Thread: HELP starting out with MCNs at 8 months!

Default HELP starting out with MCNs at 8 months!

The time has come for me to start using MCNs on DS. I have few, 2 BBB, 2 BBH and 1 fuzzibunz. We've really only used flats so far though.

So I wondering what's the best way to go at this stage......fitteds/covers or pockets or a combo. And if anyone could recommend their faves that would be great! I like the sound of the Bumgenius, GK and Haute pockets, but am open to suggestions.

I like my BB nappies but I'm open to ideas there too!

TIA everyone

I use a mix of them. I have BBB's which I use as night nappies or with the BBH's I use them for longer car trips. I use them at night with a soaker & during the day with a PUL cover.

I love pockets... dunno why, I've tried AIO's and for some reason I like pockets the best. So I have 5 x BumGenius pockets, 1 x Greenkids and 2 x Happy Heiny pockets which are the ones I take out with me when we go out & about. At home I have 5 x fitted nappies of various origins including 1 mazalicious which I use with my Baby Behinds PUL covers or a Mazalicious fleecy cover... I have some prefolds for home use as well. I have more in my stash but these are the most often used nappies & our favourites.

Thanks Christy! Which pockets do you like best? And what do you boost them with?

With the Greenkids, which ones are best, and which boosters do you prefer?

I use pockets. I've got peapods, pocket change and I have also made a few pocket nappies myself. I find them really easy to use. I only have a few, but I am going to buy some more soon. I like that the absorbant bit and the cover bit are seperate and that I can add extra boosters into it. The inserts do take a while to dry but if you get extra inserts then its not so bad. I put them all together after they have been washed and dried, so they are ready to use straight away. I thought they would give Claire a nappy rash, but they only gave her a rash the first 2 or 3 times I used them, and now she doesnt get nappy rash at all. I want to get some Greenkids ones. They have pretty patterns!

I do have an AIO which I use as well, but it take a really long time to dry compared to the pockets.

Sorry Janie! I love the Bum Genius pockets best and I stuff them with the BumGenius microfibre insert but they also have bamboo boosters which are good if you have a heavy wetter (I don't ) I have a OSFA Greenkids pocket with bamboo inserts & booster & I love that one as well. Come join the MCN general chatter though because others have different favourites as well for different reasons & you can join & see what ones people like best.

Some don't like velcro because older bubs can get them off & also because it can go a bit ratty after a while. I don't mind it on Jovie though... she hasn't though of opening it yet.

I'm a pocket fan too Janie - BumGenius and GreenKids are my faves - but that's probably because they're both one size fits all. I love the BumGenius all-in-ones, but because they're not one size fits all, they're not as economical. The stash that I'm using for Jambin at the moment should fit him until he's toilet trained, as they're pretty much all OSFA.

Thanks ladies! Great info

I will pop into the chatter thread to annoy the lovely girls there with any further questions!