Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is a natural miscarriage more painful than labour?

Default Is a natural miscarriage more painful than labour?

I may of started to naturally miscarry, which would be better as I am booked to be induced on Monday, and would prefer to go naturally then head to hossy when I need to.

Bub is about the size of 14-15 wks.

Will this be more painful than a full term labour??
    I have had 6 vaginal deliveriues, with no pain releief for any of them, but have been advised by quiet a few people, including the hossy, i will need something for the pain.
    Any experiences that you wish to share would be gratedfully appreciated...

( I am now having black/red discharge, and slight cramping. More back ache than anything though)

no advice hun
    just hugs and love sending your way.

I've had a natural miscarriage @13wks which was nowhere near as painful as full-term labour. Just want to send you lots of as you go through this.

Regards,
    Dianne

In my experience it's not more painful. It is emotionally of course very different so our body's ability to cope with the pain is less. I am thinking of you my love. I am going out this evening but my phone will be on my person & I am here for you.

Thank you ladies, i am trying to be as informed as possible, partly casue I need to know, partly to prepare Ad who is having a very hard time with the "birth" part... I feel so so sorry for him..

Inanna, thank you so much for your support, and I will desperatly try to leave you alone tonight sweets!! xoxoxo

Have you got someone that can support you my love? Ad is grieving in his own way & his fears are understandable. Is there a friend or a Doula in the area that you could contact?

My expereince with a 13 weeks MC was like early labour, back ache cramping etc but very emotional..my blood pressure also dropped??? It took overnight for it to happen..
    please take care I am so sorry .. if it gets too much go to hospital... if you ring beforehand sometimes they can put you into a procedure room..also an US afterwards is a good idea to make sure there is'nt anything left behind..you don't need an infection afterwards, on top of the emotional termoil..

Maybe they might have said you need something because they may have thought you might not want to *feel* this labour as much or maybe they just say that because they assume you may prefer to use pain relief in labour anyway?

I hope that you have plenty of support around you tonight and I will be thinking of you

No advice, just

I found my first miscarriage, at 6 weeks to be agonizing - period type pain, only SO much worse But my last two miscarriages, both at the same gestation, were not as bad. I personally think this is because there was no panic, I knew what was happening and I knew my body would do the right thing. I was actually stayed at work, even though I knew what was happening - that was probably a denial thing.

I'm so sorry you hafta go through this at all

I've been thinking of you all night darling. I am hoping things are going as well as they can.

BD brings up a very good point - the blood pressure drop can occur when your body goes into shock. This can occur when there is a blockage against the dilated cervix. I also had this & I required transfusing due to the bleeding. As I've said to you just monitor yourself closely.

You will be in labour just as you were with your live babies & my labour with my still babies was actually longer than my live babies so prepare yourself for that possibility also. (though of course it may not be)

For me my 3 early miscarriages were vastly different to my late losses/births.

Just wanted to let you know you, Ad and your precious baby are in my thoughts tonight. My son was 36 weeks when he passed and for me the labour physically felt the same as my live babies and I held it together until he was born, then it hit me.

I wish I could make it all better for you, I'm so utterly sorry you're going through this pain.

Here for you.

Spring

massive hugs to you and Ad. You are in my thoughts huni. Take care xox

Every thing seems to be the same this morning... a bit of blood loss, and some dull back ache...

Thank you again, so so much ladies, I truley believe that BB is helping me hold it together, I'd be lost without you all... xoxoxo

Jodie, I am so so sorry for the loss of your precious butterfly.

I had a natural miscarriage at 14.5 weeks and while the lead up and actual loss was painful physically (like a really heavy feeling in my womb and then a very heavy flow) the 7-10 days afterwards were the worst afterpains I've ever experienced. Worse than my full term babies.

So my advice is once the baby has arrived, start taking nurofen and panadol - and don't miss a dose for at least the first week. This will at least keep you on top of the discomfort - I felt it the worst if I missed a dose.

Again I am so sorry for your loss, if you want more explicit details, PM me - I didn't know how much you wanted to know xxxx

I hope today, and the days that follow, are smooth and as easy as can be for you
    Last edited by TeniBear; August 8th, 2010 at 09:55 AM.

Oh hun - I'm so sorry. I hope all goes ok for you and Ad over the coming days...

I think my labour when I m/c the 2nd time was longer than any other that I have had, but not more painful. A lot more blood, I also got he same shakiness like in transition in a fullterm live birth just before I birthed.

My DP was affraid also, so I called my sister to help us both and I am so glad I did. In the end DP was great but I think having my sister there really helped him.

I am thinking of you all.
    xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast