Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Disposables - what's your favourite brand?

I always buy huggies and wish that I could get othere brands, I think IMO that huggies are the best I like how soft they are and how thin they are I like that the material is not scratchy and stiff and that they breathe really well,

My DS would leak out of every nappy I put on him and I could not use anything other than huggies, and my DD is fine on the leaking side of things but gets severe nappy rash if I put her in defferant brands so she wears huggies all the time too, I just find that huggies have been by far the best, for us anyway.

Hi Brooke,
    I use Huggies too and they sometimes leave those crystal thingies behind when I change her nappy I think it is just something that happens with huggies but I might look in to it but it happened with my DS too so it can't be to isolated of a problem.

Let us know how you go with the dymples nappies as I have often wondered what they were like. As we find buying Huggies every week a very expensive excersise.

Pietta Guest

I ahve been using Snugglers for a while now and they are not too bad- i hated them when Ryley was little- they seem ok now though.

We are going to go back to Huggies at night coz for some reason Snugglers just cant take a night time load!! hehehe

If the BigW ones work out ok Brooke let us know and i might try them!

Kirsty77 Guest

I've stopped using huggies during the day and only use them at night because they seem to be the most absorbent.During the day now we use snugglers.At first I had problems with them but now they work perfectly.They are such great value to, a box of 105 for only $25-$27 when on special!!

We had huge problems trying to find the right nappies.

We had been using Huggies, which I would only buy when on special for $28 a box, or when my sister could get them cheap, not anymore though, bummer!

Now recently I went to NappyLand to see if I could get the 2nds nappies, but unfortunately they only had the BabyLove brand which we had a huge problem with the crystals factor and leakages. So instead I ended up with VIP, which has been amazing, really good value, I got 18 for $4.90, so I was happy with that and they have worked well. I also bought a box of Joeys which I have yet to try, but will be in the next week or so.

Obsidian Guest

We've switched to modern cloth now... but were using disposables before.

Until our girl was about 14 months (She's 2 now) we used "seconds" nappies day and night, and then she became a heavy wetter and we ended up needing huggies for night. I didn't like the crystals in huggies (Though 2 liners stops them contacting the skin).... which is one reason we went to cloth.

We used nappyland's boxes of nappies first (about $20 for 100), but then found a cheaper place (Nielfran in Ferntree Gully (Vic) - I may have spelled that wrong), where newborn are $10 for 100, and toddler size are $18 for 100. We used what they called their "standard seconds" which were those prices and worked fine for day time and night until she got older.... my sister used their "premium seconds" (a little more expensive) for night, but I found no difference in them. The first pack we got of them had several nappies missing one sticky tab - which was annoying, but on a newborn we just used a sticky tape despenser on the change table... after that we had maybe 2 missing one, which we just threw away, but I figure a couple of duds in almost 2 years worth of nappies is still saving HEAPS... so not sure why they were "seconds" when they weren't defective. I think they just call their in house brand the seconds, because they also carry other brands and the "seconds" come in an unmarked clear plastic bag. (They probably also don't check them for quality)

I've tried Coles "savings" brand, Aldi's ones, the ones in coles that are a creamy coloured pack with purple? (no idea of the brand), and several other types... and we never really had a problem with leaks in any of them until she got older and needed a more absorbent night nappy. We were quite happy with the "seconds" ones.... as has been my sister and my cousin in Tassie got us to buy some to take down to her every time we could.

A tip... if you're stuck with no night nappies... we used to use 1-2 sanitary pads inside a daytime nappy to give it a bit of a boost. We used the cheapest coles brand pads in our seconds nappies and they worked for night for a while before we ended up needing to get night nappies.... and it was a cheaper option to buying 1 huggies nappy!

just found out a juicy tid bit! aldi nappies are actually made by huggies, is a big secret in huggies land, they dont want people to find out because then they will just buy the cheaper aldi nappies - sneaky!!!

I also use huggies and am very happy with them too but for the expense. DH and i are also on a tight budget so i would be interested in trying another brand but not sure which one. We never have any leaks with the huggies and after a 13 hour night stint they are as full as but he is still dry. We've also had no nappy rash to speak of. Hendrix also gets those crystals on him quite regularly - this i dont like as with Brooke they are a pain to get off and gross me out a little. Id love to hear of another brand that others have used on baby boys bum at 6 months??

Just did a yellow pages search... the place in FTG in Melbourne is Naelfran. They are in Keven Ave, just off Burwood Hwy bwtn Dorset Rd & FTG Holden on FTG Holden side of the hwy.

I'm stacked up with Huggies at the moment, but will certainly look at getting there to have a look cause I wasn't happy with Snugglers non-stretch waist for a day nappy and have gone back to Huggies 24/7. Would like a cheaper alternative... Will also look at Aldi. This Mamia brand sound worth investigating!

Bought some Mamia's yesterday and tried Blake in them straight away. By evening he had some nappy rash. Not sure if this is due to the nappy or that he's a bit unwell - runny nose, cross-infected to his eyes. He's also been pooing all the time which he wasn't prior. Will give him a try back in the huggies to see if it was the nappies or his health/diet. Otherwise I might have a brand new less 2 nappy pack to give away... stay tuned!

Thanks Kate. I'm not sure if he's had too many vegies and that upset him, his cold/bug from the swimming pool or the nappies. Haven't been swimming since, have gone back onto basic food for him - Farex, apples or banana, and back into huggies. So far so good. Once he's back to normal and he's stopped pooing 100 times a day, I'll add one variable at a time and see what happens.

Now if only he'd sleep!

belmarks Guest

Default Nannys Baby's Wishes Nappies

ok I've skipped through all these posts (way too many to read) so please excuse me if anyone has already written about these, but I am wondering about Nannys Baby's Wishes nappies, they are new to Australia (I think they are European) and we have a place that will supply them in bulk, but before I buy a pack of 200, I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them and what are they like....

Fee Guest

Default Re: Nannys Baby's Wishes Nappies

Quote Originally Posted by belmarks
    ok I've skipped through all these posts (way too many to read) so please excuse me if anyone has already written about these, but I am wondering about Nannys Baby's Wishes nappies, they are new to Australia (I think they are European) and we have a place that will supply them in bulk, but before I buy a pack of 200, I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them and what are they like....
    I think they have been mentioned in this thread (I have been skimming over it that last few days). Why don't you do a search on the BB forums of the name of these nappies and see what comes up?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234