Thread: Constantly taking her nappy off...

Default Constantly taking her nappy off...

MY DD (23mths) is constantly taking her nappy off when at home. I thought it may be a sign that she is ready to be TT, so I bought her undies and most times when at home she is in them.

But... she doesn't seem to understand or "know" how to do a wee on the toilet. I have managed to get her to finish off two poos on the loo but that is all.

So now I am wondering whether she takes the nappy off just bacause she likes to be nude.... (LOL)

Has anyone elses children done this? Was it a sign they were ready to TT? If not, how long did it (nappy stripping) last for?

TIA

my DS (8mths) likes taking his nappies off, he likes the sound of the velcro ripping - I think that's the only reason!

Lily was doing this at that age too and we thought it was a sign of TT. I think it was a sign but it took her almost a year to 'get it'. Maybe if she's not ready, stick her in overalls so she cant take it off :P

ROFL at the overalls Tegan

Well it does work! Although we eventually had to stop because she couldnt get the darn things off to go to the loo so would wet herself

you can't win hey!

My DS1 did this when he was about 17months. It used to drive me nuts, to the point that I would only put him in all in ones and when he worked out how to undo them I resorted to putting a safety pin there.

When I finally got jack of trying to keep his nappy on he basically started going to the toilet by himself. By the time he was 19mths he was pretty much toilet trained except for poo, that is whole other story.

With DS2 I just left his nappy off when we were at home and took him to the toilet every 1/2 hour. By the end of 2 weeks he was tt day and night, only had a few accidents.

Good luck she may be ready.