Thread: should i be feeling something???

Default should i be feeling something???

OK i hope that doesn't upset anyone but is it wrong for me to have almost forgotten that tomorrow would have been my EDD - i don't really think that i will do anything to commemorate it or anything - i just want to move on and focus on what we have - i think i have done enough crying and being down to last me a life time and i don't want to ruin the good thing we have going now - but i feel guilty in the same breath as if i have forgotten about it all together as if it didn't really matter...

Firstly you haven't forgotten about it. And I also understand how you feel. Its the same way for us. Exactly the same. Our first angel would have been born around the same time we found out we were pregnant with this little bubba so it was a strange time for us. Then our second bubba would have been due in October just gone...

I did remember it just as you have but I didn't actually do anything to commemorate other than give Marc a big cuddle. But that was just me, I think everyone does things differently, and the last thing you need to do is add guilt to grief.

Do what you need to do and thats all you can do, it doesn't mean you loved that little one any less.

*hugs*
    Cailin

thanks cailin i only remebered this morning when i was writing in the date somewhere that it will even be tomorrow - i hadn't paid any thought to it for a while - i guess its all just part of the healing process and it will all just come out in the wash and everything - i must say i am relieved to be pg atm i cannot imagine what it would be like to have to go past the date with nothing....

I'm not sure if I'm 'different' but I don't really think about the EDD, more the date of the m/c. Though every now & again the thought comes up that I would have a ? year old now.

At the end of next month/beginning of Feb is anniversaries of 2 of my m/c. Not much is generally said in my house, it is just 'known'.
    But I always feel lucky that my DD is with me & she gets the extra cuddles on those days.

Oh AJ - I can understand you totally.

Maybe just a little way to remember your little bubba is to say a little pray in the morning for the bubba. You don't need to do a whole big thing if you don't want to. Just a little something to say I love you to your bubba and will always remember them.

I do this every now and then. It may sound corny but it helps me.

ok well today is the day and i forgot all about it again till i saw the reply for this in my inbox - so i guess i really am forgetting a little about it - i don't think that its really a bad thing as such but yeah its weird to think it would possiby have been here now - at least i would have been well past the m/s!!! sorry i am trying to make jokes to cover any real feelings - don't even know what they are so there it is - my EDD come and i have moved on....

I think sometimes it is a good thing you forget your EDD. I only ever remember one of mine because that is the only one i was given a EDD for and also the EDD is around my birthday so to me it's a little harder to forget.

But i must admit this year wasa little easier as i had Alex to think of and take my mind away from it all.

thanks michelle i think i am actually glad that i am working today to save me sitting at home just thinking - how you doing doll is the bleeding still easing off?

*TamaraP* Guest

AJ - I think it is quite normal for you to feel the way you did that day. I think when the date of the m/c comes around you will probably feel something different.

Me on the otherhand will notice. With an EDD of the 6/6/06 its going to be hard (666)

AJ, what you are feeling is perfectly normal.

As Michelle has said it is a good thing forgetting your EDD as it helps you to look forward and move on, so to speak. Your ~angel baby~ will always hold a special place in your heart nothing will take that away.