Thread: why did it happen?

natalee Guest

Default why did it happen?

today i laid my angel grace to rest.
    I was 37 weeks pregnant and had gone into labour, everything was fine except i was in alot of pain. they had a heart beat then all of a sudden they lost it after 1.5 hours of trying to find it still no heart beat then they told me my beautiful baby girl was dead!
    I have no idea what to think what to do all i keep thinking is what if!!!!
    does it get easier?
    do the tears stop?

Grace May Catherine
    born 10th december 2005
    3095 grms
    loving daughter of natalee and david
    sister to Dylan and Caleb

natalee my heart goes out to you. At this time I do not know if there are any words for you. Let yourself feel your grief and let the tears come. In time I hope it can get a little easier for you.

Be kind to yourself and don't be afraid to share your emotions with your partner.

Melinda Guest

Oh my Natalee. I can't begin to imagine the sorrow you must be feeling. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful and precious little girl, Grace. I just can't imagine what you must be going through right now.......

Have they offered you any reasons for why this may have happened? I imagine you are probably searching for answers.

Have you been able to speak to anybody about your loss? Perhaps speaking to someone may help? Quite often hospitals have support services for PG loss.

I wish I could give you the answers and make things better for you - it's such a tragedy and I wish this hadn't ever have happened to you. I really feel for you.

Does it get easier? Do the tears stop? Honestly Natalee, I believe that you never get over the loss, but in time, it becomes a little easier to get up in the morning and to keep going, IYKWIM? I think that there is a need to grieve and to work through that grief - which can be a very long process, but is an essential one. There are so many emotions to work through. But yes, I do believe that in time, things do get better, but it is very hard to see that now as your feelings are so raw and fresh.

I'm not sure if any of this has helped Natalee, but please know that you are in my thoughts and that if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. BB is a great place for support as I'm sure you will find out for yourself, so please feel free to chat to us, ok?

Thinking of you.....

Oh Natalee i am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    I can't imagine what you are going through, i just want you to know that i am thinking of you and your family at this difficicult time :hugs:

Oh Natalee, my heart aches for you. I am so sorry you had to lose your precious daughter, Grace.

I am sure she is looking down on you and your family during this heartaching time, helping you get through each day.

Natalee my heart goes out to you and your family. I'm really sorry for your loss of Grace.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Natalee

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter ~Grace May Catherine ~ what a beautiful name.

I am also sorry that you are going for this, and for having to say that there is nothing that you can do to take away the pain right now... grieving takes time.

Talking to others who have experienced loss or counsellors helps a great deal. The caring women on here are amazing we can empathise with what you are going through and be here for you.

No words can describe the pain your going through or the emptiness you are feeling, or the days ahead sure to be filled with immense sadness especially over Christmas. I can only imagine how you feel as my daughter Charlottewas born still @ 26 weeks Sept 1st 2004.

I can truly say it does get easier you learn to live with the loss.For those of us who have travelled further along that long road of grief, we know that you will find the strength to find new goals and new reasons to go on.With time, your pain will not be as raw, the bad days will become fewer, and you may begin to see joy in life.

I have accepted that the experiences many of us go through are shaping us into a far more compassionate, caring person with more depth of emotion and a greater respect and love of Mother Nature and humanity. I still wish we didn't have to learn it this way.

The healing time and the ways you seek to do it are up to you though. I really hope will find your peace. My thoughts are with you

take care

DD Charlotte Rose 1/9/04 26wks

*TamaraP* Guest

Oh Natalee, my heart aches for you. I am so sorry for your terrible loss especially at a time like this.

I am sending you as many cyber hugs as possible, and as many thoughts and prays that you get through this rough time and things heal well for you.

May Grace rest in peace and look down at you and your family with love and give you the strength that you need....

Natalee...my thoughts are with you at this tragic time. I cant even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Im so very very very sorry for your loss.

Jo

Natalee.....I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl "Grace".

Take care Leah

Natalee,
    It is so unfair that anyone should have to experience what you have. Your life will never be the same and although your beautiful Grace never walked this earth she lived in you and will continue too.
    There are some days where you won't want to get out of bed and then there are the days you feel "guilty" for being happy.
    I hope you are ok!
    As the girls said we are always here for you.
    Bec

Natalee, my heart is breaking for you.

:hugs:

Natalee - My heart is aching for you and your family during this extremely difficult time. I cannot imagine what your going through but know it must be so very difficult for you all.

Hugs to you and I`m thinking of you and your family.

Natalee,
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter Grace.
    I understand your need for some answers and I pray that you get them in time. Sometimes there is no answer and that is hard.
    I hope you have support from your family and friends. Turn to your partner and together grieve for your baby daughter. Sands is a wonderful organisation that may be able to help a little for you.
    I have no words that seem to fit what I feel for you.
    I send you and your family love, prayers and hugs,
    Deb

Im so sorry for your loss Natalee of little Grace, I went serching for a poem for you, I hope you like.

Daddy, please don't look so sad,
    Mama please don't cry~
    "Cause I am in the arms of Jesus
    and He sings me lullabies."
    Please, try not to question God,
    Don't think he is unkind
    Don't think He sent me to you,
    and then He changed his mind.
    You see, I am a special child,
    and I'm needed up above
    I'm the special gift you gave Him,
    the product of your love.
    I'll always be there with you
    and watch the sky at night,
    Find the brightest star that's gleaming,
    That's my halo's brilliant light.
    You'll see me in the morning frost,
    that mists your window pane.
    That's me in the summer showers,
    I'll be dancing in the rain.
    When you feel a little breeze,
    from a gentle wind that blows
    That's me, I'll be there,
    planting a kiss on your nose.
    When you see a child playing,
    and your heart feels a little tug,
    That's me, I'll be there,
    giving your heart a hug.
    So Daddy, please don't look so sad,
    Mama don't your cry.
    I'm in the arms of Jesus
    and He sings me lullabies.

Author~Claudette T. Allen

Pietta Guest

Oh Natalee I can only begin to imagine what you must be feeling at the moment with your loss of little Grace.

Please remember that we are all here to listen and for you to vent or express any feelings.