Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting for a d+c :(

Heybacko Guest

Crikey Kiwigirl - this must be a NZ thing as I was told I had missed a blood transfusion by the skin of my teeth - although I was at Welly. I started naturally on the Saturday but lost so much blood over the weekend they nearly took me to theatre at 4am in the morning but decided to wait until 6am - and had blood standing by as my count had gone down from 152 to 94 - so I can start to know what you have gone through.

I had really great care and am still having my haem. levels checked weekly as well as taking iron and supplements. I have been recommended adding something called Spatone to a glass of fresh orange everyday, to help bring my haem. back up (although it takes weeks) and I think that has helped with my energy levels.

Sending you for a quick recovery
    Alex
    xxx

kiwigirl - I am so sorry for the loss of your baby and the awfully rough time you have had with your d & c.

I know exactly how your feeling as I had a severe pph 6 days post birth, I was taken in for an emergency d & c and I lost 4 litres of blood during the d & c and like you it took them over an hour to slow the blood down, they actually put a balloon up into my uterus in the hope it would stop my bleeding, thank goodness it worked otherwise I would have ended up with a hysterectomy.

My blood count before having the d & c was 50 after 8 units of blood and 48 hours after the d & c my count was 99.

A few things I was told - each day you`ll gain a bit more energy but each day you`ll be exhausted - it will take a good 3 months to be back to where you were energy wise - I was recommended double dose of iron tablets - and you need support (unfortunately my support didn`t last long at all).

Hugs to you. It`s an awful feeling but you will get better but it will take it`s time.

Alex - Sorry to hear you`ve also gone through a similar experience.

Take Care

Dee

I am sorry for the loss of your Angel.

Hugs
    Shazz
    xx

Thanks everyone. Dee and Alex thanks for sharing your stories -- I feel a little relieved (??) that I'm not the only one who has had this sort of thing happen. My blood count was 72 before the transfusion and 113 afterwards. Did another test today and will find out at my appointment tomorrow how it is, along with doing a scan and some other checkups.

My biggest fear is that there was some damage done and that's why I bled so much and I'm really afraid of not being able to conceive again... I know it's pretty much irrational but it sits in the back of my mind.

However, I do know that I got pregnant after two months of trying - and got pregnant the first month I charted as I found it really easy to read my cycle from it... so maybe I will get pregnant easily again later this year when I'm well again.

It's me again, just wondering if anyone else leaked milk after a miscarriage? My breasts were agonizingly painful, hard and bigger than ever 4 days after the D+C and I woke up to a soaked top and my husband had to go out and get breast pads for me (poor guy, spent ages looking for a packet without cute babies all over them). They're not so sore now but I'm still leaking milk.

Big :hugs: to you....I leaked milk for quite a few weeks after my mc and D and C...hope yours stops soon and you are feeling much better.

All the best.

zionsmom Guest

hi kiwigrl you posted for me and I saw your story and WOW Im so sorry for the stress you have had upon you. I hope your doing better and your getting your energy back.

Smile big kiwi hug

Sorry to hear of your loss, wow you have been through so much. We are all here for you .

Aw sweetie, I just wanted to send you a massive hug. I'm so sorry that you lost your little baby. It is a heartbreaking journey, not to mention all the complications you've had to deal with.

Your story about the lady in the shop brought tears to my eyes.

Keep posting here, I swear it was the only thing that kept me sane last year after my m/c.

I hope you recover quickly physically, emotionally it will take time...

ellbo2 Guest

all the very best to you, to lose the baby and go through such a draining and emotionally crippling experience - all I can say - from experience - is that when you come out of it you will be stronger. Your baby will be with you forever - and all we can do is let them go and know they are with us. I am not religious but I believe my son is with me.

Thanks everyone. Willow this place has been really really therapeutic for me, even if it's just me writing out my feelings and getting them outside of my head.

Reading everyone's messages and support and their advice has been *amazing*.

I'm doing better. My blood count is up to 127 yesterday, yay! It was 72 after the op, and about 113 after the transfusion. DH is cooking me kidneys and spinach and other such yummy things I'm also taking organic iron -- even though I'm no longer anaemic I want to get really healthy and look after my body. Slowly getting my energy back each day which is great.

Had a scan this morning and also an internal probe. Almost cried in front of the technician because it brought back awful memories of the other scan (thankfully in a different place altogether).

Had to wait two hours for the gyn dr clinic at hospital (luckily a friend lived nearby). My lining is still a bit thicker than normal (1.6mm?) but they will monitor how much blood I'm losing in a week's time. Have another blood test on Monday to check my hCG levels are coming down ok (currently in the 700s).

Had someone say something deeply deeply upsetting to me recently (short version is that they had an awful feeling something bad was going to happen a week before it did, and had even told someone else this) and I cried for a long time afterwards. They meant well and would have been mortified if they had known the hurt it caused but what they said didn't help in the slightest and they should have held their tongue.

That's awful. Unfortunately you will find that people will say things with the best of intentions and it will leave you in tears for days. It's just one of those things, you have no way of knowing what will hurt and what people will say. I found it most painful when people said nothing at all.

I'm glad you're feeling better physically.

Went for my first decent walk today and feel definitely on the mend physically.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I know I'm going to need at *least* one cycle to mend emotionally but I want to know a bit more about what my body is doing.

Will taking my BBT show me anything (still bleeding from d+c and I know my HCG is still up) or should I wait till I have AF before charting? I went on FF website but I don't know if I can enter any info of use - e.g. date of my last AF was Jan 20!!

Hi kiwigirl great to hear you are feeling better physically. If only the emotions returned to well normal (if there is such a thing) as quickly as our bodies. I dont think I will ever be "normal" again but then I don't want to be either. If you begin charting now your temp will be elevated due to the hormones. I continued temping after stillbirth just out of interest (not everyday) but just enough to get an idea of where I was phsically. I was still bleeding at 3 weeks just spotting every second day. when bleeding stoped temp dropped below the cover line and I ovulated exactly 2 weeks later and got BFP.

Thanks smiley10P - I think doing it every so often might be a good start for me to see what's going on with my BBT.

I had my stitches out today at the doctors. Last night I cried and cried because they were going to be taken out. Sounds dumb I know, but I felt like taking them out would mean I was ok again but I feel far from ok again.

The doctor recommended I get some grief counselling if I want it. It's hard to know. I have cried every day for one reason or another (or none at all) and find it hard to get to sleep and want to cry more at night. Sometimes I feel like I really want to move on and look forward to trying again in 1-2 months' time. Other times, like late last night, I cry and cry.

I know it's probably a lot to do with hormones but I don't want to just blame them. I'm not sure if it's my hormones or just grief.

I also feel like if I got grief counselling (never had any counselling before) I would let down my DH and family - that maybe they would think they weren't there enough for me - because they have been and are. But I know I don't want to feel miserable forever.

Went back to work today. It was hard. I cried on the way in because last time I left work (before Easter) everything was OK. People were a bit quiet around me and I felt lonely at work today. The girl who is PG and due around when I would have been didn't really want to talk to me.

zionsmom Guest

So sorry about your experience with going back to work, for me I have felt that same thing from people as well. Not at work but I have run into people or just seen people that know what happened but they won't say anything to me, its so weird but I am sure they feel bad and just don't want to say the wrong thing. It will get better hun!

Kiwigirl I know exactly how you feel! I went to a party the other night and another girl there was pregnant and due exactly the same time as I would of been and they were asking her questions about the baby etc and as soon as they saw me they stopped and I could see they were uncomfortable which made me feel REALLY uncomfortable. They just dont understand so I suppose we cant really expect too much from them.
    Anyway I hope things get better soon sending big

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12