.

Oh Dee, I'm so very sorry to hear that. How devastating for your sister and the family. If she needs some extra support please do let her know about the BellyBelly forums. The girls here are so wonderfully supportive. I don't know how I would have gotten through my 2 m/c without them.

Take care.

Angel.

layla Guest

Hi Dee,
    I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sisters baby.
    Please do tell her that if she needs any support, or questions answered, or just a place to let her feelings out, she is more than welcome here.
    There are so many of us (unfortunately) who know what she is going through and can help her through this. 8-[

Hi Dee

I'm so sorry to hear your news about your sister.
    Please tell her that they are in my thoughts.

If you can get her to join the girls here they are a great help at a time like this. Without them i don't know how i would have got through mine.

Dee, I am so sorry to hear your sister has lost the baby.

Please let her know she is in our thoughts also give her HUGE :hugs:

As the other girls have said, if she would like to chat or anything to come and join us on here.

Dee, I am so sorry that things turned out this way. I was really feeling positive for her. You and your family and my deepest sympathies, and as the rest of the girls have said - maybe she will find some comfort in the other girls who have been through the same thing..

Take care
    Trish

Dee, so sorry to hear your sister lost her baby, my heart goes out to her.

I too am very sorry to hear of your sister's miscarriage. Pass on our condolensences if you think appropriate.

Hayseed

Tammy Guest

Default Miscarriage

Hi,

I've just recently suffered a miscarriage (23/11)
    The pregnancy wasn't planned, but we conceived our baby on our
    5th Wedding Anniversary - so the event was to be very special for
    my Husband & I.

I would like to hear from anyone who can relate - because at
    the moment I feel like I'm going insane...
    None of my family or friends have experienced this, as all were
    blessed with healthy pregnancies.

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

Sorry to hear of your loss. You have come to the right place to find support and friendship.
    I understand totally what you are going through and the pain at the moment hurts so much. But time is a good thing and it does get a little easier but it will never go away.

Any time you need to talk please feel free to email or post a message.

Lots of *HUGS*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast